Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > I'm A Man=Mannish Boy?

forum rss feed
Author

LozlanTheMage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 203 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 07, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A quick question and a request.
Years ago I managed to snag a copy of Queen playing a track called 'I'm A Man' (recorded in Glasgow, I believe). The song has a heavy dun dunnnn....dun dunnnn guitar riff, quite recognizable.
Recently I stumbled across info that stated Queen had also performed a cover called 'Mannish Boy' (in some instances even listing the track I had as 'Mannish Boy' and a separate track as 'I'm A Man'). I'm curious about these tracks...are they one and the same, or separate recordings? If they are seperate I am missing one, and would be grateful for an upload of the missing track.
Thanks guys.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mannish Boy was recorded by someone in the 60's and it was a variation of I'm a Man.

Or was it the other way round?

So in fact one song originates from the other one. thats why it's so similar

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I however, think that Queen (accidently?) played a mixture of both songs. Kind of like they did with the rock 'n roll medley in the early days, Where Freddie used to sing Tutti Frutti lyrics during, i think, Be bop a lula

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mannish Boy is a very old blues classic by Muddy Waters (or Howlin' Wolf - one of the two) and has been covered by countless bands. I'm a Man was orginally recorded by the Spencer Davis Group. They are not the same song at all.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ginger01 wrote:

Mannish Boy is a very old blues classic by Muddy Waters (or Howlin' Wolf - one of the two) and has been covered by countless bands. I'm a Man was orginally recorded by the Spencer Davis Group. They are not the same song at all.

Muddy Waters. And the chords are the same.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus