Forums > Personal > Album Discussion: Metallica - Kill 'Em All

forum rss feed
Author

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To anybody who has got this album - what do you think of it? I purchased it recently and think it is great...some strong tunes on there, just to name a few: Hit The Lights, The Four Horsemen, Whiplash, Seek & Destroy.

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooooooooooooooooh, YEAH-HEAH!!!!!

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For a first album 'Kill'Em All' is good but not great, IMO.

Hardcore metal fans probably differ, but I think Metallica didn't show that they were far beyond the average underground metal band until the release of 'Ride The Lighting'.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd rate Master Of Puppets as a better album - one of the disadvantages Kill 'Em All has is that there isn't much musical variation and aside from (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth, every track reaches a fast tempo.

It is probably now more of a foundation for things to come, which has already been hinted at in this thread.

Best song on the album is definitely Seek & Destroy, in my opinion. I never tire of hearing the riff.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with you there, Jingles. Though, my favorite member of Metallica has always been Dave Mustaine. And seeing as he has been with Megadeth for twenty some years, I think you know what band I prefer.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The production is rather poor on this album. I prever the live versions of most of the songs. But still a kick ass album. My favorite must be Whiplash