Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I just noticed something of increasingly alarming nature...

forum rss feed
Author

JacquesDaniels user not visiting Queenzone.com
JacquesDaniels
Bohemian: 123 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 06, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's going to be 2007 in less than a month. It's been 30 years since "News Of The World" was released. And more importantly, "We Will Rock You".

Now, take your guesses on how many remixes we will hear on the following year of our favourite football arena theme, to which people rather disturbingly are still eager to clap along to.

I'll go for: 42.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 06, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PLEASE!
Ain't a musical with the same name not enough torture??

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 06, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JacquesDaniels wrote:

I think Douglas Adams was too preoccupied with Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Paul Simon to have his '42' apply to Queen. I mean, I doubt the 'question to the ultimate answer to the question of life, the universe and everything' is "how many remixes of WWRY are needed to bring about the end of times?"

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 06, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JacquesDaniels wrote:

42????????????????? :O

Haha.

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 06, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After reading this thread, the theme music to 'The Twilight Zone' is playing in my head. What's the alarming, disturbing part of your message? That there are so many re-mixes or something??? The disturbing things about year 30 for NOTW is that A.) 'WWRY' and 'We are the Champs' are the only two major hits on the same album that contains 'Spread Your Wings', 'All Dead All Dead', 'Who Needs You', 'It's Late' and 'My Melancholy Blues'. B.) That Queen unfortunatley has mentioned no plans to update the 'NOTW' album, or any other album, after teasing us with the 'A Night At The Opera' DVD re-release.