Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Who would you like (on vocals) to record an album with Queen?

forum rss feed
Author

BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 06, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BILLY JOEL!!!!

thejack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 06, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I would like Freddie on the vocals with Queen.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury.

No More Fun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers.

its great

queen are the only band i hear apart from metal
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

paul sucks

freddie could kick his only semi-talented ass up and dowm the block

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike hunt is the new singer for queen.

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Metal Head wrote:

I would love to see Justin Hawkins sing lead vocals. Simply because he has that flamboyant quality. Also, because I would love to hear him sing The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke! That would seriously amuse me...

Besides, regardless of what anybody says, that guy can sing! If you don't believe me, then go listen to The Blind Man or English Country Garden and you'll see what I mean. And its a shame that he isn't in The Darkness anymore. Terrible thing to happen when rock started actually getting interesting.

In case you haven't heard, Justin Hawkins has recently said that he would take the job as Queen's frontman if the oppurtunity ever arised.

I'd like to see Justin Hawkins star in the next version of 'Faces of Death' or Al Qaeda's next home video. I'd like to see him on a PBS science documentary called, "Vocal chord removal surgery."

There may very well be a crappier vocalist in music history... I just can't prove it.

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing will ever top, nor come close to equalling Freddie. So that being said, Paul Rodgers is as good as any to replace him. I'm satisfied.

olly1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

steve perry, ex journey singer. only if paul went though, cos i love him too.

Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian or Roger. Keep it in the family, for fucks sake.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wanna see an album with Brian or Roger singing on it.

If that wont happen, then I wouldnt mind seeing Steve Perry or Justin Hawkins.

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

paul o brien wrote:

Bono

Definetley, Bono, or Meat Loaf. Bono is probably todays best frontman, and he would really do well with Queen behind him. However, looking at it realisticly, he would never leave U2, and I'm not sure how the band would take his influence, if it would work or not. And both bands would get a lot of crap from U2 fans (not all, I am one myself) about Bono leaving, but we can dream. Before I read you're post, my first thought was Meat Loaf. Brillian singer, he's not got Freddie's range (but who has), and there are singers who can reach higher notes, but Meat Loaf gives a great performance, has written some beutifull songs, and his exprerience of orchestral rock with Jim Steinman is something to be admired. But, when I think of it, he would decline the offer, and who knows what the band would think of that idea.

Just a thought, my apologies for not remembering his name, but the lead singer of Smile could do it. He's got a good relationship with Brian and Roger, it could work. But, hey ho, lets hope that they havent decided that it's going to be Paul Rogers from now on out.

Thanks,

B.R

Freddies Lover
Vilatrista user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury

roy_fokker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Depends on the song...
but there are a couple of singers I'd love to hear singing Queen, perhaps more than Paul Rodgers himself.

One would be Cheap Trick's singer Robin Zander (lisen to Mighty Wings or The Flame, i.e.);

The other would be Kenny Loggins (Forever, Danger Zone, Playing with the boys);

The third would be Ronnie James Dio (or Peter Martin, perhaps, too!)

of course I omitted to state that "I" would love to be there, too! just for a couple of songs, perhaps! ;-)

bas asselbergs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeff Scott Soto. Michael Jackson. Robbie Williams. George Michael. Montserrat Caballé. Sting. Bono. Lionel Ritchie. Diana Krall. Axl Rose. Myself!!! I don't really want to hear these with Brian and Roger together on a "Queen"-named album. But it would be nice to have these stars cooperating with them on a "collaborations" album...a sort of tribute kind of thing. I do hope that the album the band is working on now, will be well produced, well mastered, well mixed, and that they will take the time to do it in a Queen-quality and Queen-worthy style...no hurry-up-the-clock-is-ticking quicky...They should really go for quality, and not make it a rush-release in order to make a deadline, and then be satisfied with a lesser done job. I want to recognise the Queensound, the background vocals, the diversity in musicstyles, the creativity, the finihing touch that sets them apart from "ordinary bands". And i would love to see some creativity in the sleeve design again....and then a proper name for the project.

lifelong loyal and dedicated Queenfan.
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats his name-the guy from cheap trick,he is good or used to be-he must be a bit old now

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rahpsody wrote:

paul o brien wrote:

Bono

Definetley, Bono, or Meat Loaf. Bono is probably todays best frontman, and he would really do well with Queen behind him. However, looking at it realisticly, he would never leave U2, and I'm not sure how the band would take his influence, if it would work or not. And both bands would get a lot of crap from U2 fans (not all, I am one myself) about Bono leaving, but we can dream. Before I read you're post, my first thought was Meat Loaf. Brillian singer, he's not got Freddie's range (but who has), and there are singers who can reach higher notes, but Meat Loaf gives a great performance, has written some beutifull songs, and his exprerience of orchestral rock with Jim Steinman is something to be admired. But, when I think of it, he would decline the offer, and who knows what the band would think of that idea.

Just a thought, my apologies for not remembering his name, but the lead singer of Smile could do it. He's got a good relationship with Brian and Roger, it could work. But, hey ho, lets hope that they havent decided that it's going to be Paul Rogers from now on out.

Thanks,

B.R

Although Queen is my favorite band (and U2 are merely the 2nd favorite), I really admire Bono a lot. Many of my friends think U2 is my favorite band because of my "obsession" about him.
But still, I don't think he would be a good choice. He would surely do a good job performing a few Queen songs, but most Queen songs wouldn't suit his voice. A few U2 songs don't, and they're forced to play them in different keys so that he can sing them... :-\

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!