The story is absurd!

"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm Christian, and my Gran has sort of made me follow the religion a bit more than what my parents may have done, and I do actually follow Christianity to a point, but I disagree with some parts of the Bible because I find it makes no sense to me, because the Lord says he wants his people to be free, make their own choices and be happy, but it also states that homosexuals are not permitted in the world, which to me contradicts itself.

I know that my father and two brothers are Homophobic, and one of my brothers is in the liberals and everything, but it is unfair to "outlaw" them so to speak, they deserve the same rights as us, and I support that.

And having said that, I'm going to go and read that article "properly" meaning, I'm going to go and read all of it.

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well... I'd say… You're welcome in Holland. Here you can marry if you want. And that makes me proud to be a Dutchman. Not that I'll ever marry a man, but just the fact that we're quite liberal with a lot of things.

Though I'm afraid the a new government with wipe out our right of gay marriage. It's likely that our country will be ruled by Christians the coming four years, and they already told us that they want to take away the right of abortion for example.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do not understand this law - does it force a church to provide for rooms for civil wedding receptions? Or just for gay weddings? And a hotel owner - does he have to give rooms to all unmarried couples or just gay unmarried couples? Does a Muslim printer have to print flyers for all night clubs or just gay night clubs?

I do not want any google ads here.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Incredible.

I think this quote from the article sums it up nicely -
"It seems to me, in my simplistic way, that what they (the opponents of the regulations) are arguing for is quite simply the right to discriminate and the right to harass. And those arguments are being made in the name of Christianity."

This is plain stupid -
"They require religious organizations to choose between obedience to God and obedience to the state."

Obedience to god? Does printing a flyer for a gay rally mean they plan to attend? Will they, by extension, BECOME gay because they've done this? It's like the pharmacists here who have the right to refuse the filling of birth control prescriptions because it contradicts their so-called faith. We're not asking them to participate, only to do their job. If you're in a profession that serves the public, then, by god, serve the public, damn it. All of it.

Also from the article:
"The regulations threaten to override the conscience and free speech of Christians and others who object to homosexual practice."

But, apparently, it's okay to override the conscience and free speech of non-christians and others who have no objection to homosexual practices.

It's all so disgusting.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dont even wanna read it, we all know how overpassionate i get XD

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If she ever kisses you, I'll turn you into a Prince.

Prince of the land of STENCH! Muahaha (walks off)

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
kimmithee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think thats dumb!!!!why would someone do that to people!?

you know i'm just joking, right?

NOT!!

just kiddin! well how do you know if i'm just kidding? maybe i'm not, but you see, you can never ever know especially with a cow lover!!
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is very disturbing.

kimmithee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how is it disturbing??!?!?!?!?

you know i'm just joking, right?

NOT!!

just kiddin! well how do you know if i'm just kidding? maybe i'm not, but you see, you can never ever know especially with a cow lover!!
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

If she ever kisses you, I'll turn you into a Prince.

Prince of the land of STENCH! Muahaha (walks off)

Hahahaha, I love that film. (Probably too much)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am completely against those public gay parades with dudes in speedos rubbing their cock and balls against each other. It's fuckin' disgusting, and it's not a double standard because I would also be against a public parade where you see men groping women just for the sake of celebrating heterosexuality.

Now, when it comes to doing that in private areas, then I say go ahead and do whatever you want as long as it's not public.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Now, when it comes to doing that in private areas, then I say go ahead and do whatever you want as long as it's not public.

Hey, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Florida fooling around with Goofy?

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Hey, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Florida fooling around with Goofy?

My flight leaves tonight.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

utter crap...

2+2=5
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is what happens when political correctness meets politcal correctness.

Although not personally religious, I do think religious groups should have a right to practice their religion (within reason) free from fear of persecution.

Likewise, gays should have the same rights. But what happens when the rights of one group conflicts with the rights of another?

I do not smoke, so I do not sit in any smoking rooms. That is my choice. Nor am
I gay - so I do not drink in gay bars. That is also my choice, but I do respect the choices of others.

Personally, I would not stay in a Muslim Hotel, but if I did, I would respect THEIR rules while I lived there, nor would I expect to eat pork pies at a Jewish festival.

I guess what I am saying is that problems only occur when people are both selfish and blinkered and do not care about the rights of others, and I feel that ALL militant groups, whether straight, gay or religious are basically selfish bastards who, while quite happy to complain about their lack of freedoms, are quite happy to trample all over the rights of others.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be honest, and I know this is going to seem kind of silly to some of you, but I believe that the law should not prohibit private entities from practicing discrimination if they so desire.

As long as this discrimination is not actively harmful to a particular group, it should be allowed. Every private institution should be allowed to discriminate in this manner, except in particular instances such as employment, where discrimination can actively harm a group in the aggregate.

Don't get me wrong, I am completely against discrimination. But to me this is rather an issue of what the law should and should not do, and how much regulatory power the government is entitled.

Does this make sense? I may not have gotten my ideas perfect in this quick post. Discuss.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

Does this make sense? I may not have gotten my ideas perfect in this quick post. Discuss.

It does make sense, but I disagree. I understand it on some level, however, a printer refusing to print something going against his/her religion should then, IMO, be classified as a Christian Press, or some such thing. Maybe there isn't a clearcut answer for every profession but if people have specific religious rules they live by and cannot interact with the public at large - as is - then perhaps they should not be in that chosen field. Just like the pharmacists I mentioned in an earlier post. If they object to dispensing certain medications then perhaps they shouldn't be pharmacists OR they should work in a Christian hospital. It's not about limiting their choice, but about them working in a field where they can abide by their religious morals and not offend/affect the rest of the community.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Music Man wrote:

It does make sense, but I disagree. I understand it on some level, however, a printer refusing to print something going against his/her religion should then, IMO, be classified as a Christian Press, or some such thing. Maybe there isn't a clearcut answer for every profession but if people have specific religious rules they live by and cannot interact with the public at large - as is - then perhaps they should not be in that chosen field. Just like the pharmacists I mentioned in an earlier post. If they object to dispensing certain medications then perhaps they shouldn't be pharmacists OR they should work in a Christian hospital. It's not about limiting their choice, but about them working in a field where they can abide by their religious morals and not offend/affect the rest of the community.

Amen!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."