Forums > Personal > giving xmas a miss?

forum rss feed
Author

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is anyone else giving the whole thing a miss this year or am i the only one being a grumpy unsocialable bastard?

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm having to do stuff, but my heart isn't in it. I'm only going thru the motions.

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im an old cynic now with it all.people who dont want to know you all year suddenly want your company so that THEY are not alone,you are obliged to buy expensive gifts so you dont look cheap even though you can barely afford to put a decent meal in your mouth.evryone is running around like headless chickens feeding the capitalist machine.
not for me thankyou,theres gonna be me,a bottle of jack daniels and plenty of sour grapes.
bah humbug!

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"giving xmas a miss?"

Nope... I'm so happy and dandy, weeeeeeeeeee. :)

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 23 Dec 06, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bah humbug

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gah... you should count yourself lucky on the 'all the people suddenly want to know you again' score. I'm not even getting THAT this year.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just going through the motions this year.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm really looking forward to this year's xmas bc of my kids. They are both now at the age where they get so excited and it brings me so much joy to watch them this time of year. I don't spend a lot on them through out the year on toys, it's just not necessary. They don't need all that shit. But at xmas, I try and make their wishes come true and they both appreciate it so much more for that I think.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, me too. I'm just going through the motions. At least last year I was too groggy recovering from surgery to remember much of Christmas.
At least I'll watch my university football team in the Motor City Bowl the day after Christmas! That's always fun :-)

Formerly MHG
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 06:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always try to ignore it. For me, it's just bad memories of family problems and family that's no longer alive.

But I've been less grumpy about it this year.. able to wish people Merry ones without really thinking about it. I used to try to rebel so much that I'd be a right bastard about the whole thing, but it takes too much energy to be a prick ;)

And not being a religious dude, it really means nothing to me but I'm glad some of you will experience some extra joy, peace, love, whatever.

Every year my mom gives me this guilt trip saying "It might be my last Christmas". Well this has been going on for years so finally this year I said "Well it might be your last opportunity to try out not having a Christmas then".

So I'm doing basically nothing.. except I believe she's gonna bring a plate of some extra special Xmas dinner. Blah. I'd rather have pizza ;)

*sigh*

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Gah... you should count yourself lucky on the 'all the people suddenly want to know you again' score. I'm not even getting THAT this year.

oh,trust me on this.its not for my benefit that they want my company again.
and if youve got people like that as well then you are better off without them.my friend.

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it has been interesting to read the various threads on Christmas. "What do you think you'll get?" and "It doesn't do anything for me (sic)."

What will make you feel better I think is not thinking of yourself all the time. Why not concentrate on other people and what you can do for them? What can you do to make another person have a nice Christmas? Pretend you don't exist and you are just on this earth to make others happy. Then how would you spend Christmas? How can to give to others when you are drunk and sitting alone?

Christmas is about giving, not about receiving. Once you figure that out, I think you might feel better.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Xmas will be totally different this year, and perhaps it won't be as good as the previous ones for me.

My mother is in Mexico with my sister and her husband. My sis will be giving birth around the 31st, so my mom is there to help her. Also my dad has to work on Xmas, and although we were invited over for Christmas eve dinner, he won't go because he has to wake up early.

I'll still try to enjoy this christmas to the fullest.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

Well, it has been interesting to read the various threads on Christmas. "What do you think you'll get?" and "It doesn't do anything for me (sic)."

What will make you feel better I think is not thinking of yourself all the time. Why not concentrate on other people and what you can do for them? What can you do to make another person have a nice Christmas? Pretend you don't exist and you are just on this earth to make others happy. Then how would you spend Christmas? How can to give to others when you are drunk and sitting alone?

Christmas is about giving, not about receiving. Once you figure that out, I think you might feel better.

Well... it didn't help that I spent Christmas Eve in a house by myself :P

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Donna13 wrote:

Well... it didn't help that I spent Christmas Eve in a house by myself :P

Well, we are all with you! So, Merry Christmas!

The above was just my lecture of the day. I don't have it all together. I still haven't done my shopping! Sometimes I do wait until the last minute - I need that adrenaline rush. I still have a few hours before the stores close. Everyone likes socks don't they? Ha.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not giving Christmas a miss, but my parents are giving "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" a miss... Goddamn. :P

-Things Have Changed For Me-
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 06, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Everyone likes socks don't they?"

LMAO!!!!!! xD

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 25 Dec 06, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

right,ok.
i was quite happy giving the whole thing a miss but this is what happened.....
i had found out at 00.10am gmt that i became a great-uncle so i had a jack daniel or ten to celebrate...i put the turkey in the oven at 10am for 1pm eating,that all went to plan and settled down in front of the tv[vh1 classic uk] for a queen afternoon when i got a phone call from my best friend and her boyfriend insisting that i joined them for xmas.has anyone seen vicar of dibley with the 3 xmas dinners? if so you know what happens next.well,anyway,time passes and my friends brother who was also there wanted to see the xmas dr who so we went back to his place.we watched it and ironicly.the vicar of dibley,we then partyied to past midnight to old punk songs and other great tracks.there was no arguments,no hassle and everyone had a great time.if claire n james read this,thankyou for dragging me out of the flat and thankyou ritchie for the great tunes.it was the BEST xmas of my life for the simple reason that there was no egos involved and we all enjoyed each others company.merry xmas everyone...love n hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 06, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Wow! Didn't you have a great holiday! ;D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 25 Dec 06, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=660066>Dorian<h6>pssht wrote:

^ Wow! Didn't you have a great holiday! ;D

honestly,if someone had said to me 48hrs ago that that is how my xmas would of gone i would of called them a liar.i am still buzzing.