forum rss feed
Author

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Dec 06, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to a music store today.... and I bought a CD edition of Sheer Heart Attack.... nice!

And the guy at the desk played Queen on the store's radio/speaker system for me (I didn't have to ask him!) ... the songs came off his iPod. And we talked about online downloading and the lack of CD singles bands put out today.

And when my girlfriend was looking for a Beach Boys cd, he played some Beach Boys.

He played more Queen though! Jealousy, Bicycle Race, If You Can't Beat Them, Let Me Entertain You... all from Jazz.

It seems like at all privately owned music stores, the type with only one or two employees, they KNOW their Queen. The guy was talking to me about Freddie Mercury's opera stuff with Monserratt.. and I told him I have a lot on vinyl. This guy was in his 20s and he knew so much about Queen, wouldn't be surprised if he goes on here.

He played like one Beach Boys song I think.

It was all cool.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.*.Messenger Of Leah.*. wrote:

I went to a music store today.... and I bought a CD edition of Sheer Heart Attack.... nice!

And the guy at the desk played Queen on the store's radio/speaker system for me (I didn't have to ask him!) ... the songs came off his iPod. And we talked about online downloading and the lack of CD singles bands put out today.

And when my girlfriend was looking for a Beach Boys cd, he played some Beach Boys.

He played more Queen though! Jealousy, Bicycle Race, If You Can't Beat Them, Let Me Entertain You... all from Jazz.

It seems like at all privately owned music stores, the type with only one or two employees, they KNOW their Queen. The guy was talking to me about Freddie Mercury's opera stuff with Monserratt.. and I told him I have a lot on vinyl. This guy was in his 20s and he knew so much about Queen, wouldn't be surprised if he goes on here.

He played like one Beach Boys song I think.

It was all cool.

That sounds like a lot of fun. As Freddie sings in Was It All Worth It, "Yes, it was a worthwhile experience."

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is that it? I suppose we should be grateful that you edited out your morning ablutions

skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

something like this happened to me yesterday, but it was at a furniture store. i came in and dragon attack was on, which is kind of odd for a furniture store, dont you think? but i figured out that maybe the manager liked oldies, bc thats all that played while i was there. it brightened my day.

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rah

I'm so pissed I could spit.
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i remember when i bought SHA at strawberries, and the guy at the register looked at the album and said, 'hm, something actually worth buying..' and then he put a discount on the album, and gave me a coupon for my next purchase xD

I'm so pissed I could spit.
danny1 34933 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, i have never had a negative experience while buying a Queen album, in fact when i went to buy the (live at the bowl) album i found 10 dollars near the store entrance and used it to buy the album, so you can say i got for half price.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 06, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skiqueen wrote:

something like this happened to me yesterday, but it was at a furniture store. i came in and dragon attack was on, which is kind of odd for a furniture store, dont you think?

....and you ended up being a "QUEEN Anne" headboard for your bed?

go deo na hÉireann
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 06, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a new borders just opened in my toen and they had three sections filled w/ queen AND GVH1 wich i couldn't find anywhere
until then

and we just got an fye too my town is shaping up

danny1 34933 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 06, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Years ago when i did not have Queens Jazz album, i went to the record store nearest my home in order to buy it. They did not have it, but the clerk at the counter was nice enough to order it for me from a another store of the same chain. It was sent to the store nearest my home in a few days.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 06, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skiqueen wrote:

something like this happened to me yesterday, but it was at a furniture store. i came in and dragon attack was on,

:)
that just made me spit out my Mountain Dew.