Forums > Personal > Do You Think Time Travel....

forum rss feed
Author

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will be made possible, in our lifetime?
And I ask this question, in all seriousness!
I do believe that, with the proper research and technology, we MAY be able to do something, but nothing like "Back to the Future 2."

Back whenever
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ask Britney Spears. She knows. :P

-Things Have Changed For Me-
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is true. You'd think that someone from the future would come back and say 'Here! Here is time travel equipment...but don't let it fall in to the hands of Roger the Dodger!!'

Also no. I do not.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No way. And if it did become possible we'd be screwed.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Friend Cameron thinks it's possible...

He said that you have to go faster than the speed of light though... then he explained a whole heap of crap using cars and I forgot it.....

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

unfortunately, no...time is a spatial effect of the second law of thermodynamics, time is a concept invented by people...there's just no substance of 'time' to manipulate. the ancient symbol for our planet, the cross inside a circle, is a tool for determining which age (Taurus, Aries, Pisces, Aquarius, etc) of the Platonic year the planet is located in, based on earth's tilt or ecliptic, pointed at a particular region of the band of stars called the zodiac. the vernal equinox is the true beginning of the year, with each arm of the cross inside the circle pointing to an equinox or solstice.

thus, we travel thru space, but not 'time' as most think of it. all of the ancient megalithic structures such as the Giza pyramid or Stonehenge or the central and southern American structures are there so people could determine what the pole star was. the central ascending shaft of the Great Pyramid is focused on Thuban, Alpha Draconis. as you read this, earth is beginning to intersect with Polaris as the north star, and will be fully aligned in 2095 CE. The Mayan calendar indicating an end date of Dec 21 2012 points out that the ecliptic will be located at 27 Sagittarius. What that really means is speculation -- some folks anticipate a harmonic convergence, as some researchers suggest the supernova of the star Vela X resulted in the Great Flood, and released background radiation that dramatically decreased the lifespan of humans. 'Time' is just a convenient way of marking our location by means of relative position. If you turn an hourglass upside down (or right side up, if you're Klytus in Flash Gordon!) all you can really measure is the changing distance each grain of sand travels.

some folks theorize about wormholes and superstrings as elements of the physical universe, but 'time travel' is just a dramatic way to discuss the fear of mortality. sorry if that's TMI!

somebody once said you can't step into the same river twice, but actually you might not even be able to step into the same river once. that has something to do about waves versus particles. Brian's song '39 is basically about two groups of people travelling across space at two different speeds, hence the illusion of time travel.

yeah if I could I'd time travel back to Queen live at the Rainbow or something lovely like that

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAHA!
Dane Cook spoke about that once.
He said if he ever got in a time matchine,
He would go back in time to where his parents
are making him and he'd walk into their love
scene and slap them and scream,
"I'M YOUR SON FROM THE FUTURE!"

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well spoken.

I would go back to 1849 and scream 'COCONUTS CAN FUCK FASTER THAN YOU'. Hopefully I would get an article in the newspaper.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As much as I would love to have it happen, no.
We could do it, in theory, but only for a split second, and you wouldn't have control over where in the past you went.
It would be sweet as hell if we could though.

Formerly MHG
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 07, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=660066>Maverick<h6>4711 wrote:

Ask Britney Spears. She knows. :P

LMAO!! That clip is destined to become an all time classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB84A3zcmVo

I love it when she goes... HUH??!!

It's hilarious, but at the same time sad that those fucked up genes were passed on to those 2 poor kids.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on a serious note, i think that if time travel was used, it would be cool because i can kill euclid and all those greeks and romans who made my life a living hell before they actually conceptualize all that crap.

i'm just kidding.

on a really serious note, as much as i want to use it to go back to the 60's, i don't think it's right. come to think of it, having a time machine will not make us appreciate our present. we might just even take it for granted. you'd be like... ah. i don't care if i make a mistake on this day because i can just go back in time and undo it. or something like that. but you get what i mean, right?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hate to spoil it :

Time travel is like trying to travel through 'litres' or 'centimetres'. You can't travel forward and backward through an imagined measurement that was put there merely to help us organise our lives.

Sorry folks.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I travel in time every day. Just a few minutes ago I was having lunch with Imhotep at his house, and then we both went to meet Napoleon who prepared a special snail treat for us along with Marie Curie.

2+2=5
yamaha user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It could be possible though, jump to one of the infinite parallel universes. I'm not exactly sure how or why, but I saw a show on public television about it. I can't believe I was actually enamored by the topics of string theory, quantam physics, and the like. Probability my ass! Just once I'd like to see a banana appear out of thin air. Technically it is possible. What our laws of physics really say is that if an object is dropped, it is most likely that it will fall to the ground. Things like that.

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its impossible. We would have to go faster than the speed of light which is 186, 000 feet per second, humans cannot travel at that speed, they can barely travel as fast as the speed it takes when the challenger is coming back to earth and going to space as well

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 07, 01:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ask duck dodgers goddamit

I'm so pissed I could spit.
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 07, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

greaserkat wrote:

Its impossible. We would have to go faster than the speed of light which is 186, 000 feet per second, humans cannot travel at that speed, they can barely travel as fast as the speed it takes when the challenger is coming back to earth and going to space as well

The reason why it is physically challenging for humans to do these things is due to gravity, not speed, which is relative anyway.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 07, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Edgarlicious, if you're REALLY interested in this subject, you could read some books by Stephen Hawking.

"A Brief History of Time" and "A Briefer History of Time" are "easy" for "normal" people like us. Specially the second one. I read the "Briefer" one in December, and Hawkings explains a lot about time, shows theories about how it began, about how gravity affects it, how it's relative, just like space, unlike absolute, and there's a chapter about time travel.

Technically, you can go back on time once you're able to travel faster than the light, but it's not what Hollywood shows, where you leave your time machine and see your grandfather 57 years younger playing in the yard.

Hawking uses an example to make it easier to understand everything... You'd be able to "trick" time only by going to faraway places (other galaxies, for example...) by taking "shortcuts" in Space-Time.

Well, you'll just need some patience to read the books, as it deals with some advanced physics, but Hawkins doesn't show the "math" part of it, so with a little bit of patience anyone can understand it. He makes it as simple as possible.

Now something to make you think...

When you look at something (the computer screen, for example), you're looking at the past. Light has a limited speed, so when you're looking at the computer you're seeing the light sent by it 0,0000(...)01 second ago. When you look at the mirror, you're looking further into the past, as first the light goes from your body to the mirror, then back to your eyes.

Interesting, eh? :-P

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 07, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopefully it will never be possible because say someone went back in time and killed your great great great great grandad then that is your whole family, which should have been born, wiped out as they will never exist and you will never have been born and your future family will never exist.

Lol you get the drift