Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Is this original FM Autograph or fake?

forum rss feed
Author

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Freddie-Mercury-Queen-SIGNED-MOUNTED-PHOTO-wow_W0QQitemZ270064579024QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

please let me know...

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

after seeing a copy of the Freddie Mercury Album (1992) "signed by Freddie"... I can expect ANYTHING haha!!

P.

Queen rocks!
Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Freddie-Mercury-Queen-SIGNED-MOUNTED-PHOTO-wow_W0QQitemZ270064579024QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

please let me know...

Fake...there are about 101 of these on ebay at the moment.

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:

after seeing a copy of the Freddie Mercury Album (1992) "signed by Freddie"... I can expect ANYTHING haha!!

P.
you're joking, right? SIGNED BY FREDDIE 1992??? WTF?!

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

one stupid (and IGNORANT) guy wanted to sell a copy of "The Freddie Mercury album" with a fake sign of Freddie... obviusly the album date, as we all know is 1992... poor devil... he made the fool in the whole world trying to sell that... EVEN BRIAN LAUGHT OF HIM!!

P.

Queen rocks!

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:

one stupid (and IGNORANT) guy wanted to sell a copy of "The Freddie Mercury album" with a fake sign of Freddie... obviusly the album date, as we all know is 1992... poor devil... he made the fool in the whole world trying to sell that... EVEN BRIAN LAUGHT OF HIM!!

P.
yes you reminded me now, that's right i wa s reading that on Brian's website...yes...whan a jerk this guy is!

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and even more stupid... because he bought it first xD hahahaha I`m sure... a person who knows to imitate Freddie´s sign so well (the sign was OK...) HAVE to know when he dies... know what I mean?...

Queen rocks!

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:

and even more stupid... because he bought it first xD hahahaha I`m sure... a person who knows to imitate Freddie´s sign so well (the sign was OK...) HAVE to know when he dies... know what I mean?...
yeah..by the way you can get Freddie's handwriting autograph in ai[adobe illustrator] and vector format anyway so you can print it ... :)

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

even if It was real... I wouldn´t like to have an autograph that wasn´t made specially for me...

By the way... Brian HATE people who only get near to him to ask an autograph or takes pictures... he say that he prefers fans who look to his eyes... shake hands... and even have a chat... instead of "looking at damn pieces of paper all the time"... literally.

I understand him... if I could met Brian... I don´t gonna ask him a sign and run without saying nothing... is PATHETIC...

Nice chat man.

P.

Queen rocks!

Posted: 16 Dec 06, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:

even if It was real... I wouldn´t like to have an autograph that wasn´t made specially for me...

By the way... Brian HATE people who only get near to him to ask an autograph or takes pictures... he say that he prefers fans who look to his eyes... shake hands... and even have a chat... instead of "looking at damn pieces of paper all the time"... literally.

I understand him... if I could met Brian... I don´t gonna ask him a sign and run without saying nothing... is PATHETIC...

Nice chat man.

P.
yeah its all ok...but you wouldnt like to have Bri's autograph? come one! Everyone wants that!

At least fans!

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 06, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just to add that if you read the auction it says its a reproduced autograph.. so yeah.. its fake..lol.. I mean it may be his actual signature.. but scanned or copied of sorts..

yeah.. that FM album signed was a hoot.. Brian had a good laugh about it..

Brian is a good humored man.. Someone once was selling an Air guitar signed by Brian May in Invisable ink.. and all Brian had to say was not to cry to him when it went out of tune.. lol

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 06, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a preprinted fake.

Yeah, it's nice if Brian prefers fans who want to shake hands or have a chat BUT!!! I've met Brian like four times so far and almost always there were like 20 female fans around him. Impossible to shake hands, even more impossible to have a short chat. 1 obtained signature was the maximum that could be achieved.

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 06, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does that mean the autograph I have on GH 3 isn't authentic? ;-)

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 06, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd rather have a 30 seconds chat with any of the people I admire than getting an autograph with my name writtten on it a thousand times.

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 06, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marcos Napier wrote:

I'd rather have a 30 seconds chat with any of the people I admire than getting an autograph with my name writtten on it a thousand times.

Yes - but usually you don't have any choice.

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

please let me know...

i would say a very bad fake. and it's much too cheap for an original. but you can check it here:
http://www.queenautographs.com/

you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodco wrote:

does that mean the autograph I have on GH 3 isn't authentic? ;-)

LOL i don't know, well I hope the autograph I have of his on my Made In Heaven album was real ;)

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sadly, there have been unscrupulous individuals who have tried to sell Queen MIH covers with Freddie's autograph (and succeeded on occasion)

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

omg really? lol how dumb can you get?! XD

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed a very bad fake.

About Brian: it is true that nowadays it is very hard to meet either him or Roger.
I find it remarkable, as a couple of years ago it was still fairly easy to meet them.

Brian for instance was much more easy to reach until mid 90's. During AW-tour he started more and more leaving fans, while especially on the BTTL tour he was very very willing to meet people.

I met him a couple of times and he always took time to sign multiple items and to have chats. First time I met him, he stayed for about half an hour (!) with us before entering the hotel and going to bed.