Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Anthology PART 1 (March 2008)

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear All

I thought you might like to know that I have been working VERY hard, intensively labouring, I might tell you, and not remotely being lazy or idle - as so many of you believe me to be. I did 6 hours last week and 2 hours in the archive this week, ya got me! It's all go in my life. Ok, yes, I had my dinner hours and breaks too, but I still did a fair old bit last tuesday.

Anyway, progress with the Queen box...

I decided that you were right and I was wrong, and that Johnboy Stuart's ways and methods and crazily detailed and pedantic to the enth degree approach to Queen projects was INDEED the way to go. The ONLY way. I saw the light eventually. I managed to talk the band round too, and management. I confess, I have seen the error of my ways. I ask your collective forgiveness. Will you? Stu-pot Stuart from the Northly North had it right, and I had not a clue.

Look... I shouldn't be telling you this yet, but... sneaky sneaky, an archive peaky... here is what Johnboy and I (mainly Johnboy) have come up with thus far for box 1. I had some great ideas, but JS's were much better so he went with them. So... so far.

Box 1. QUEEN THE EARLY YEARS.

Johnny Stu-pot Note: These 6 CDs cover only side 1 and a fraction of Side 2 of the first album, because we wanted to be as thorough as I've always insisted Greg and the boys needed to be. Without being conceited, the following greatness is mainly, if not solely and exclusively, my doing...

CD 1: The First Album, First Track, First Morning of the First session, Trident 1972

1. Brian saying "Keep Yourself Alive, Take 1" [0:03]
2. Brian counting to 4. [0:04]
3. Roger asking if he can have his cans volume turned up a bit because he missed Brian's count (also featuring Mike Stone sneezing and Roy Baker saying "Bless you Mike" [0:11]
4. Brian counting to 4 (again), but this time for Take 2 [0:04]
5. The opening two lines of 'Keep Yourself Alive' Early Version [0:42]
6. Freddie asking why Take 2 broke down after only 2 lines and John saying "yes please" to a cup of tea [0:09]
7. Brian saying "Keep Yourself Alive, Take 4" [0:03]
8. Brian counting to 4. [0:04]
9. Roger asking if he can have his cans volume turned up a tiny bit more (also featuring John receiving his tea and thanking unknown girl for said beverage [0:12]
10. Tiny bit of 'Keep Yourself Alive' which Stu... Stu-pot found on the end of a tape, which goes "all you people kee...." before abruptly cutting out where the edit comes in the tape and something was taken out [0:02]
11. Brian asking for a pen [0:03]
12. Unknown girl saying "Yes love, here you are" [0:04]
10. Bit of 'Keep Yourself Alive' unused lyric, uttered by Freddie, from 2nd verse, which goes "all of you people" (with reberb) [0:02]
11. Tones. 50 mhz (for the Engineer to synch things up with) [0:06]
12. 'Great King Rat' opening two piano notes of discarded Take 7 (from Trident, 1972) [0:07]
13. D-major guitar chord rehearsal for an early version of Son & Daughter which Brian thought was crap, but it was on the end of a Slave tape [0:01]
14. Person unknown shreiking "How much?" six times (probably a Tape Op) [0:23]
15. Freddie singing the word "shrowd" instead of "crowd" (extract from Jesus) [0:01]
16. John thanking someone for something, and Brian tuning up in the background - probably for Jesus, or King Rat, or Keep Yourself Alive, or The Night Comes Down, maybe [0:14]

CD 2: Liar (Misc Out-takes), Evening of the First session, about 8 O'clock

Johny St Note: I am especially proud of this. Who needs that knob Greggeth B when you've got me collating this stuff like some God-type genius?

1. Liar (Out of tune piano bit, discarded in Aug 1971) [1.06]
2. Liar (Roger tuning drum and telling Roy he is doing so) [2.08]
3. Li (first sylubul of Liar uttered by Fred, but then he coughs and stops) [0:000000003]
4. Liar (bass

GB
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

March 2008? Yeah right, I call bullshit. Queen always release big things closer to Christmas. NICE TRY GREG!

Also, that's quite the chip on your shoulder ya got there, Greggy-poo.

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what's this all 'bout? Is this the real life, is this just fantasy???

2008????140 CD's??? 6 per year ?WTF?

ern2150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jon Stuart you are not.

Any of them.

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fucking hell, Greg. Cut down on the shandys mate!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg is pathologically obsessed with John Stuart.

You know, good times are now.
Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, that was a nice waste of time...

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Say what you will about the Greg's latest cheap-shot (which it was), but I still had a big chuckle at this bit:

Brian counting to 4. [0:04]

Would be funnier if that track were 5 seconds long.

DJ's the man we love the most
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What really and truly worries me is that a few people up the page thought this was for real....

Anyway Greg...if you ARE Greg....stop typing this shite and get back to work. I retire in 2038 and my pension lump sum will be ready about that time....just as you begin pressing the <ahem> box sets.

Milk it baybee...Queen obviously has loadsa dosh to keep you worthily in their employ.

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

What really and truly worries me is that a few people up the page thought this was for real....

Only theCro thought it was real. sweden_man and myself were being facetious.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The builders came back to his home probably...

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GB isn't even the Archivist anymore, he is the janitor. lol. Greg, go clean the loo! lol. Don't you just love the irony?!

Hello you rock and rollers!
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet!! That's good news that he isn't...but...who is now in charge of it?? I'm apparently not hip to all the news...but I'am happy that he's not in charge of it anymore.

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet!! That's good news that he isn't...but...who is now in charge of it?? I'm apparently not hip to all the news...but I'am happy that he's not in charge of it anymore.

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey! Greg's got the right to (try to) be funny as well! Bastards!

Loved it - as always!

ON top of that: I would even BUY such a box set if it were released! :-)

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3037 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

although I was taken in by the topic title, as soon as I read the line about having worked all of 6 hours last week, I know what was coming.... dispapointing in a way, but still very funny. If anyone else had posted this, it would be laughed at by all, but simply because it's Greg I'm sure he'll get shot down in flames. Oh well, at least he's back on Queenzone!

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was this supposed to be funny? Greg, take lessons, please.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It really says a lot that he'd put that much effort into a gag... a lousy one at that! A man cut from the same cloth as myself it seems.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how is it that Queen employ such a self-opinionated cretinous shithead?
i sincerely hope they sack him...and get somebody in who CAN do the archiving job properly
maybe then we would see some real anthologies...the beatles did there's in about 18months...queen have been dragging their heels since this piss-taker arrived

go deo na hÉireann
WilliamFraser user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GB was sacked by Queen.

Everyone knows I tell the truth, but my poor spelling has made me look stupid. So to be taken more serious, I have written this in MS Word first so that the spelling is right. Maybe now I can be taken more serious.

Greg Brooks is a bully. The thread called Queen Anthology PART 1 (March 2008) is a good example, because he is not interested in the box set. He is only interested in rubbishing John Stuart, and that is bullying. But have you ever wondered why he is such a tosser? Well here is the answer.

GREG WAS SACKED BY THE BAND.
He will tell you he was not sacked because he never worked for them, that he was self employed and that self employed people cannot be sacked. But the truth is he was contracted to do a job, and that job is now over. And now that that job is over, they have no need of his services. They want nothing more to do with him. It is like employing a self employed electrician to do a job, then when his job is over it is over. But if he was any good you would take him back, but if he was poor at his job you would not hire him again. So in that way he has been sacked.

He has no influence on future releases. He is just a has been. That is why he is a bully. He likes to be the big shot but he can’t be any more and that is because people in here like Serry Vietinhoff and John S. Stuart know more about Queen than he does, and they do not even work for the band. That is why he has to rubbish there work. And he has the cheek to call me childish.

I know this because I have a friend of a friend who knows him, and he is the same in real life. All mouth and no trousers. I do not see why he is allowed to do this in here. He is a spammer and a troll, but a troll with a name. So why should he get off with this when others don’t.