Forums > Personal > My first live performance [+ GOOD bonus for both genders]

forum rss feed
Author

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, ladies and ladies.

And I'm not talking about anything sexual, I'm really talking about my first concert! Well, not really a concert, as I only played a couple of songs.

It all began last Saturday (not yesterday, but the previous Saturday). I was at my friend's house when his cousin showed up there.

We were all playing a nice RPG together (nerds! lol), when U2 was mentioned on the TV. So I randomly mentioned I can play a few U2 songs on the guitar. Then for some reason he asked my friend to stop the game so that he could talk about "business".

I got all confused, and he asked me what U2 songs I could play.

Raf: Well, not many... Zoo Station, With Or Without You, which is easy for any newbie hehe...
Zack: Haha, true! Go on...
Raf: Hmm... Bad is easy, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Fly, Pride... And that's it, really. I'm pretty much of a newbie.
Zack: The Fly? Awesome!
Raf: Huh?

He asked my friend to get his guitar and a Wah pedal, then he asked me to play it for him. So I played it, and he liked it.

Zack: Well, my band is gonna play at the Independent Music Festival next Saturday, and The Fly is my favorite song. The problem is that we normally play it with 2 guitars. Our singer played Bono's guitar parts, and our lead guitarist played the lead guitar, but we had a big argument with him and now we don't have a lead guitarist anymore. Wanna play for us? You just have to be there, and we'll call you for the last song. We have all the equipment. The concert will last a bit more than 20 minutes only, as there are other bands.

Then my ego started to grow...

Raf: Are you kidding? Why should I wait outside? I can play all the songs!
Zack: Wonderful. If you do a good job, you'll be our new member.

Then my friend started to moan about us talking about the band and excluding him inside his own house, so I told Zack my phone number.

On Sunday he phoned me and asked me if I could go visit him on Tuesday, for a quick rehearsal.

Out of 4 songs, I could already play 3 of them. So the rehearsal was mostly to teach me the other song.

On Wednesday, another rehearsal. This time we concentrated on trying to keep me in time with the band.

On Thursday, no rehearsal.

On Friday, it was like the best rehearsal. In the first 20 minutes or so, I was quite bad. So we had a quick break to have some rest, and after that everything was perfect. We played the whole set 3 consecutive times without any problems. Then my ego caused me a bit of trouble...

I asked if they had already heard that hard rock version of The Fly from U2's live in Boston DVD, and they said they had. So I asked them if I could sing it during the concert. As it has only 1 guitar, which is pretty much the same as the lead guitar from the normal version (without the Wah effect), it wouldn't be hard to rearrange ourselves to play the song. They asked me if I could sing it in the rehearsal, so that they'd know if I'm good enough or not.

Then I realised my ego was taking me too far, because I was too shy to sing a song. Specially knowing they would be testing me.

So I just stood in front of the mic stand and sang the whole song.

After we finished, they all talked to each other, and then Zack came up to me and said I did a good vocal job, but I needed more "attitude", I had to move more around the stage. As we didn't have more time to play anything, we decided that if the audience was good and excited, we could finish the concert with my version of the song. If not, we would just play the 4 original songs and leave the stage.

On Saturday I arrived kinda early for the concert. There was another band on the stage, and after that one there would be other 4 bands before it was our turn. But the band had already arrived there, and they were fine-tuning the instruments backstage.

When it finally was our turn, we quickly fixed the drumkit, took our amps to the stage, and during our quick soundcheck I noticed t


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really am starting to worry about you, Raf..

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

O_o...o_O...


:-\...


:o...


XP...lol :P Interesting bonus. :D And fascinating story :P

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raf, I swear you're just about to turn me gay.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Metal Head wrote:

I've gotta puke...



Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I'm quite turned on by this... and by Raf. But hey, who isn't?


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=pink>Account Deleted wrote:

Actually I'm quite turned on by this... and by Raf. But hey, who isn't?

LOL! XD


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
thomasquinn 32989 user is on Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=009966>?Poppy? wrote:

I really am starting to worry about you, Raf..


Only now? I've been worried about the sick fuck for ages.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally I can take a lot of shit.
And I also agree that your average QZ'er should not complain about a tit or two (or three). But this is just a step too far; did it ever occur to you that there are minors in here and people with a less strong stomach?

Sorry, but this is a disgrace and this time it indeed DOES ask for a serious request to take that down. And for serious sanctions if you do not.

Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerKing840 wrote:

Yes, ladies and ladies.

And I'm not talking about anything sexual, I'm really talking about my first concert! Well, not really a concert, as I only played a couple of songs.

It all began last Saturday (not yesterday, but the previous Saturday). I was at my friend's house when his cousin showed up there.

We were all playing a nice RPG together (nerds! lol), when U2 was mentioned on the TV. So I randomly mentioned I can play a few U2 songs on the guitar. Then for some reason he asked my friend to stop the game so that he could talk about "business".

I got all confused, and he asked me what U2 songs I could play.

Raf: Well, not many... Zoo Station, With Or Without You, which is easy for any newbie hehe...
Zack: Haha, true! Go on...
Raf: Hmm... Bad is easy, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Fly, Pride... And that's it, really. I'm pretty much of a newbie.
Zack: The Fly? Awesome!
Raf: Huh?

He asked my friend to get his guitar and a Wah pedal, then he asked me to play it for him. So I played it, and he liked it.

Zack: Well, my band is gonna play at the Independent Music Festival next Saturday, and The Fly is my favorite song. The problem is that we normally play it with 2 guitars. Our singer played Bono's guitar parts, and our lead guitarist played the lead guitar, but we had a big argument with him and now we don't have a lead guitarist anymore. Wanna play for us? You just have to be there, and we'll call you for the last song. We have all the equipment. The concert will last a bit more than 20 minutes only, as there are other bands.

Then my ego started to grow...

Raf: Are you kidding? Why should I wait outside? I can play all the songs!
Zack: Wonderful. If you do a good job, you'll be our new member.

Then my friend started to moan about us talking about the band and excluding him inside his own house, so I told Zack my phone number.

On Sunday he phoned me and asked me if I could go visit him on Tuesday, for a quick rehearsal.

Out of 4 songs, I could already play 3 of them. So the rehearsal was mostly to teach me the other song.

On Wednesday, another rehearsal. This time we concentrated on trying to keep me in time with the band.

On Thursday, no rehearsal.

On Friday, it was like the best rehearsal. In the first 20 minutes or so, I was quite bad. So we had a quick break to have some rest, and after that everything was perfect. We played the whole set 3 consecutive times without any problems. Then my ego caused me a bit of trouble...

I asked if they had already heard that hard rock version of The Fly from U2's live in Boston DVD, and they said they had. So I asked them if I could sing it during the concert. As it has only 1 guitar, which is pretty much the same as the lead guitar from the normal version (without the Wah effect), it wouldn't be hard to rearrange ourselves to play the song. They asked me if I could sing it in the rehearsal, so that they'd know if I'm good enough or not.

Then I realised my ego was taking me too far, because I was too shy to sing a song. Specially knowing they would be testing me.

So I just stood in front of the mic stand and sang the whole song.

After we finished, they all talked to each other, and then Zack came up to me and said I did a good vocal job, but I needed more "attitude", I had to move more around the stage. As we didn't have more time to play anything, we decided that if the audience was good and excited, we could finish the concert with my version of the song. If not, we would just play the 4 original songs and leave the stage.

On Saturday I arrived kinda early for the concert. There was another band on the stage, and after that one there would be other 4 bands before it was our turn. But the band had already arrived there, and they were fine-tuning the instruments backstage.

When it finally was our turn, we quickly fixe

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

Personally I can take a lot of shit.
And I also agree that your average QZ'er should not complain about a tit or two (or three). But this is just a step too far; did it ever occur to you that there are minors in here and people with a less strong stomach?

Sorry, but this is a disgrace and this time it indeed DOES ask for a serious request to take that down. And for serious sanctions if you do not.

Ok, I put a big warning on the original post.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man. I bet they still stink of shit.


I'm so pissed I could spit.
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=>LadyMercury wrote:

Man. I bet they still stink of shit.


xD

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

Personally I can take a lot of shit.


...so did the people on the picture.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 06, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

jeroen wrote:

Personally I can take a lot of shit.


...so did the people on the picture.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LMAO!!!! :D

OMG... WOW. :D

I found that so funny. Excuse me... :S

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 06, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

jeroen wrote:

Personally I can take a lot of shit.


...so did the people on the picture.

LOL!


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 06, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/loganfield/sp.gif


Killed by drones.
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 06, 04:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah please... think of my stomach.


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 06, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! Finally some people start to understand my humor!! :-)

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 06, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

did you know that i just purged out the soft batch cookies i ate because of your bonus? haha!

O.o