Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Mustapha versus jesus

forum rss feed
Author

Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 07, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie did both songs with somekind of basic belief.. Was he christian by jesus or persian/arabic/zorohustrianist by mustapha?

My guess is he was none of the issued. He truly had no religion of faith. He questioned it all the world of faith. maybe he kneeled down to both directions to maximise sales...

I will leave it to you..


God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he was abandoned by faiths because he was gay, even though i reckon the lord can contradict himself sometimes, but i still believe in the lord because I'm just a poor boy....girl


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
unknown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think that being gay means automatically being an atheist.
Concerning the first post, I think that Queen does not propagate any specific religion but makes us rather think about the values of life.

skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in an interview, he looked up and pointed up and said 'hes watching over me' or something of the like.


"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Mercury>Larry Lurex's Girl wrote:

I think he was abandoned by faiths because he was gay...


There are those who believe in a fair and just god who loves his 'children' unconditionally. And then there are those who fear this god and it's judgments.

There are also those who don't believe in any god, period, and simply go about life treating others as they would like to be treated - not because of some future promised land but because it's simply the right thing to do.

IMO, Freddie believed in a higher power but was not concerned about being 'punished' in the afterlife because whatever and whoever he (Freddie) was, was what and who this higher power created him to be.



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color=Mercury>Larry Lurex's Girl wrote:

I think he was abandoned by faiths because he was gay...


There are those who believe in a fair and just god who loves his 'children' unconditionally. And then there are those who fear this god and it's judgments.

There are also those who don't believe in any god, period, and simply go about life treating others as they would like to be treated - not because of some future promised land but because it's simply the right thing to do.

IMO, Freddie believed in a higher power but was not concerned about being 'punished' in the afterlife because whatever and whoever he (Freddie) was, was what and who this higher power created him to be.


good answer. he didnt care if he would go to hell. back to the same interview, he said he would rather go there than heaven because there are more interesting people in hell. lol.


"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=B22222>daria wrote:

I don't think that being gay means automatically being an atheist.
Concerning the first post, I think that Queen does not propagate any specific religion but makes us rather think about the values of life.


Atheist: denies there is a God, or even the possibility of there being one; thus, as dogmatic as a fundamentalist religious person.

Agnostic: does not support a religious faith, has no views on there being a God or not, or accepts that there is no way of knowing.

Differentiate between the two, please.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This topic makes me wanna go "Wtf, mate". But I won't.



[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Freddie did both songs with somekind of basic belief.. Was he christian by jesus or persian/arabic/zorohustrianist by mustapha?

My guess is he was none of the issued. He truly had no religion of faith. He questioned it all the world of faith. maybe he kneeled down to both directions to maximise sales..."

"Mustapha"has nothing to do with religion.




I do not want any google ads here.

unknown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

<b><font color=B22222>daria wrote:

I don't think that being gay means automatically being an atheist.
Concerning the first post, I think that Queen does not propagate any specific religion but makes us rather think about the values of life.


Atheist: denies there is a God, or even the possibility of there being one; thus, as dogmatic as a fundamentalist religious person.

Agnostic: does not support a religious faith, has no views on there being a God or not, or accepts that there is no way of knowing.

Differentiate between the two, please.


I'll then correct my post: "I don't think that being gay means automatically being an agnostic."

!ryan! 31351 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 07, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Mercury>Larry Lurex's Girl wrote:

I think he was abandoned by faiths because he was gay, even though i reckon the lord can contradict himself sometimes, but i still believe in the lord because I'm just a poor boy....girl

I do not see how being a homosexual would make him abandon religion all together. Gays and lesbians have formed their own Christian Churches, Mosques, etc. Just because they're gay doesn't mean they have to give up having a religion.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:
"Mustapha"has nothing to do with religion.



Mustapha has nothing to do with anything, really! ; )

Take care

simps user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Youcsay lord I say Christ I don't beleive in Peter Pan,Frankenstein or Superman,all I wan't to do is,Bicycle!So I'm guessing he wasn't Christian.Sucks.

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

simps wrote:

"Youcsay lord I say Christ I don't beleive in Peter Pan,Frankenstein or Superman,all I wan't to do is,Bicycle!So I'm guessing he wasn't Christian.Sucks.


You suck, you dummy. That line "I don't believe (believe not beleive lol) in Perter Pan", etc was saying he believes in Christ and obviously wouldnt put his fate in any of those character since the reply to lord was christ. Jeez I hate American Queen fans (I'm in Dallas but I hate most of my fellow Qeen fns frm the states). Besides it's ridiculous to look for something as complex as a man fate in a disosable pop song.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

...That line "I don't believe (believe not beleive lol) in Perter Pan", etc was saying he believes in Christ and obviously wouldnt put his fate in any of those character since the reply to lord was christ. Jeez I hate American Queen fans (I'm in Dallas but I hate most of my fellow Qeen fns frm the states). Besides it's ridiculous to look for something as complex as a man fate in a disosable pop song.


I absolutely agree with the last statement you made here, but I disagree with the first.

I take that line to mean he (the character in the song, not necessarily, Freddie) doesn't believe in any fairytale characters - "lord" and "christ" included.

You say lord, I say, christ! I don't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman...



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

That line "I don't believe (believe not beleive lol) in Perter Pan"....


Yeah, lol, look at "beleive" lol, isn't it funny. Especially when you go on to make ten times the mistakes.

Perter Pan? Where you from, Texas?

simps user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My bad.I took it in defferintly.

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kenny8 wrote:

kdj2hot wrote:

That line "I don't believe (believe not beleive lol) in Perter Pan"....


Yeah, lol, look at "beleive" lol, isn't it funny. Especially when you go on to make ten times the mistakes.

Perter Pan? Where you from, Texas?


I've stated on a few different post that I am from Texas, so what's your point?

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


...you need to ask?