Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > IS A KIND OF MAGIC's FIRST VERSE THROW AWAY LYRICS FROM ONE VISION?

forum rss feed
Author

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont know it just kinda struck me when I was listening to it the other day that it could be.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hehe. Well, both songs started off by Roger and the distorted/swishy/sound effects thing is going on in both.

But yeah, perhaps.. I dunno. Roger is famous for being 'inspired' by other stuff he's involved with and creating something new out of it... half his solo song titles are lyrics from Queen songs.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Roger said A Kind Of Magic was like a One Vision 'part two' or something like that. I remember some interview of him saying something about the similarities between them.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 07, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bubbles the bunny wrote:

half his solo song titles are lyrics from Queen songs.

I always liked the re-use of "I still love you" from Love of My Life when they did TATDOOL. I suppose, if it wasn't such a bad idea for a song title, they might've even used it as such.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller