Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > hot space and younger queen fans?

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We already know my generation of queen fans dislike of hot space, but my question is for the younger queen fans, what does the young queen fan think of this album?....when I say young, I mean teenage to early 20's. This album has grown on me over time, and is creeping it's way towards the middle of the pact. so, Younger queen fans, what do you think of hot space?

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I adore Dancer, Back Chat, Las Palabras, Cool Cat and Under Pressure.

Calling All girls,Put Out The Fire, Staying Power and Action This Day are better when played live, but don't work on the record imo.

Body Language is great as a joke track, not a song to take seriously.

Life is Real is utter crap.

Killed by drones.
Rik&Roll user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmm... life is real is the only song I like on that album. But I'm 40 years old...

Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm thirteen, and I love Hot Space! Yeah, it's definately not my favourite album, but I love the tracks. My least favourite song is probably Dancer. I hated it when I first saw it, but it grows on you, I guess :)
I don't really have any favourite songs for this album - they all fit for my different moods. But some of the ones I love, the ones that I could listen to all day, are Las Palabras De Amor and Life Is Real.

Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm 16 and Hot Space took a time to grow on me, although I liked under pressure and life is real from the start

but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
coxy1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im 17 and thought Hot Space was really good. As it was one of the first Queen albums i picked up. Love Dancer and Back Chat. Body Language, i know being a regulary hated song, took a while to grow on me.

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm 23 (maybe I'm too old)

I think Hot Space is getting better and better everytime. I think Cool Cat, Back Chat and Staying Power are the best songs.

Action this day and Put out the Fire are okay.

And of course Under Pressure are great!

...and I think I'm one of the few who actually like Body Language...?

But Hot Space is not one of Queens' best albums, but I listen to Hot Space more than for example A Kind of Magic.

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

personally i never thouht that there was a disco album..i just can't understand this statement..
the album is not as outstaning as others but still most of the songs sound interesting..one of the things that i like about queen is their variety! not to even mention the hot space live which is fantastic ;)

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was the last cd i bought out of all the studio albums as i'd hear everyone say it was rubbish but to me it seems pretty good its by no mean the best but its still a good album with some good songs for example put out the fire that would of been good if it was on news of the world and body language/action this day/staying power would of been good on the game.

Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage

Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hot Space is one of my favorite albums. The only song I don't like is life is real.

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE Hot Space....and I'm almost 15 xD

In fact...it might be one of my favorite Queen albums...

I think it's a very well put-together album....I mean, there are some flaws (Body Language *cough*) But, overall it is an excellent album. I've always wondered WHY people dislike it so much.

I mean..you have the beauty of Life Is Real...which happens to be my favorite song on the album....you have Dancer and Calling All Girls and Back Chat and Put Out The Fire and Under Pressure (*puke*)....songs that are fun and energetic. Others, like Las Palabras De Amor and Cool Cat are just heart-warming melodies. ^_^

As for liking the songs...I <3 ALL of them except for Body Language and Under Pressure.

Cool Cat, Back Chat, Dancer and Life Is Real are my personal favorites.

Excellent album.

For fuck's sake, people! Give it a chance ;_;

*stops rant*

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

Life is Real is utter crap.

Aww....I'm respecting your opinion and all, FK...but why? lol =P

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First Queen studio album CD I had, along with ADATR. I loved it from day one. I used to like Put out the Fire, Las Palabras de Amor and Under Pressure. Now I like Dancer, Body Language and Staying Power. I came across a friend of mine who LOVED Body Language and the whole Hot Space album. I mean, it's not like I showed him the album, he was a casual music listener (likes Led Zeppelin, Queen, U2 and other very different bands) and he told me that out of nowhere when he found out I was a Queen fan. He didn't say "Oh, BoRhap is great.. RockYou/Champions.. blah blah", he just came out of nowhere and told me Body Language kicked major ass! hehe :). From that moment on, I've enjoyed the track for what it is, a fun track with a raunchy and funky bassline. Pretty cool!

Wiley

s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

under pressure, cool cat, back chat, staying power ( live especially )and action this day are great songs
of course under pressure is the standout song
dancer is really weird, and body language is shit, but still highest queens chart entry in us in the 80´s rotflmao ( not counting aobtd )

She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's good... when you know that the following albums will be more 'rocky', but I wouldn't like to be a Queen fan in 1982 ;)

Bohemian MAY-niac/Deaconite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 327 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the album! The only song that I don't care for is "Body Language". I'm 18 going on 19 and I've been a Queen fan all of my life.

I love John Deacon and Brian May!!!
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have always had a soft spot for Hot Space - having it heard so many times growing up (my old cassette copy used to accompany me on holidays).

In terms of the songs, my favourites are (aside from the obvious Under Pressure):

Staying Power, Back Chat, Las Palabras De Amor & Dancer.

I don't have an strong like or dislike of Calling All Girls, Life Is Real or Action This Day.

As for the final 3 - Cool Cat, Put Out The Fire & Body Language, which are some of the worst tunes Queen ever released.

eedodededededea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's my favourite album along with ADATR and The Miracle.
When I listened to it for the first time i hated it. When I listened to it for the second time I thought:"Hmmm that's not that bad"
Now (2.5 years later) I love it
I like the 80's feeling and sound on it
Now I'm 18

I don't wanna be the prrrresident of America
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hot Space is one of those albums that NON Queen fans enjoy. Top 40 lovers, will love Hot Space. I love every song on the album.

People who hate the album are just Queen fans who don't know something good when they hear it. Queen were versatile. I'm glad they did the album... it's one of my favorites.

And I play the cassette in my truck and the album really gets the females dancing. I remember playing Body Language, blasting it, while going thru a McDonalds drivethru. It was funny.

But a lot of people who arn't hardcore Queen fans, will like it.

I'm a hardcore Queen fan.. but I like all kinds of music. I don't just like fairy tale rock, I like everything.

I guess the people who bought the single of Body Language, wern't Queen fans, as it was #11 on the charts. It seems everyone today hates it, unless they arn't a Queen fan.

My favorites
1. Dancer
2. Put Out The Fire
3. Under Pressure
4. Body Language
5. Calling All Girls

And I like the rest of the songs, but couldn't fit them all into my top 5. And I like Soul Brother as well.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 06, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hot Space is pretty dern awesome. I still don't have it yet!

The fact that it's one of their most underrated albums draws me in for some reason.

I'm so pissed I could spit.