Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Mother Love

forum rss feed
Author

havinagoodtime user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 06, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At the end of Mother Love, Freddie sings something, what song is it from?

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

havinagoodtime wrote:

At the end of Mother Love, Freddie sings something, what song is it from?

"going back" which you can here the full song on LOLSOS if you get a chance to grab it.

Madman007 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's also the intro to 'One Vision', singing between Freddie and the audience from Wembley, I think, a bit of 'Tie Your Mother Down' and a baby crying (Which I think kinda makes the song end on a silly note, it takes some of the seriousness out of it. I would've liked to hear the song end with the "I still love you..." from TATDOOL. Freddie's last words spoken on video on Freddie's last recorded song, would've been nice.)

"The bigger the better... in everything" - Freddie

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Madman007 wrote:

There's also the intro to 'One Vision', singing between Freddie and the audience from Wembley, I think, a bit of 'Tie Your Mother Down' and a baby crying (Which I think kinda makes the song end on a silly note, it takes some of the seriousness out of it. I would've liked to hear the song end with the "I still love you..." from TATDOOL. Freddie's last words spoken on video on Freddie's last recorded song, would've been nice.)

I actually think mother love is about being smothered by a love only a mother can give,and in freddies case thats all he wanted in the end,when you are young, say a child and scared you can always run to back to mother and at the end of the song it goes back from freddie singing at the time of mother love, then to one vision then to "going back" and then to a baby representing birth or life some degree, thats my take as to why there was the baby's voice

Wet Willie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Itr's also a sort of 'career' retrospective. Starts with One Vision (last tour) and ends with Going back (first release)

with fish and bacon, please
maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

god these posts do my fucking head isnt this place meant to be for fans of Queen? - if there are Queen fans out there who dont know that Mother Love was the last vocal recorded blah-blah-fucking-blah or it incorporates Going Back & that was originally done by Dusty Springfield in 1966 or has snippets of One Vision or the vocal improvisation from Wembley 1986 where the fuck have people been since 1995? - if people are under 11 i apologise but do some research listen to the records -end of sermon

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree with maxpower - its like people asking whats 2+2. do a bit of basic research, unless ye're totally tone deaf?

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maxpower wrote:

god these posts do my fucking head isnt this place meant to be for fans of Queen? - if there are Queen fans out there who dont know that Mother Love was the last vocal recorded blah-blah-fucking-blah or it incorporates Going Back & that was originally done by Dusty Springfield in 1966 or has snippets of One Vision or the vocal improvisation from Wembley 1986 where the fuck have people been since 1995? - if people are under 11 i apologise but do some research listen to the records -end of sermon

Oh, some of us just aren't as smart and savvy as you are. Forgive us for living. Oh, p l e a s e, grace us with your wisdom, and why not throw in a swear word or two. Freddie, Brian, Roger, John were not rude. Other celebs even said, "They are so NICE!" I think it was Queen that had a song something like I Want It All, and I want it NOW! Research - baloney! If you know something about the subject, tell us, or give us a link, please.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maxpower wrote:

if people are under 11 i apologise

It's the internet, dude. Everybody can read it.

Perhaps you should research "Anger Management" and how to deal with it when things aren't exactly your cup of tea. Your first few words are utter jibberish, and those 'kinds of posts' hurt my head.

maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YAWN - its not rocket science, you read, listen & learn there's no great secret. An idea for the next thread.... "What was Queens first uk number 1 single... cos I can't be bothered to think for myself"

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Certainly, go ahead and make your thread. It will be responded to and hopefully no one will lash out at you.

Was it "Keep Yourself Alive"?

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maxpower wrote:

Lol, you write thatkind of rude post and you even here wrote wrong, actually A Winters Tale last part was recorded two weaks before Freddies death so this song was his last vocals NOT Mother Love.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maxpower wrote:

You must be under the age of 11, because you type even worse than my doorbell.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Certainly, go ahead and make your thread. It will be responded to and hopefully no one will lash out at you.

Was it "Keep Yourself Alive"?

No it was Bohemian Rhapsody

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're giving your doorbell an awful lot of credit, Rick.

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maxpower wrote:

Hey. Fuk wit, go and contradict your self some where esle.... Is this a place for Queen fans?? Ofcouse you moron,,,, is it a place for jerks off??? well looks like it cos your here. I cant believe how fuking negative you are coz you know all the answers and some less educated queen fan as to put up with your shit when ever they wanna ask a question. Any body here under 11, dont grow up to be like this bogan...

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 06, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

You're giving your doorbell an awful lot of credit, Rick.

LMAO. :D :D :D

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Going Back wrote:

maxpower wrote:

Lol, you write thatkind of rude post and you even here wrote wrong, actually A Winters Tale last part was recorded two weaks before Freddies death so this song was his last vocals NOT Mother Love.

Dave Richards says they overlapped. You don't have a clue.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hah I didn't finish writing.

You don't have a clue.... I sort of mean, we're not really sure which was last.

It appears that Mother Love was the last whole song he worked on (and the last one he recorded with Brian) but it appears he came back to London and did the ending of A Winter's Tale.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Hah I didn't finish writing.

You don't have a clue.... I sort of mean, we're not really sure which was last.

It appears that Mother Love was the last whole song he worked on (and the last one he recorded with Brian) but it appears he came back to London and did the ending of A Winter's Tale.

yeah, thahts correct, but to say that mother love was last vocals freddie recorded is probabelly wrong :)