Forums > Queen - General Discussion > About Johnny Deep in the role of FREDDIE.

forum rss feed
Author

meat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i hope really hope that johny will play Mercury..still this photo is rather a creepy one in my opinion ;))))

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MrFart wrote:

that looks more like Hitler

Are you drinking, thats does not look like Hitler at all.

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats the keyboard player from sparks lol

mr bad guy 5656 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it think he/she meant Stalin, not Hitler.

mr bad guy 5656 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think of course :-)

unknown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 400 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Bad Guy wrote:

LOL you're so right! - but like a very young and slim Stalin xD

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i really dont think johnny depp doesnt look like freddie at all and i dont think he could pull it off. he made a character actor but he play freddie please!like freddie would ever think of him playing him. he probably would say edward scirrors hands playing me "bloody hell" i think the guy who should play him should be british so there is a orignal london accent there. sorry brian i dont agree with you on this one. i like johnny depp but to have him play freddie i just dont think so. he was perfect and willy wonka and the character of the john waters movies but not freddie. thats my piece. have a happy xmas people

shannon sweet
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, because while Johnny is a decent actor.. he's in *everything* and unlike Meryl Streep, I don't think he can disappear into a role and have the audience forget it's him anymore.. too much exposure.

So my vote goes to Meryl Streep. She's a little old but I think she could pull it off, and she could do her own singing.

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

While, sceptical i think JD would do a fantastic job...the audience may not get over the Johnny depp thing, but he CAN DEFFINETLY loose himself in a role and play anything.

Honestly Johhny Depp is one of, if not THE most talented actor in the biz today.

and no i am not just one of the "jack sparrow" fan boys, i have been a fan of Depp since 21 jump street.

Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=B22222>daria wrote:

Mr Bad Guy wrote:

Stalin once was young, slim and handsome. He was also a hitman, but let's leave that part out...

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

<b><font color=B22222>daria wrote:

Mr Bad Guy wrote:

Stalin once was young, slim and handsome. He was also a hitman, but let's leave that part out...

Everyone has been young and slim....

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I find interesting is that Brian has made a note of this on his website. He says:

----Christina Zinner asked about a news report in the Mail On Sunday, 17 December.... SEE LETTERS

"Yes, I saw this ...

The truth is ...

Discussions are at an early stage .... I don't know where this story came from, but I think someone in the media, as usual, has taken a punt ... of course these opportunists have little to lose ... who cares about truth these days? Certainly not the tabloid press.

But you're right about one thing ... Johnny Depp is fantastic. He would be a worthy counterpart for Freddie on screen. I don't think I can say any more right now.

love
Bri"

So, very interesting development, methinks. Doesn't really say anything about JD. But the idea of a Freddie biopic. Interesting. I wonder if they could make a 2 to 2 hours and 30 mins film treatment. Depends what they want to tell, I suppose. But something like Ray would be great.

Let's face it, though... No-one is gonna be happy with whoever gets the lead cause, as witnessed above, it's too close to their hearts.

Adam.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wembley86 wrote:

i really dont think johnny depp doesnt look like freddie at all...

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
ana user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think he is a great actor but perfoming freddie...i don't think it would be a good choice.by the way i think it's really hard.but if i had to suggest someone i would say the boy who played "Galileo" in WWRY (British version).and i agree HE SHOULD BE BRITISH.

miracle
bas asselbergs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They SHOULD go for the leadsinger of the amazing Queen coverband : "Dios salva a la reina" who performed at the convention this year...he is a clone of Freddie, same body, hair, muscles, moves, sounds, expression, eyes, everything...i can't imagine Depp comes closer to Freddie than this youngster....Brian John and Roger really should reconcider.....

lifelong loyal and dedicated Queenfan.
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 06, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wembley86 wrote:

i really dont think johnny depp doesnt look like freddie

I think he looks like freddie too

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Johnny Depp would be an excellent Freddie. Why? Because he will bring millions of people to the box office to pay respects to the frontman of my favorite band, and that's good enough for me. The end.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bas asselbergs wrote:

They SHOULD go for the leadsinger of the amazing Queen coverband : "Dios salva a la reina" who performed at the convention this year...he is a clone of Freddie, same body, hair, muscles, moves, sounds, expression, eyes, everything...i can't imagine Depp comes closer to Freddie than this youngster....Brian John and Roger really should reconcider.....

First of all, they want an actor, NOT a singer or Freddie double, you dummy! lol

Seriously though, the idea is that these things are an after-thought because they don't NEED an actor be able to sing or look like the person. Case-in-point being the other biopics that have used either original recordings with similar sounding people or otherwise.
Another great example would be Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. They got an actor who also had an amazing physique and tought him how to fight. They say in the documentary that you can't do it the other way round, i.e. you can't take a fighter and teach him/her how to act.

What's important is what they bring to the role and how they handle the character. Not how they look or sound. I can't think of a more frightening thing than seeing someone who may look and sound like Fred (fat chance), but then slaughters the acting part of it. That would be the real injustice.

Adam.

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 02:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, here's my take...

I think Johnny Depp is a great actor...I'm not a big fan of alot of his movies, save a few. However that being said, he's a very versatile actor who really could pull damn near anything short of playing scrabble with his teeth, and even then who knows?? Point being...I think that he would be a fine actor to pull it off, and if there's anyone who could do it, it would be him. This movie is going to be a long one if you think about it...I'm thinking in the tune of 3 hours or so...watch. Look at the movie The Doors that came out years ago...nobody thought Val Kilmer could do it, but when you watch that movie, it's very easy to see Jim Morrison being played by Val Kilmer, not Val Kilmer playing Jim Morrison. Give Johnny a chance...he may surprise all of us (myself included!!)

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!