Forums > Queen - General Discussion > No Subject

forum rss feed
Author

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw them on TV at the UK hall of fame doing a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Communication Breakdown" and I was blown away because they sounded EXACTLY like Led Zeppelin and I couldn't believe it.


"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not my cup of tea really.

And this should be in the 'personal' section.


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm...personal section. I don't care. If you don't like it, don't reply to it. Wolfmother rocks.


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

Hmmm...personal section. I don't care.


Yep, welcome to Queenzone.

dogwithabone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 282 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry - I'm in the wrong forum. Here I am thinking I'm in the 'QUEEN - GENERAL DISCUSSION' section!!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's bad enough that it's in the wrong section, but it had to be about a repetitive, derivative, horse-shit band that everyone in its country of origin is ashamed of...


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's amazing how you guys get so damn bent out of shape about something being posted in the 'wrong forum'. If you don't like the topic, then don't post on it. Simple as that. Is it really something to fuss about or bash? I'm glad no one has come up with laws and such about this. I will flog myself and say 100 Hail Mary's tonight to atone for my unearthly and grevious transgressions. I apologize, my Lords.


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

If you don't like it, don't reply to it.

Oh? But what about...

Hadrian wrote:

What do you guys think of this band?

...that?

Hadrian wrote:

It's amazing how you guys get so damn bent out of shape about something being posted in the 'wrong forum'.


I seem to recall you being the only one getting bent out of shape.


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If you don't like it.." was referring to the thread being in the wrong forum, which is what I was talking about. If you feel that it is in the wrong forum, there is no reason to bitch about it. Either reply to the topic of the thread, or go on and read some other thread in whichever forum you choose. Being bent out of shape is referring to the countless number of times that people post threads on this site and get bashed because others feel that the thread is in the wrong forum and 'the defenders of all that is great in Queenyland' always seem to jump all over the poster. That is what I was referring to. I am leaving now to watch my Heels play. Good night to you all.


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wolfmother rocks, great live presence, their album vaguely reminds me of the Sheer Heart Attack album


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

Being bent out of shape is referring to the countless number of times that people post threads on this site and get bashed because others feel that the thread is in the wrong forum...


Hmm, so according to you we are over-reacting because we feel everything has to be exactly the way we want it.

Right?

Let me quote the rule to the Queen - General Discussion forum that Richard Orchard (the site Administrator) set down.

Richard said:

Polls, favourite songs and other fun stuff


That may not be so obvious, but I think the name of the forum would be more clear

Queen - General Discussion Forum

So, we aren't over-reacting or anything, you were wrong in posting this here. It's blatantly obvious. If you did it by accident, you could just clear out your post and ask for a delete or something, and re-post in the Personal forum. But for some reason, I don't think that's the case. I would hate to think you were too lazy to move your cursor down the page and click the appropriate link. That'd just be incredibly...I don't know what to call it, because "lazy" doesn't cover it. So next time, try not to be such a dumbass when people ask you to start following the rules.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 07, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

"If you don't like it.." was referring to the thread being in the wrong forum, which is what I was talking about. If you feel that it is in the wrong forum, there is no reason to bitch about it. Either reply to the topic of the thread, or go on and read some other thread in whichever forum you choose. Being bent out of shape is referring to the countless number of times that people post threads on this site and get bashed because others feel that the thread is in the wrong forum and 'the defenders of all that is great in Queenyland' always seem to jump all over the poster. That is what I was referring to. I am leaving now to watch my Heels play. Good night to you all.


Again, who's bent out of shape?


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

It's bad enough that it's in the wrong section, but it had to be about a repetitive, derivative, horse-shit band that everyone in its country of origin is ashamed of...


The undiscovered musical genius that is Monkeyboy gets it wrong again.

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like them, my best friend is in the film clip to Joker and the Thief (And I can play that on bass too...)

but shouldn't this be in the personal forum?


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:


I will flog myself and say 100 Hail Mary's tonight to atone for my unearthly and grevious transgressions. I apologize, my Lords.


You're forgiven.

kenny8 wrote:

[

The musical genius that is Monkeyboy gets it wrong again.


Haha... I might've known you'd like Wolfmother.
Go drag your knuckles into a decent music shop and find something a little less like music that's been run through a photocopier.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka I realize you probably heard Wolfmutha long before the US, it will be interesting to see if their follow-up shows more songwriting or if they flash out like the Darkness


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they are quite good. Not as good as Uriah Heep, AC/DC, Status Quo or Deep Purple, but still a breath of fresh air from the vast majority of music we get today. And they're Australian too, always a plus.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm lazy, what can I say. I would have, but what's the point. I am, how you say, lazy? That's a good one! Anyway, I have 2 words for the lot of you....


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GO HEELS!


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues