Forums > Queen - General Discussion > So, no Queen release for Chrimbo this year I guess?

forum rss feed
Author

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 06, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Freddie stuff.. that was it eh? They wouldn't want to "flood the market" I guess.

These are sad times for me. My Queen collection is pretty much complete. I can't decide which item to buy again in a slightly different edition.

*sigh* I guess it's time to start on the non-Freddie solo crap. There's not much of it I care for, from what I've heard.

Nevermind.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then don't listen to it. See if we care. You may it seem like SUCH a chore....it's fucking music, not algebra.

on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 28 Nov 06, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love you with all my heart Mr. Guru :)

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Then don't listen to it. See if we care. You may it seem like SUCH a chore....it's fucking music, not algebra.

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 06, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Prepare for an exclusive download of unreleased live Queen footage to go with the download of that pointless Queen Vs Miami Project release in December.

And prepare to not be excited by the unreleased live Queen footage too...

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
james gaden 2072 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 06, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For a band that several small minded people claim died in 1991, why would there be a new product? The remaining members are working on a new album, so what you're bleating about I don't know.

My official Queen collection was pretty much complete years ago. I have all their studio albums, and they make up a small percentage of the hundreds of CD's I own. There are literally hundreds of fantastic acts who have made superb albums. Buy one of those.

JG

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 29 Nov 06, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lostprophets
Electric Six
Buckcherry
Primal Scream
The Feeling

All most recent albums. All excellent.

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 06, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Want A Freddie Action Figure....

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 06, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're spoiled.

Killed by drones.
on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 01 Dec 06, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can never go wrong with a selection from the Village People.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 06, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bubbles! wrote:

You can never go wrong with a selection from the Village People.

Depends on what your looking for. If aural torture is your thing, go for it.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Posted: 08 Dec 06, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

Prepare for an exclusive download of unreleased live Queen footage to go with the download of that pointless Queen Vs Miami Project release in December.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Just wanted to point out that the above has been confirmed in one of those emails that a lot of you have probably received from Queenonline.com. If you pre-order the download of this AOBTD you receive "free access to exclusive, never-been-seen-before footage of Queen live in Rio" (playing AOBTD).

Weirdly, the link contained within the email (http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.jsp?SearchField=CATEGORY&Search=queenvsthemiamiproject) makes no mention of this.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 08 Dec 06, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I watched the video for the 'vs. Miami Project' through brianmay.com awhile back and thought that this single version was quite good so I pre-ordered the actual single.

I recall there had been some sort of preview months ago.. some video showing the Miami Project playing a snippet of this at a press conference or something (?) and it sounded repetitive and ridiculous, but I'm glad I gave the video a listen. It's sped-up and funkified but fairly true to the original song, and of course.. 100 times better than the Wyclef Jean disaster.

Edit: Man, I just checked that email and ordered the 3-item bundle from recordstore.co.uk. That's a steal for about $24 U.S. delivered.. the CD single, 12 inch single and 7 inch single. Couldn't pass that up!

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 06, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sad Times??? They toured as recently as 7 months ago, are working with PR on a new album for next year, and Brian has already mentioned in a recent interview that a summer tour next year is a possibility, and it's not BM's style to drop a statment on us like that without it being Queen's intentions.

Not to mention that additonaly with the Q + PR project, Queen has spoiled us in recent years with DVD master re-productions of 'ANATO' and 'The Game', Live DVD and CD releases of 'On Fire at the Bowl', historical dvd projects such as 'The Making of ANATO', and not that I give a rat's ass, but they also were heavliy involved with the 'We Will Rock You' theatrical-Queen play.

Be Happy they have done anything at all. Plus, even though it's long delay is getting ridiculous at this point, at least there are plans and promises to release a Queen archive at some point.

Last but not least, if Queen's recent rumblings aren't enough, just stop for a minute to think about(and appreciate) what it was like before the modern internet, bittorrent and Queenzone, collaborating with fans to make bootlegs not only accessible, but free! 2 years ago I was pissing my pants to get a copy of the Houston '77 show they filmed, even though it was incomplete. Now not only do I have it, but a complete version is what I found.

In short, your gripe is 3 years late. Queen is alive and kicking in 2006!

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 09 Dec 06, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

Bohardy wrote:

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Just wanted to point out that the above has been confirmed in one of those emails that a lot of you have probably received from Queenonline.com. If you pre-order the download of this AOBTD you receive "free access to exclusive, never-been-seen-before footage of Queen live in Rio" (playing AOBTD).

Weirdly, the link contained within the email (http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.jsp?SearchField=CATEGORY&Search=queenvsthemiamiproject) makes no mention of this.

Why "not excited"?

I wasn't going to get access to this anyway, not being a user of itunes, but i was curious as to whether it was performance footage or not.

Posted: 09 Dec 06, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not exciting though, is it?

One unseen performance of a song we've heard Queen do a million times from a previously released and not particularly great concert certainly doesn't get me too salivatory.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 06, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yawn. I just want GVH3. But if it has Elton John on it, I'm simply going to 'borrow' someone elses.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 10 Dec 06, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Yawn. I just want GVH3. But if it has Elton John on it, I'm simply going to 'borrow' someone elses.

So you'll only have Elton if you can borrow him and not have to pay for him eh? Bastard!

Perhaps Elton would pay. Send him a pic.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 06, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great King Ratliff wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

So you'll only have Elton if you can borrow him and not have to pay for him eh? Bastard!

Perhaps Elton would pay. Send him a pic.

Of what? A nude Johnny Depp?

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus