Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Film!

forum rss feed
Author

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Nov 06, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just read this news:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61792

A film about Freddie's live. I can't wait to see it actually. Lets hope it's also focusing on the music, and not only the wild partying.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 06, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know. I bet a filmed party might be quite entertaining, coming from FM.

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They would have to leave out quite a bit then, since sex & drugs are a no-go in Hollywood films :P

slightly mad 22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 06, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

didn't you see BLOW or BOOGIE NIGHTS??

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 06, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

The idea of a movie like that just makes me feel ill...

Knowing this "Hollywood" beast, I just dearly hope it's not too tasteless or overly doting upon things they think will get an award (if they even care about that) - like that AIDS thing.

If they're going to do it and go through his personal life, they might as well go all the way and present him as an actual person - good and bad, and not just a scandalous story.

I think it would be great if people walked away thinking they saw something they weren't supposed to. Maybe being grateful for their own privacy.

But fuck that, Hollywood will do whatever it damn well pleases.

On a more shallow note, if they do this, I would love if Johnny Depp played him. Depp is a fantastic actor. And that jumps out in my mind before any phsyical resemblances.

Actors, I think shouldn't be picked on a he-looks-like-him basis, sure that should certainly be considered, but there's always the magic of make-up and things like fake noses.

Considering that Brian, Roger (and John?) are involved, I don't think it will be a tasteless mockery of Freddie. Queen can always refuse the use of their music and voila! No movie.

I'm rather surprised that Robert DeNiro hasn't been mentioned by name as being involved. Other than being a great actor/director, he has his own film production company. I wonder if Martin Scorsese (sp?) would be interested in directing?

Though I'm not sure about Depp playing Mercury, I do agree that the actor does not need to look identical to Freddie. Joaquin (again, sp?) Phoenix didn't look like Johnny Cash necessarily but there were similarities.

This also begs the question, will the actor playing Mercury choose to sing the songs himself as is the current trend in Hollywood?

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 06, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No way! I'll stick with the original Queen photos, vhs's, dvds. No substitutions, please. I purposely did not go and see the Johnny Cash film - I would rather see some old grainy black and white film of the real Cash than someone's imitation. Freddie Mercury is 100% pure charisma! Leave it alone.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 06, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great news about the film! cant wait to see it!

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 06, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

willem-jan wrote:

They would have to leave out quite a bit then, since sex & drugs are a no-go in Hollywood films :P

Why was there animated sex in the Hollywood version to the video of Days Of Our Lives then?

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 06, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.*.Messenger Of Leah.*. wrote:

willem-jan wrote:

Why was there animated sex in the Hollywood version to the video of Days Of Our Lives then?

And don't get me started about Jay & Silent Bob