Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Any opinions of Brian May's "Furia" soundtrack?

forum rss feed
Author

Richy Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anybody heard this and what do they think of this? Is it worth buying or should I just download it?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's brilliant. Though it's all about the one theme only.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats in most soundtracks. One or two themes.

I think it's a brilliant mix of classical, electronic and rock music


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love it.

there is one or two tracks i didnt like as much.

but everyone else is right, some of it is a little repetative, where theme 4 and 5 sound very much like 1 and 2, type of things.

slightly differant but much the same



Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
Aquillas user not visiting Queenzone.com
Omul invizibil
Aquillas
Bohemian: 613 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Furia is nice. It's a perfect ambiental music. "Furia is timeless and belongs to the world" like Brian said.
I got mine for 2 Dollars when I found it by accident at a local music shop :P


www.queenpedia.com - The Queen encyclopedia
Matty And Linda user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richy Mercury wrote:

Has anybody heard this and what do they think of this? Is it worth buying or should I just download it?


Its very good well worth buying


us
ern2150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 303 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richy Mercury wrote:

Has anybody heard this and what do they think of this? Is it worth buying or should I just download it?


Buy it, tell us what you think of it.

I think it's great. I personally don't like listening to it on random, as I think it sounds much better as a whole.

dogwithabone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 282 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Definitely worth buying! I really like it but don't expect anything that really sounds like a Queen album. Although it has the same signature tune throughout (except for the odd one or two), it's mood changes slightly depending on the scene in the film that piece of music is depicting. I've been looking for the DVD of the film in my local shops but no joy yet.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dogwithabone wrote:

Definitely worth buying! I really like it but don't expect anything that really sounds like a Queen album. Although it has the same signature tune throughout (except for the odd one or two), it's mood changes slightly depending on the scene in the film that piece of music is depicting. I've been looking for the DVD of the film in my local shops but no joy yet.


You can get it here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Furia-Carlo-Brandt/dp/B0006J28FA/sr=1-1/qid=1168648691/ref=pd_bowtega_1/026-3620055-8262833?ie=UTF8&s=dvd




"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Watch and listen to 'Young Frankenstein', then listen to 'Furia'.

Note a common musical theme?


"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'



ern2150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 303 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodco wrote:

Watch and listen to 'Young Frankenstein', then listen to 'Furia'.

Note a common musical theme?


Wow, what an eye-opener! Hey, I then watched "The Godfather", and then the 2005 series of Doctor Who!

Amazing how many people ripped off "The Kiss (Aura Resurrects Flash)"!

Richy Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 07, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red><b>Mr Mercury</b> wrote:

dogwithabone wrote:

Definitely worth buying! I really like it but don't expect anything that really sounds like a Queen album. Although it has the same signature tune throughout (except for the odd one or two), it's mood changes slightly depending on the scene in the film that piece of music is depicting. I've been looking for the DVD of the film in my local shops but no joy yet.


You can get it here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Furia-Carlo-Brandt/dp/B0006J28FA/sr=1-1/qid=1168648691/ref=pd_bowtega_1/026-3620055-8262833?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Does it have English subtitiles?



Richy Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 07, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you everyone for replying. I am going to buy it.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 07, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can send it to you if you want.


Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 07, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love it. Most of it is very nice to play before bed. And 'Dream Of Thee' is just beautiful.


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blue face="Tahoma">Logan wrote:

Furia is nice. It's a perfect ambiental music. "Furia is timeless and belongs to the world" like Brian said.
I got mine for 2 Dollars when I found it by accident at a local music shop :P


GRRRR!i bought it when it was released for 19eur! mon€y mon€y...

i love this original soundtrack. i love the tango "cuesta abajo" , the reggae, the main theme, the intro is fantastic, with orchestra and powerful red special, Dream of thee is a MASTERPIECE..i still remeber the period whe nit was released there wasn't much coming out from Brian Roger and Queen in general...it was shading some light on Queen! Dream of thee reminds me a bit of White Queen.
And there's Emily May singing!
I have never seen the movie. Yet i can sleep at nights.


Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch and listen to 'Young Frankenstein', then listen to 'Furia'.

Note a common musical theme?


goodco wrote:

Watch and listen to 'Young Frankenstein', then listen to 'Furia'.

Note a common musical theme?
****************************
ern2150 replied:

Wow, what an eye-opener! Hey, I then watched "The Godfather", and then the 2005 series of Doctor Who!

Amazing how many people ripped off "The Kiss (Aura Resurrects Flash)"!
****************

I was actually being serious. When I first listened to 'Furia', I felt I'd heard the theme before. Before it finished, I knew what it was from. Pulled out the movie, went to certain spots, and shore 'nuff, I was right.





"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'



Rompez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodco, there are very few similarities between these two themes, maybe except first few notes and violin. :)

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You should buy it! I love it....

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richy Mercury wrote:

<font color=red><b>Mr Mercury</b> wrote:

dogwithabone wrote:

Definitely worth buying! I really like it but don't expect anything that really sounds like a Queen album. Although it has the same signature tune throughout (except for the odd one or two), it's mood changes slightly depending on the scene in the film that piece of music is depicting. I've been looking for the DVD of the film in my local shops but no joy yet.


You can get it here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Furia-Carlo-Brandt/dp/B0006J28FA/sr=1-1/qid=1168648691/ref=pd_bowtega_1/026-3620055-8262833?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Does it have English subtitiles?




Just seen your reply Richy. Sorry I have no idea about whether there is subtitles or not as I havent seen it either.


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."