Author

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VskbxuehP3I

There's Queen footage around 3:03

I see it contains a few clips of U2 members being filmed at other bands' gigs...maybe one of the U2 peeps woz at Queen's Rainbow gig. :)

Killed by drones.
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really like that song! :D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, Bubu!

If you look carefully, there are lots of bootleg videos of the first performance of this song, live in Japan.

There's also a 10-min-long video from a TV show, with a "semi-live" performance of both Vertigo and Window in the Sky. :)

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wanted to buy this song from Itunes, but Bono and his greedy buddy Steve Jobs say I have to buy the entire U218 album in order to get the 3 new songs on it.

FUCK EM'! I can't believe these douchebags have the nerve to ask for charity help towards Africa while ripping off the fans.
I do believe that fans should support their artists by legally paying for their work, however it makes me sick when they want to cash in on the popularity of the band and make them pay for the same stuff twice.

Can someone send me an mp3 of this song as well as 'Smile', and 'The Saints Are Coming'?

my e-mail is: dan_aldana@yahoo.com

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bobo the chimp user is on Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green> M@tt wrote:

U2 sucks

(Bono is hunched over his keyboard)

(Bono looks up http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=931386_

BONO: This guy sucks!

---

Actually, I agree with you - I really don't like U2 at all - but surely you can muster up more than a 2 word critique! Isn't that what you would want for your music? :P

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

..... I just watched the video, I'll concede I like the song a fair bit more than their last bloody album... which gave me the shits on every level.

Did anyone else notice that almost everyone featured in that video (except Keith Moon) was a better singer than Bono??

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

..... I just watched the video, I'll concede I like the song a fair bit more than their last bloody album... which gave me the shits on every level.

Did anyone else notice that almost everyone featured in that video (except Keith Moon) was a better singer than Bono??

Clearly you've never heard Moonie's attempt at 'Barbara Ann'...

...or maybe you have.... diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

I actually really dig that bit!

I suppose in technical terms one can't call it good singing, but naah - I love that part of the film, I wish they'd left 'Since I Saw Her Standing There' in as well.

Posted: 21 Dec 06, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

I actually really dig that bit!

I suppose in technical terms one can't call it good singing, but naah - I love that part of the film, I wish they'd left 'Since I Saw Her Standing There' in as well.

Ooh, yeah, I forgot that was in TKAA... it was also a bonus track on the album A Quick One. He sang lead on that and Bucket T... and apparently also lead on Armenia City In The Sky and Jaguar. And we can't forget Bell Boy!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know how I feel!

(Geeze it hurt watching Billy Idol do that part! I'd rather they invest in reanimation - or at least, just play a recording of Keith).

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

You know how I feel!

(Geeze it hurt watching Billy Idol do that part! I'd rather they invest in reanimation - or at least, just play a recording of Keith).

I like when Billy pushes Roger, and you can tell he was none too happy about it and wanted to kick the shit out of Billy right on stage, but he waited for his revenge at the end of the song when he delivers a swift (most likely scripted) kick to the rear, sending Billy and his bags a-tumblin'...

bobo the chimp

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahah, I liked what Roger Daltrey said about Gary Glitter when he found out he was a pedo.

The Fairy King

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG i love u peeps but what a bunch of retard replies. This topic wasn't about whether you hate U2 or not. You have said so on several occassions. I just wanted to point out that Queen's included in their new video.

Killed by drones.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Boo frickety hoo, so you didn't get exactly 160 replies all saying 'nicely spotted'. Life does not have a script, you can't cry 'retard' when people don't say what you want them to.

I actually liked the video somewhat, and I did concede that it was better than the usual dreck.... ain't that enough?

Nicely spotted though.

The Fairy King

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Boo frickety hoo, so you didn't get exactly 160 replies all saying 'nicely spotted'. Life does not have a script, you can't cry 'retard' when people don't say what you want them to.

I actually liked the video somewhat, and I did concede that it was better than the usual dreck.... ain't that enough?

Nicely spotted though.

Bra - fucking - Vo!
Thanks for the very clever reply.
The first part of your reply was very unnecessary, the second part was on topic.
Thanks for that.
At least YOU got the concept of a forum. xD

Killed by drones.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(Doff of cap)

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The song's not bad, but the video is incredibly well done.

Robert Plant once and John Bonham twice... awesome!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 06, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

getting back to the original question...NOT a chance in helll

they were all (at eldest) early teens back in 74...living in dublin...and there's just no way...in fact i would venture to say they never saw queen live until the 80s...when they were a band themsleves and in britian

go deo na h√Čireann
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 06, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I wanted to buy this song from Itunes, but Bono and his greedy buddy Steve Jobs say I have to buy the entire U218 album in order to get the 3 new songs on it.

FUCK EM'! I can't believe these douchebags have the nerve to ask for charity help towards Africa while ripping off the fans.
I do believe that fans should support their artists by legally paying for their work, however it makes me sick when they want to cash in on the popularity of the band and make them pay for the same stuff twice.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate both U2 AND Apple Computer...BUT, to give them the benefit of the doubt: if I were an artist, I would want consumers to buy the entire album instead of just a select few songs. This is because I would view my album as a complete work, and having a person just download the most popular song(s) off of it would give them a very superficial view of the entire product that I want you to hear. It's like I painted a painting with a variety of colors that each were significant to the work, and people just wanted to buy it in black and white because it's cheaper that way.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 06, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VskbxuehP3I

There's Queen footage around 3:03

I see it contains a few clips of U2 members being filmed at other bands' gigs...maybe one of the U2 peeps woz at Queen's Rainbow gig. :)

I hate it when people say words like "woz." It makes me want to batter them. :D

Anyway, it's almost offensive that Queen got such a minimal showing in that video.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.