Forums > Personal > Radical Islams

forum rss feed
Author

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 06, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm scared of these people O.O
I recently saw a program on Fox News about radical Islamics talking about taking over the world and taking all rights away from women and minorities like blacks and hispanics, and punishing people who are not Islamic. o_O
I personally think they are full of shit and hot air. The US and UK are much more powerful than these terrorist organizations.
But because of 9/11 and Heathrow Airport, it still scares me. :/
What do fellow queenzoners think about this?
I was just wondering...


Back whenever
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 06, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not up to us to defeat them. Terrorism and Radical Islam are ideas, and you can't kill an idea. You can kill all of the people that have that idea, but that makes you a murder and you never get anything done, because the idea spreads. This is a mirror image with what happend in Catholocism at the time of the Spanish Inquisition. All we can do is hope that cooler heads within Islam will prevail. We (outsiders) can't stop this...Islam has to stop this within itself.


Formerly MHG
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 06, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ignore this "Cookies" girl. She's a 12 year old who just likes to think the exact opposite of what others say. She's a waste of time.
By the way, she's getting more ignorant as time passes. Hopefully she'll one day disappear.

blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 06, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

¼Microwave wrote:

We need more guns. I think guns are good.


Off topic, but, are you getting smaller?


I'm so pissed I could spit.
yamaha user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

It's not up to us to defeat them. Terrorism and Radical Islam are ideas, and you can't kill an idea. You can kill all of the people that have that idea, but that makes you a murder and you never get anything done, because the idea spreads. This is a mirror image with what happend in Catholocism at the time of the Spanish Inquisition. All we can do is hope that cooler heads within Islam will prevail. We (outsiders) can't stop this...Islam has to stop this within itself.


That's a nice theory and all (wise and quite true), but I don't feel like dying while they figure it out. It just seems like there is no place in a civilized world for the radical element.

,Mike "I'd love to save the world, but I don't know what to do" Bruce

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yamaha wrote:

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

It's not up to us to defeat them. Terrorism and Radical Islam are ideas, and you can't kill an idea. You can kill all of the people that have that idea, but that makes you a murder and you never get anything done, because the idea spreads. This is a mirror image with what happend in Catholocism at the time of the Spanish Inquisition. All we can do is hope that cooler heads within Islam will prevail. We (outsiders) can't stop this...Islam has to stop this within itself.


That's a nice theory and all (wise and quite true), but I don't feel like dying while they figure it out. It just seems like there is no place in a civilized world for the radical element.

,Mike "I'd love to save the world, but I don't know what to do" Bruce


But what can we do otherwise? Fact is that the way of violence (which "we" do now) only creates more terrorism.


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1/4Microwave wrote:

We need more guns. I think guns are good.

To use guns we'd first have to be able to get into the areas without getting killed :/


Back whenever
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, you should not watch Fox News, it's just a propaganda station. You are much more likely to be shot by students in your own school than you are likely to be killed by terrorists.

Secondly, you cannot fight terrorism with war and guns - just look at Afghanistan and Iraq. In Iraq we have more terrorism now than ever before the war. In Afghanistan the so called "war on terror" is far from being won.

To fight terrorism we need to fight the roots of terrorism, i.e. poverty, injustice, illiteracy. People who have a prospect in life and a future won't fall for terrorism so easily. People who are not outraged about the injustice and the vilolence against their own people (Iraq, Palestine) won't go to a "holy war".

Use your own brain and think for yourself. Why was Iraq attacked although they had nothing to do with 9/11 and they did not have weapons of mass destruction? Why was Iraq attacked - one of the few Arab countries where the terrorists did not stand a chance?

Do not believe everything your political leaders tell you. For example: why can people not take any fluids in their hand baggage although it was proven that it is IMPOSSIBLE to mix a bomb from fluids on a plane? It is done to keep us afraid. We are supposed to be so scared that we don't think any further. People who are scared do not question their country, they don't ask for social justice and they don't ask what happens with their tax money and what happens with their human rights. Just get your information from various sources and always ask yourself who profits from what your government does.


I do not want any google ads here.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 08:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're on a roll Barb! :D


Killed by drones.
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

First of all, you should not watch Fox News, it's just a propaganda station. You are much more likely to be shot by students in your own school than you are likely to be killed by terrorists.

Secondly, you cannot fight terrorism with war and guns - just look at Afghanistan and Iraq. In Iraq we have more terrorism now than ever before the war. In Afghanistan the so called "war on terror" is far from being won.

To fight terrorism we need to fight the roots of terrorism, i.e. poverty, injustice, illiteracy. People who have a prospect in life and a future won't fall for terrorism so easily. People who are not outraged about the injustice and the vilolence against their own people (Iraq, Palestine) won't go to a "holy war".

Use your own brain and think for yourself. Why was Iraq attacked although they had nothing to do with 9/11 and they did not have weapons of mass destruction? Why was Iraq attacked - one of the few Arab countries where the terrorists did not stand a chance?

Do not believe everything your political leaders tell you. For example: why can people not take any fluids in their hand baggage although it was proven that it is IMPOSSIBLE to mix a bomb from fluids on a plane? It is done to keep us afraid. We are supposed to be so scared that we don't think any further. People who are scared do not question their country, they don't ask for social justice and they don't ask what happens with their tax money and what happens with their human rights. Just get your information from various sources and always ask yourself who profits from what your government does.


Sadly, about half the US population voting today does not/will not/refuses to see the truth and logic of this entire statement.


"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Radical Islamics, Radical Leftists, Radical Christians, Radical Conservatives... and so and so,

Any fuckin' radical extremist wants to take over the world and force their own rules and thoughts on others. Why only pin point one single group as the threat when all of them are just about as guilty.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good points brought up here....let me re-interate two of them.
1) Since 9-11, a grand total of about 3000 people died from terrorist attacks. Now that's not a good thing, but that's in a 4 year period (9-11-01 to 9-11-05). But consider this:
2) 38,444 people died in auto accidents in JUST the year of 2004 according to national data (http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/)
What's the point in all this? Your odds of dying in a terrorist attack are next to nil. In the grand scheme of humanity, terrorism is just a blip on the radar screen.
My other point is this (and I'll probably get flamed for this, but oh well): This is what religion can do to people. Radical Jews, Radical Christians, Radical Muslims...they all cause problems. But you can't have Radical religions if you don't have religions. Religion was a good thing when people were poor, ignorant, and had no hope of any kind of upward mobility on any kind of scale...it gave them something to believe in, which probably saved history from an awful lot of bloodshed. But, religion, particularly the big three of Judaisim, Chrisitanity and Islam, all have one fundamental problem which makes it easier for radicalism to take hold: They place too much emphasis on the afterlife, instead of on this one. Instead of caring for humanity and your fellow people for the sake of the betterment of all, they are too focused on winning points in the afterlife. If you deem life of little value here, then of course you will do anything to make the next one better, and thus radicalism. If religion didn't exist anymore, it's more likely (though not certain by any means) that people would start to value the life we are living now, and that would mean thinking twice about doing stuff like this because you aren't gauranteed forgiveness or a better life after this one.
I'm ready for the onslaught of hate mail now.


Formerly MHG
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

You're on a roll Barb! :D

Say, this is a topic that i started... does it make you happy, O great one?


Back whenever
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Radical Islamics, Radical Leftists, Radical Christians, Radical Conservatives... and so and so,

Any fuckin' radical extremist wants to take over the world and force their own rules and thoughts on others. Why only pin point one single group as the threat when all of them are just about as guilty.

Because I didn't see a show about radical Conservatives.... I saw one about Radical Islamics.


Back whenever
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=teal>Cookies!<h6>Poo!!<h6> wrote:

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

You're on a roll Barb! :D

Say, this is a topic that i started... does it make you happy, O great one?


Not really, as your OP was fairly hysterical and full of American ignorance.
Barb just saved it that's all. ;)


Killed by drones.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Religion is just a pretense for radicals. If there were no religion they would find another way to manipulate people.

There are millions of people in this world trying to make sense of their lives and religion is one way to find answers. Religious people are usually the ones who care about their neighbours and the community and who are willing to help when help is needed. We must always make the difference between the ethics of a religion and the people who uphold these ethics on the one side and the "powers" (including religious leaders very often) who abuse religion and pervert the religious ethics for their political purpose on the other side. I am not in a church but I respect the role of religion in a civilized society.

@ Cookies - you started a topic, so I assumed you want an answer. Perhaps the posts here make you think.


I do not want any google ads here.

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

<font color=teal>Cookies!<h6>Poo!!<h6> wrote:

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

You're on a roll Barb! :D

Say, this is a topic that i started... does it make you happy, O great one?


Not really, as your OP was fairly hysterical and full of American ignorance.
Barb just saved it that's all. ;)

As a matter of fact, I'm 100% German.
Ass.


Back whenever
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Religion is just a pretense for radicals. If there were no religion they would find another way to manipulate people.

There are millions of people in this world trying to make sense of their lives and religion is one way to find answers. Religious people are usually the ones who care about their neighbours and the community and who are willing to help when help is needed. We must always make the difference between the ethics of a religion and the people who uphold these ethics on the one side and the "powers" (including religious leaders very often) who abuse religion and pervert the religious ethics for their political purpose on the other side. I am not in a church but I respect the role of religion in a civilized society.

@ Cookies - you started a topic, so I assumed you want an answer. Perhaps the posts here make you think.

Thank you, because i was looking for other answers and opinions besides my own. I just don't like the fact that The Fairy King treats me like a retard and like my posts are garbage.


Back whenever
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 06, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=teal>Cookies!<h6>Poo!!<h6> wrote:

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

<font color=teal>Cookies!<h6>Poo!!<h6> wrote:

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

You're on a roll Barb! :D

Say, this is a topic that i started... does it make you happy, O great one?


Not really, as your OP was fairly hysterical and full of American ignorance.
Barb just saved it that's all. ;)

As a matter of fact, I'm 100% German.
Ass.


So?
Your ignorance is on the same level as the general American voters.
;)
No need for name calling now, i didn't say anything harsh dear.


Killed by drones.