Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Queen and Budapest - How We Won the East (Video Doku by DoRo)

forum rss feed
Author

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Always faster than the speed of light... :-)

A newly compiled film by Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher (DoRo) about Queen in Budapest 1986/2005 was just aired here in Germany an hour ago this evening on a TV-Channel called 3Sat.

The 45 minute feature which is titled "How We Won The East" includes footage from Queen´s
1986 and 2005 concerts in Budapest, backstage material, interviews with band members,
Queen´s hungarian promoter and fans from 1986 and 2005.

I recorded this directly onto my PC and encoded it to Mpeg1-format (1152 kbps) for sharing purposes. Running time is about 45 minutes... no commercial breaks ~ file size ca. 450 Mb

As I´m already in some kind of pre-christmas mood, though we had 20 degrees celsius today...
well, I thought I´d share it with you asap...

...so have fun & enjoy! ;-)

PS: Though this is a DoRo-Production... this one is enjoyable!!!

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: Queen and Budapest - How We Won the East.mpg.torrent 17 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 884 time(s).

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

[StArMaN] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Error connecting to tracker :(
Am I the only one ??

Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you!

Sorry for my english! :(
928 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds nice.......not as a lossy file though.
Shame

Another Person user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks again Greg ;-D

Tim June user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 366 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw it this evening.

I think it is a good documentation with some insider information about the 1986 Budapest concert.

life could be magic if we break free
P-Tr extinction event user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 492 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there is NOTHING new in that documentary except for some additional comments from the local promoter. Mixture of Budapest 2005 (live in japan extra dvd) and the magic years 3 budapest parts + concert footage. thought i make it clear for the hard core group ;) ... another wasted opportunity to give us some interesting additional footage from 4 days of shooting in 1986...

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MikloS wrote:

there is NOTHING new in that documentary except for some additional comments from the local promoter. Mixture of Budapest 2005 (live in japan extra dvd) and the magic years 3 budapest parts + concert footage. thought i make it clear for the hard core group ;) ... another wasted opportunity to give us some interesting additional footage from 4 days of shooting in 1986...

...and another 2 or 3 days in 2005. I'm downloading it nevertheless. Just one thing - is it dubbed in German?

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MikloS wrote:

We´re talking about Doro productions. What do you expect?

Take care

P.S. Thaks for the uploader.

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote:

MikloS wrote:

...and another 2 or 3 days in 2005. I'm downloading it nevertheless. Just one thing - is it dubbed in German?

V.

i live in Portugal but via satelite i get german tv channels like 3sat, zdf,dsf,ard and other's.... and i must say i was very surprised to see that they did NOT dubbed the interviews,they in english with german subtitles. off course the narrator speaks in german. but i'm going to have a party because for ONE time in my life i've heard in a german channel english person talking WITHOUT any annoyng german voice over it.

i wonder why german channel don't transmit any program in they're original language. Movies, sitcom's, series,documentaries,what it's not in german... it's ALL dubbed. i'm very happy to live in Portugal,why? here in Portugal the only things that are dubbed are cartoons,nothing moore. i'm almost certain that Portugal is the ONLY country in Europe that transmites movies,series etc in they're original language

cyncursor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 06, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing. :-) I'm curious to see this since not all of us have the Live in Japan bonus dvd.

P-Tr extinction event user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 492 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

for those who dont have the japanese dvd, 50% of it is indeed very interesting . The narrator is Rudi Dolezal himself btw :)

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

popy wrote:

bigV wrote:

MikloS wrote:

V.

i live in Portugal but via satelite i get german tv channels like 3sat, zdf,dsf,ard and other's.... and i must say i was very surprised to see that they did NOT dubbed the interviews,they in english with german subtitles. off course the narrator speaks in german. but i'm going to have a party because for ONE time in my life i've heard in a german channel english person talking WITHOUT any annoyng german voice over it.

i wonder why german channel don't transmit any program in they're original language. Movies, sitcom's, series,documentaries,what it's not in german... it's ALL dubbed. i'm very happy to live in Portugal,why? here in Portugal the only things that are dubbed are cartoons,nothing moore. i'm almost certain that Portugal is the ONLY country in Europe that transmites movies,series etc in they're original language

Nope, Dutch do the same thing :)
Even the majority of the cartoons is broadcasted in the original language.

Thanks for this upload, very fast I must say!

Pierre user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pierre
Bohemian: 294 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thnx for this !

Queen 2 Forever.
PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

popy wrote:

bigV wrote:

MikloS wrote:

Just one thing - is it dubbed in German?

V.

In Denmark it's in the original language but at least ARD and ZDF use 2 channel sound for some programs (movies?), so that you can hear it in the original language if you prefer that. :-)

Thank you for sharing.

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
Diane24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If someone please upload it to rapidshare or anything else? Would be great cause I fighting still with some other torrents!

cheers,
diana

21/09/08 Berlin, 05/10/08 Hamburg and 28/10/08 Budapest
riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

popy wrote:

bigV wrote:

MikloS wrote:

V.

All nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway) have original language on TV as well. Only children's programs are dubbed.

As said before, not a surprise that DoRo couldn't come up with anything new. There must be hours of filmed material that is still unreleased. Too much work to search and edit the old tapes...?

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice. I have both Magic Years Laser Disc and Super Live in Japan but I'll download it either way. Thanks to the uploader.

About the dubbing of everything in most european countries, well, I think that's too bad. Ok, maybe on TV series on local or regional channels but, come one, ON MOVIE THEATERS??! :O. I couldn't believe it back in 2002. I was in Paris around the time Episode 2 of Star Wars came out and I went through a lot of trouble finding a cinema with the movie on its original version. Here in Mexico we get 99% of the movies on their original versions in movie theaters. Only those for children are dubbed. On TV we have dubbed shows on local TV and subtitled ones on cable.

Well... since there's not a lot to comment on the download, I thought I could mention that other thing, haha :). Thanks again to the uploader and a big HELLO to my good friend MIKLOS, with whom I haven't been in touch in a while. Nice to "see" you talking about your favorite subject: "QUEEN IN BUDAPEST" and the concert you refused to go, haha :D. I hope you're alright.

See ya,

Wiley

hyoga mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 06, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please a DVD Cover for that stuff
Thanks again