Forums > Personal > man from manhattan

forum rss feed
Author

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can someone give me the lowdown on this song? its on the ghost of a smile LP but it didnt doesnt sound like Tim Staffels voice or anything...

can someone fill me in?

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingarthur wrote:

can someone give me the lowdown on this song? its on the ghost of a smile LP but it didnt doesnt sound like Tim Staffels voice or anything...

can someone fill me in?

i would like ot help you but the thing is there are to many know it alls who know the truth over everything any one says.... its quite common on this site.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not Smile. It's a collaboration between Eddie Howell, Brian and Freddie. The song was recorded in 1976. Eddie Howell sings the lead, Freddie plays the piano, Brian the electric guitar and they both do backing vocals on this record. The song was written by Eddie Howell himself.

For more information, buy the Freddie Solo Collection.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The mans name is Eddie Howell.. and its Freddie and Brian helping him out.. not sure if Roger had anything to do with it or not his name isn't listed on the actual CD..if you can get the whole thing.. kinda rare..

and mircal.. I know you were making a comment about me.. dude.. get over it.. if you know the correct answer then post it.. but if you don't know it.. then don't try to sell it as the fact..

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just Brian and Freddie.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a 3-track CD from "ZOK records" got back in the mid-90s.

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hallowed Ground is another song by Eddie Howell.. I have the single of the track Man from Manhattan somewhere.

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Megamike The GREAT wrote:

The mans name is Eddie Howell.. and its Freddie and Brian helping him out.. not sure if Roger had anything to do with it or not his name isn't listed on the actual CD..if you can get the whole thing.. kinda rare..

and mircal.. I know you were making a comment about me.. dude.. get over it.. if you know the correct answer then post it.. but if you don't know it.. then don't try to sell it as the fact..

Hey Mega Mic,

Suck my fat cock!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 06, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

had the 7" 45 of this some time ago...( i sold my collection a long time ago)

in the days when 45s were the thing to have...used to have the UK lurex, ssor and kya as well as bo rhap, stl in pic sleeves and some other inetresting things...
anyhow the howell single...was also produced by freddie i think...and didn't it have a b-side that was just another version of the A side?

it was no great track....just a curio for queen collectors...
there were much better tracks around at the time...like Ian Hunter's You Nearly Did Me In (again with freddie on)

go deo na hÉireann
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 06, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love this track! To me, it's basically another Queen song, as there are Freddie and Brian fingerprints all over it. One of my favourite Brian guitar orchestrations for sure.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 06, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

kingarthur wrote:

can someone fill me in?

i would like ot help you but the thing is there are to many know it alls who know the truth over everything any one says.... its quite common on this site.

If you are a stupid moron who doesn't know the answer, don't pretend to be intelligent and accuse QZ of being the source of your "I'm-not-telling-you", that makes you look even more like a little kid.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Posted: 01 Dec 06, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

mircal wrote:

kingarthur wrote:

can someone fill me in?

If you are a stupid moron who doesn't know the answer, don't pretend to be intelligent and accuse QZ of being the source of your "I'm-not-telling-you", that makes you look even more like a little kid.

Yes well thank you thomas for your thoughts, if i wanted to hear what some smart ass prick has to say i would of gone down the street and asked all the cocks head running around, but seing is you are just going about telling your thoughts, i figured i would have a listen. Well, you dont know me, you dont know what i know, i might of been standing up for some one else here, but seing is you know everything, i cant say that, coz after all, you are one of the arogant fools i was reffereing to when i replie, but then you knew i didnt like you from the start thats why you felt you had to made a point yeah.... figured as much, well, i have finshed my time here, back to my life, wich i am sure that you dont have one. later...

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 06, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus, how to make oneself look like an uneducated American pre-teen girl...

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 06, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Jesus, how to make oneself look like an uneducated American pre-teen girl...

My word, look what you've done! I've now had to agree with you twice in one year. I think that's a record.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Such a great song... I'm sure this came up somewhere in the forum, and I'll do my best to look it up, but what's with the "Back Again" version? I love that version as well and listen to them regularly. It would be great to note some anecdotes surrounding the production of these two songs. Thanks!

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...