Posted: 15 Dec 06, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great band.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to love Metallica.. I went and saw them 3 times in the past.. all before the black album.. but then Lars had to be a prick and sue Napster and stuff... (like that is gonna stop people) so I made a bold move.. I destroyed ALL my Cds.. including the $9.98 Garage Days Re-Revisited and mailed the broken pieces to their fan club with a note saying that I no longer need them, I have them all on MP3 and share it with all my friends.. oddly enough, I never got a letter back.

Personally I think they lost it after the Black Album.. and then when Jason left/kicked it was set in stone.. they suck now.

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 04:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only member of Metallica I've ever liked hasn't been with them for a LONG time.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Carrots Of The Piratebean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 213 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Mike. They went downhill after the Black album. St Anger is pretty poor to be honest....

I'm saying nothing.....
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen Metallica live twice and as Metallica themselves say they really know how to shove metal up your ass.

The 4 albums Ride The Lighting, Master Of Puppets, ...and Justice For All, and the Black Album are just classic metal masterpieces.
Sure, they went downhill afterwards when they approached a new musical direction. Like many Metallica fans I felt backstabbed when they released 'Load' and they went for a mainstream alternative/grunge edge. I was so pissed off because back then in 1996 I was completely fed up with grunge.

However, I have to say that 10 years after 'Load', I gave the album another chance and in all honesty it's pretty damn good. Back then I was going through an alternative bias phase and that's why I hated it, but if you put that aside you'll find that while not as good as their previous efforts, it's still a good album.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I own 3 of their cds, still really a "new" fan I guess. Kill 'Em All, Master & The Black Album are superb. Never bought the St Anger album after hearing mixed reviews of it, but Frantic & St Anger are great tunes!

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazing band, although Load 2 and St Anger were cack. Ive seen them 4 times, 1st time was the Freddie Tribute. Shook hands with all of them, Birmingham 1997.

Love them, always will...they are behind Queen, my 2nd fave band. I just wish theyed revert back to the older style.

Chom own mudder fukker.