Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie 18' NECA figure

forum rss feed
Author

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 06, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mrjordy wrote:

Though I'm 25 years old, my mom still has the good sense to get me the occasional toy for Christmas. This year, it was the Freddie Mercury 18 inch tall figure from NECA. I was a little apprehensive as to the actual likeness of Freddie. Let me reassure anyone thinking of purchasing one that it couldn't possibly look anymore like him than it does. It's really quite amazing. Almost creepy. The detail is magnificent - down to Freddie's "5 o'clock shadow" that he always seemed to have around the jawline. This figure is much more detailed and true to form than the foot-tall, overpriced reproductions of his statue in Switzerland. This figure is, in two words, fucking badass.

As a side note, my Freddie/Queen collection will be on display in Tryon, North Carolina next month. The collection will include the figure, Freddie's tie from the "I Want It All" video shoot as well as a photographer's case I bought from Denis O'Regan (official Queen live photographer) which Freddie sat upon while Denis took a couple high-profile photos. You can see pictures of such at:

http://angelfire.com/musicals/wwryvegas>

LOL.... i got one too!!!!!!!
yeah!!!

xxxpwxxx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 06, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

haha...my mommy got me a Freddie action figure too...i LOVEEEE it 0=)

Baby you've been had......
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 06, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got one for my birthday and I noticed it was different from the one pictured on the box (in a good way). The one on the box has a more rounded head whereas the actual action figure has a more Freddie-shaped head.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 06, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I gots a Freddie for Christmas, too..! ^^

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 06, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also got a Freddie figure too. My friend laughed at me but knows how much I like Queen. Tryon, NC - where is that? I was born in Brevard and have since lived on the Outer Banks, Durham, Chapel Hill and Elizabeth City (hometown). Now live in Hampton, VA (Navy).

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
lera user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 06, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my parents don't want to buy me a freddie action figure :'(

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1787 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

since the 18" figure did so well, they are now releasing two 7" figures. see links:-

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/3251229/Freddie_Mercury_Leather_Clad_Freddie_7_Action_Figure/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/3251213/Freddie_Mercury_Magic_Tour_Freddie_7_Action_Figure/Product.html

I think the 7" figures will be easier to display, as the 18" is quite big.

Joyful the sound
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DAMN! I was watching the play.com 18inch figure because it was at £10 for the last few days. I was going to order this afternoon and couldn't because of a bad connection. Then I got home and thought I'd try again... The price had doubled! BUGGER. Well, I'd love to get one because it'd be a nice piece to have. But at that price, I could get something more useful.

If it does come back down in price, will someone please pass on a link?

Adam.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>A Word In Your Ear wrote:

since the 18" figure did so well, they are now releasing two 7" figures. see links:-

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/3251229/Freddie_Mercury_Leather_Clad_Freddie_7_Action_Figure/Product.html

Looks nothing like him... :/

-Things Have Changed For Me-
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>A Word In Your Ear wrote:

I think the 7" figures will be easier to display, as the 18" is quite big.

Agreed. I have the 18" but have yet to take it out of the box. I thought I'd return it, but thought too late (after 30 days). I'd love the 7" instead... it's a silent version, though, yes? No music?

EDIT - Silent version or not, I pre-ordered it anyway (from e-bay). Now I'll have two. One on display and one in the box. :-)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury