Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's Life Highlights

forum rss feed
Author

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

for the music scene: the "rock-opera", and the first video clip of rock history, it was bohemian rhapsody

or do you mean something "really" important for the "world", like gandhi or m.l.king, something political?

unknown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 400 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, actually the first rock opera is "S.F.Sorrow" by the Pretty Things. Even "Tommy" by the Who was earlier; so I'd say Queen/Freddie Mercury invented a new style.

Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 07, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being an inspiration for many artists.

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 11 Jan 07, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen...

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 11 Jan 07, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he kept people who were fans of REM and Judas Priest from slitting their throats when they found out their lead singers were gay.

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 11 Jan 07, 02:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rosedewitt wrote:

for the music scene: the "rock-opera", and the first video clip of rock history, it was bohemian rhapsody

or do you mean something "really" important for the "world", like gandhi or m.l.king, something political?

Video clip of rock history? Bohemian Rhapsody wasn't the first music video, nor was it Queen's first video.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
President user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 11 Jan 07, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First thanks to you for posting this question - it is a beautiful question. I think that Freddie's imput to world culture is indisputable. And this is what he SHOULD gain appreciation for. However, he is not just an artist, he also cherishes art created by other people. He collected objects of arts which is well-known. And just to share a thought with you - sometimes I get furious over the idea that noone of power has thought yet to make his house a museum. One certainly has ALOT to see there. And I'd rather relate Freddie's name with the name of an artist, THE ARTIST, then with a name of an HIV-positive. I think that this AIDS-awareness concert in 1992 (the Tribute) was a political mistake, but again I share only thoughts here. Thanks!

Keep the band alive!
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 11 Jan 07, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie did make some mistakes, like not coming forward sooner when he knew that he was dying of aids. also, He wasn't the type to try to save the world. He did give to charities, but his most Important message was recieved after he died for aids awareness.