Forums > Queen - General Discussion > i am so nervous about the queen reputation

forum rss feed
Author

icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

one 'friend' just wrote me.he said hey did you see madonna's concert (from confessions on the dancefloor tour)? he said that was THE REAL CONCERT..he said it was called an event of the year or smth..he said campared to madonna's queen concerts are below zero..he said he had seen some wembley's footage and it was nothing impressive at all..only a full stadium..
i said if you want to see present's technology you should see robbie williams' concert..he said you must like drug-gay type singers..
i know he undertstands NOTHING and that i shouldn't bother but still i got SO nervous!!!

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when maddona was doing "favors" in the castings to get a role in a piece of shit movie... Queen was already the best live band on earth...

Period.

Queen rocks!
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have to realize also that between then and now, live performance technology has improved greatly.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Queenluv4Life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 216 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

icefire wrote:

one 'friend' just wrote me.he said hey did you see madonna's concert (from confessions on the dancefloor tour)? he said that was THE REAL CONCERT..he said it was called an event of the year or smth..he said campared to madonna's queen concerts are below zero..he said he had seen some wembley's footage and it was nothing impressive at all..only a full stadium..
i said if you want to see present's technology you should see robbie williams' concert..he said you must like drug-gay type singers..
i know he undertstands NOTHING and that i shouldn't bother but still i got SO nervous!!!

You actually believe your 'friend'?

i_luv_freddie 33987 user not visiting Queenzone.com
i_luv_freddie 33987
Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

omg whats wrong with this person.
saying that a MANDONNA concert was better then queen they must be dreaming or on drop one of the two...
if they believe that they've never heard the greatest band in the worlds best work.
becausei believe that wembley was one of there best concerts & for your friend too say it was below zero theres something bloody wrong with that

kimmi-kim
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my brother was saying that he didn't "get" Queen.
(Meaning he didn't get all of us who sit around here talking about them)

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

icefire wrote:

If your 'friend' is going to see Madonna then he must also like gay type singers. There isn't a bigger gay-type singer in the world than Madonna.

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I associate myself with what Elton John says about Madonna's Concerts.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LqcRD8S37Y

Cheers

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

I associate myself with what Elton John says about Madonna's Concerts.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LqcRD8S37Y

Cheers

HAHAHAHA... I remember that!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

icefire wrote:

Please. Madonna has a hundred people up on stage dancing with her. It was just Freddie with Queen, who'd dance, and John would doodle around as well. And Freddie wouldn't lip synch unless it was the rules (certain pop festivals).

If you need a hundred dancers to support your lip synching appearences, you're shit.

The biggest excuse pop stars today (particularly women) use, is that they can't dance and sing at the same time. Look at Freddie... he has much more energy than Madonna and Britney Spears... and remember he performed Bohemian Rhapsody doing ballat, going upside down and being thrown around.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For what it's worth, I went to see Madonna on the Confessions tour too and thought she was truly disappointing. Nevermind the technology, it was merely there to mask her shortcomings, she was inactive,often mimed (badly) and focussed way too heavily on plugging the latest album. She has no sense of humour or humility and when the concert ended I remember feeling even more regret that I'd never seen Queen with Freddie live, because you'd have got your money's worth and so much more from that event.
I could be wrong but it sounds like your friend hasn't got much concert-going experience yet, they may change their opinions when they've got something to compare to.

vonkeil user not visiting Queenzone.com
vonkeil
Bohemian: 241 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well - -
i went to see Madonna's live show last summer and i totally liked it!!!
Madonna's shows are more of an art installation than the typical kind of "rock concert" that Queen were/are doing.
Absolutely incomparable to Queen, without a shade of a doubt.
I cannot (and certainly would not) say or judge about which of these are actually "better" - it's a matter of taste anyway...

Guten Morgen, sie w√ľnschten geweckt zu werden.
eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you said your friend was a HE...

and he said that he like madonna concerts better than queen concerts...

sometimes, you just gotta ask yourself...

is my friend gay?

and you gotta ask your friend...

ARE YOU FRICKIN HOMO?

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="indigo"><b>friedchicken \m/ wrote:

you said your friend was a HE...

and he said that he like madonna concerts better than queen concerts...

sometimes, you just gotta ask yourself...

is my friend gay?

and you gotta ask your friend...

ARE YOU FRICKIN HOMO?

My Friend is gay

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my opinion is just like yours' all. i realize all that. further more i know that guy doesn't know a shit about music and still he acts so to be so sure about what he says. well i must calm down ;)

Hayek Eva user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hayek Eva
Bohemian: 137 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LeroyBrown11 yours opinion is ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!!!
It would deserve, to make a big banner from it, put somewhere in a place to see everyone!!!

Gratzi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What would have been the reaction (in the 80's) if Freddie would have entered the stage being nailed to a cross singing 'Let Me Entertain You" or who knows what else???

'Known for the hugeness of my gong' - Roger
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen was a rock-band that played LIVE. You can't compare that to Madonna or any other act of that kind. It are two totally different worlds. Madonna isn't about the music, it's purely entertainment.If people enjoy it, very good! It's not about the songs and the playing but just about the show, like I said.

Personally I'm entertained by the excitement a band playing live can create. I listen to queen(and some other bands too)bootlegs a lot and it's fantastic. It's all about personal taste and musical feeling a bit too, I guess. Most people only care for what sounds catchy and sometimes even not here whether it is performed well or not!!
I can't understand Queenfans make such a fuss about these things. enjot the things you like. The opinions of others aren't important. And I can assure you 1 thing:Queen were(and now with paul rodgers too)an amazing live band:-)

on my way up
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

re: madonna

why would anyone pay shit loads of money to see a mime performance?

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK...it's stating the obvious to say that most of us here love Queen. However, aren't there other better things to worry about than their reputation? There is more to life than Queen (although they do provide the best soundtrack to life :-)

Formerly MHG