forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lately, a lot of new users have joined QZ who keep changing their screen names, so we older regulars have no chance to get to know them. As a result we have a community within the community which is not desirable. On the other hand it is not easy for a newbie to get to know the older users who take it for granted that everybody knows who they are. Please post what you want the other members to know but be careful not to post anything personal you want to keep to yourself.

Let me make a start.

My name is Barbara and I am from Germany. I joined Queenzone in early 2001 before the big crash of the forum in July 2001. I hosted the 2nd edition of the Queenzone mp3 server and since then I have been a passionate Queen collector with emphasis on Queen videos and I try to share as much as possible with as many Queen fans as possible. I am the current founder of the QZ chat room and a hub operator. Since 2002 I have been helping Richard with some admin tasks like uploading pictures, validating Freddie tributes, answering emails, writing FAQ articles and quizzes. I am a member of other forums and Queen websites but QZ is my main "internet home"

Apart from Queen I am an addicted reader, I collect first edition books, old cameras, silver coins and I am a human rights and peace activist in various organisations.

I do not want any google ads here.

Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to introduce myself, but you know Barbara... i have some reasons of why i can't :(

You know me, a little, but you know me, and some people here know me too.

But i'm a Queenzoner since 1999, and Queen fan since 1991.

Life Is A Bitch...

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My name is Pieter and I have been posting on Queenzone since around 1997. I met my wife, Erin, through Queenzone. I used to be a admin at Queenzone but caused one of the biggest arguments in QZ history by banning somebody. I now run queenarchives.com and queentraders.com with Erin.

I am orginally from Scotland but now live in South Carolina in the US.

Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Guys
My name is Aisha i've been a member off this board for a few years now have been a queen fan since '86. I live in Ireland and love to Paint write music and collect all things Queen...If anyone's around London on Friday Il be there on work and will be popping by Freddie's House to say hello so i might see you there. xx aisha xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello fellow fans. My name is Donnie. I've been a Queen fan since I was a young lad and I've been around here since late 2003. My goal really is to be as invisible as possible while still making people laugh and wonder, and occasionally sharing my knowledge.

I dislike all other people for the most part, but within the text-based world of venues such as QZ I sometimes pretend to enjoy others' company while maintaining a safe distance.

I ask that you all leave me alone whilst simultaneously enjoying my words of wisdom whenever possible.

I brush my teeth every day but I don't floss. Instead I scrape assorted residues off with toothpicks and stiff paper.

And I live in the United States.

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello all!
I'm Maggie, and fairly new to the QZ family, I became a member in about May of 2005, but I've been a Queen fan since the first time I heard Princes of the Universe on the old Highlander TV show around 1996. I have a blog here, which I update when I can, but other than that I'm not too big of a regular poster on the threads. I'm usually in the Personal threads if I'm posting anywhere, and usually about fairly intellectual stuff.
I'm a graduate student and graduate assistant at CMU (a university in Michigan, USA) studying history. It's not what I thought it would be, but it's a free Masters Degree, so I have to stick with it. I've met some very good friends through QZ (some I've even met in person, and am going to meet another one in person over spring break). Most of us here are pretty cool, if I do say so myself. I know the group I tend to chat with the most loves to debate things, so if you are up for some mental acrobatics, look for us!
The friends I've met here are introducing me more to the older stuff of Queen's, which I'm forever in their debt for, since I started out fairly limited to the stuff on the Greatest Hits Platinum Edition three disc set. I've also got a friend from here teaching me music theory when we've got the time, and that's helping also to cultivate not only a new appreciation of Queen, but a new appreciation of music in general.
K...that's enough!

Formerly MHG
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am Janet (obviously! ;-)). I live in Ohio in the USA. I have been a member of Queenzone since 1997 and became a fan of the band in 1975 after hearing Killer Queen played at a school dance. I am a modest collector of Queen as well and enjoy everything from dvds and cds to fan club mags, books, posters, t shirts, etc. I also collect anything to do with fairies. Figurines, books, paintings and the like. I enjoy reading, music, bellydance and working out. I love animals and have several pets. I have been married to Dan for 22 years (he posts here once in a blue moon) and have a 19 year old son, Chris.

:-)

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Drummer imense! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Drummer imense!
Bohemian: 267 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, i'm Mark and i'm from weston-super-mare in england :)

I joined this forum in 2005 i beleive, so i aint been around here long, i have liked queen all my life, as thats the music i was brought up with, I pop up from time to time when i have something so say :)
My favorite songs are- Let me entertain you, sweet lady and get down make love at the moment. My other favorite band is Pink Floyd, but lets no go into that lol.

I am a drummer (hence the name) in 2 bands currently. I also can act sing and dance which is my passion. I also write comedy sketches and love all things funny :)
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm not a river or a giant bird, that soars to the sea, an if i'm never tied to anything i'll never be free!
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My name is Melissa and I've been on QZ since July of 2003. I am 31, married, and have two children. I am a social worker in an elementary school which proves to be interesting day after day. I live near Cincinnati, Ohio in the United States. I became a Queen fan after seeing Live at Wembley on a free concert channel. I did a search on Queen and QZ was the first hit and here I am! I visit QZ at least once a day unless I'm super busy and even then I usually make QZ time.

:)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello all. My name is Jim and I reside in Dallas, Texas. I have been posting in one form or another for about four years here on Queenzone, although not actively posting until the last couple of years, mainly reading.

I am a professional musician and have my free time during the day, so I mix in sleeping and the internet. I’ve played nearly every style, but tend to run whenever Country music rears it’s head. If you happened to watch this past weekend’s Colts/Cowboys game, you saw my band behind Jerry Jones on CBS after the game. Players, you can check further details on my personal website (not a myspace account!) www.hypressure.com and let me know yours.

I think this is a good forum, primarily for all the stuff I’ve learned about this band called Queen. Some pretty smart folks on here... But if you post stupid @#$!, I’m not afraid to tell you, as I hope you’ll do for me. I can take it… and so will you.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My name is Jake. I used to be a regular member until I was banned. So I took a few years off and became a new member and I've matured and become an adult during those few years off, and I don't post rediculous topics, fight, or spam anyone or any forums any longer. I'm from New Hampshire.

I collect a lot of Queen albums, (studio/compiled/live), and Queen singles (Vinyl, Cassette, CD). Same as the solo albums and singles. I became a Queen fan in 1996, but I remember as child, hearing "Keep Yourself Alive" on the radio, and I enjoyed it but hadn't a clue about music.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Killer Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com
Oooft! xD
Killer Queenie
Royalty: 1807 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My name is Jenna, I'm 14 and I live in England. I joined originally in October 2005 but I lost the web address and my account information and I later rejoined in about June this year. My originally screen name was *brianmay4eva* but I changed it to what it is now, but I'm concidering changing it again but I dunno what to yet!
Anyways... I started listening to Queen when I was about six, but i didn't know about the band. I found out about them in about April 2005 and I have been hooked ever since.
Anyways, welcome all new members and enjoy yourselves here xxx
Jenna xxx

Nothing matters when knowing nothing matters;;

It's just life so keep dancing through;;
I♥The80's user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1916 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hellooooooooooooooooo all!
I'm Tamara, 18, from California :D
I joined QZ in....wait...I forgot :S.....I think it was February... O_o
Anyways, I became a Queen fan at the beginning of this year (I've been missing out so much ;_;).
Seeing as Thanksgiving is coming up, I'd like to say that I'm thankful for discovering the greatest band ever and for this wonderful site! I've made befriended some of the nicest people I've met thanks to QZ. :D

I is Tamara. ;)

>_> I'll stop changing my name now....

MSN address: lil_ruski_violinist@hotmail.com
Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm Kat. i've been here since April/May-ish. from america, though i dont like it here... >.< i'm 15...and...no one here talks to me. xD it's true. no one ever converses with me. *shrug*

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this thread is a great idea.

I'm one of the many Jessicas here on queenzone. However, I prefer not to be cluttered into one group like that, so feel free to refrence me as KillerQueen840...I've been a member since Friday, July 2, 2004. I used to be addicted to this place and one of the more annoying kiddies, but I've grown up and don't post much anymore. I've honsetly lost most of my interest here, but every now and then there's some neat topics like this one. I'm from New England (go Patriots!) and love it here. I've been a Queen fan probably all of my life. My mum has a good collection of music and I used to love to listen to Radio Ga Ga when I was a tot. I didn't become obsessed with them until about five years ago. I love to read. I'm a big Stephen King fan and have read quite a few of his books, although there are a lot more of his I have left to read, including his latest one. Recently I've taken up a pretty big interest in criminal psychology and am busying myself with reading many books on the topic. I love psychology. I love nintendo. I love Alice Cooper. I love photography (I took the picture of the moon in my profile, I've got some much better nature pictures though). I love motorcycles, spicy food, cooking, coffee, werewolves, nature, and much more. I also love to write. As a matter of fact, once I start free writing such as in instances like this...I tend to ramble just as I'm doing now. So, I think I'll spare you all and cut it short here.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey friends, My name is Sammy, 18 Years Old and currently a CYW in training. Been a Queen fan since my youth(Good old vinyls)

Daniel vZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm Daniel, I'm from The Netherlands.
I've been a fan since '90/'91 and here on QZ for a few years.

"If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die".

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bon Jour/ Bon Soir (depending on when you're reading this) To everyone.

Samantha's the name, classic rocks my game.
Today's my 17th birthday and i'm a huge Queen fan since about 4 years ago.
Although I had liked many of their songs from my youth when my parents would listen to the radio.
I live in central New York and am a full time student in my final year of high school. (THANK GOD) I'm also a cashier at my local grocer.

I joined QZ at the end of 2005 (i believe) and haven't been around much because of all the drama keeping me disinterested.

I'm a collector of CD's, DVD's, Vinyls and 45's. As well as other QUEEN memorabilia. My second favorite group is the Beatles.
The only current music I like is Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead. Although
Outside of that, I'm stuck in 1979 and earlier. (Which I love)

Love the Marx Bros and Monty Python. As well as black and white movies. Love the Turner classic movies. And I've always opted for the History channel over MTV.
I'm absolutely excited for university next year and am addicted to learning, traveling, foriegn language, reading and music.
My fingers when not glued to a book or keyboard are glued to my piano.
I also enjoy singing and writing.

Those are the basics. Rock on my fellow Queen fans, and I hope you can welcome me into the family to become as knowledgeable as the original fans who roam this board. Thanks for your time ya'll!

ROCK ON \m/

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is so cheesy xD

Well...The names is Anna......You can call me Annabella....But I'd rather you not ;D....Unless of course you want an e-slap accross the cheek ;D...

BUT THAT IS BESIDE THE POINT!

*ehem*

14 years of age....I am an obsessive mayniac.....over Queen..........and Pink Floyd and Alice Cooper and The Scorpions.........occassionally........And yah..........................w00t! :D.......I was born in Russia, originally...But, I currently reside in Flordia (U.S) with my two babies (which do NOT bite....usually...But have to be walked 3 times a day ;_;)...:D
I can play the drums, piano and a little guitar...I'm a freshman in high school.....and that's pretty much it.

=D Good day

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 06, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, I think I'll do this.
My name is Cookies. Do not call me Raleigh.
I am twelve, yes, only i chooz not 2 typ like dis cuz i evintully gotta go into da reel world. Next tuesday the 28th I will be 13 and unlucky. I play the piano and the violin. I can sing, but I don't.
I currently am obsessed with Edgar Allan Poe.
My most recent obsessions:
Queen (And I'm still possessed)
The Godfather
The Exorcist
and Freddie and Roger romances. O_o Lady Mercury and the egg story you!!! xD
I am not the most healthy person you will ever meet. I could do with a chocolate mousse and a fine Italian Dinner.
I love Freddie Mercury and Marlon Brando.
And I am not a Nazi.
Though I am German.

Back whenever