Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To quote Dr. Boomhauer.....

"Dang on old Megalo-mart man - go boom"

Should be a great ride!

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where's Pieter?

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I kidnaped him and I'm forcing him to watch That's 70's Show.

Erin might join.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm here. I watched the first 4 episodes last week. I was bad and downloaded them.

The end of episode 4 was fantastic.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We planned our Sunday and Monday nights around the premiere of 24. I was so caught up in it that by the end of part 4, I half expected the events to be reported on the 10:00 news. Damn, did it feel real. And now we have to wait a whole week for the 10pm - 11pm hour. A week is a very long time.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

PieterMC

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At least 24 is a non stop season with no repeats or weeks off the air.

I can't wait to see where this season is going to go.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn, maybe I should fit 24 into my weekly tv schedule. I have no clue how I will though. We have two DVRs and they are both full of shit now as it is.

I just started watching Rome on HBO and it is fabulous!! I love that old history stuff though. Anyone else watch Rome?

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

24 RULES. Here in India we have a channel called Star World which used to show 24 but they only showed 2 seasons...well anyway I've downloaded 6 of the seasons and I'm still watching. Jack Bauer = coolest guy on TV since Michael Knight(Knight Rider) and Fonzie(Happy Days). I'm saving up to buy the first 5 seasons on DVD.

P.S. Kiefer Sutherland(Jack Bauer) digs Queen.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Maroon>Dobbies Deacon, Sr. wrote:

I couldn't believe it when Jack bit that dude! Or when Curtis died. Y_Y

Curtis! I kept thinking he wasn't going to die, that they'd save him... I mean, hell, it was Curtis! Why couldn't Jack shoot him in the knee or the shoulder. Why the neck??? Nuts. Tony, Edgar and now Curtis. :(

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

PieterMC

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color=Maroon>Dobbies Deacon, Sr. wrote:

I couldn't believe it when Jack bit that dude! Or when Curtis died. Y_Y

Curtis! I kept thinking he wasn't going to die, that they'd save him... I mean, hell, it was Curtis! Why couldn't Jack shoot him in the knee or the shoulder. Why the neck??? Nuts. Tony, Edgar and now Curtis. :(

I guess being held in a Chinese prison for 18 months clouded Jacks judgment. I was more in shock about the nuke going off.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Damn, maybe I should fit 24 into my weekly tv schedule. I have no clue how I will though. We have two DVRs and they are both full of shit now as it is.

Delete all that crap, and watch some 24, woman!

Jack Bauer is the MAN..;-)

PieterMC

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jack Bauer's kill count: http://www.bauercount.com/

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I was more in shock about the nuke going off.

Oh, that. Pfffft.

;-)

PieterMC

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did anybody see Keith Olbermann last night?

Basically he had a segment where he talked about 24 basically being propaganda for the Bush administration. I frankly find his comments absurd and I am no fan of Bush.

Here are parts of what he said:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011607/content/rush_on_24.Par.0002.ImageFile.jpg

"It's a familiar tactic for grabbing and holding the public's attention, beloved by both the Bush administration and, just as another example, Fox News Channel. Step 1: Fear, and if step 1 does not work, Step 2: More fear. In our fourth story on the Countdown, it is also evidently how the producers of the Fox series "24" plan to keep viewers during the show's sixth year, as evidenced by the first 30 seconds of the season premiere:

[Video of Islamic militants blowing up various trains and buses on the show "24"]

If that wasn't enough to scare or outrage you, the rest of the four-hour, two-night show featured a mall attack, a would-be suicide bomber on the subway and a successful suicide bombing on a passenger bus — not in places where these things have already happened, but in a country called the United States of America.

In case you missed the point, the show finished up with a nuclear weapon detonating in a major American city, literally conjuring up the administration's imagery for the war in Iraq: the good old mushroom cloud."

"Is 24 propaganda? Is it fear mongering? Or is it a program-length commercial for one political party?"

PieterMC

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keith Olbermann is a kook, plain and simple.

His takes on things are laughable, such as this.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
PieterMC

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wonder why they are bashing it now.

It's not the first time there have been Islamic terrorists on the show.

It's not the first nuke on the show, although the other one did get set off in the desert.

It's not the first time that torture has been on the show.

Here is the video of him bashing the show:

http://www.olbermann.org/ko/video_detail.cfm?id=2104

Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any chance folks like Olbermann can get to "make a name" for himself, he is gonna take it.

Generally, he gets his name by his outrageous comments about the Bush administration.

I would like to think that even a leftist like TQ, an ardent a Bush hater as one would ever find, would find KO's take to be absurd at best.

A publicity stunt, to get ratings, as Keith has about 5 people per night watching his show as it is.

PieterMC

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After reading comments on the 24 message board there are plently of liberals on there that think KO comments were stupid.

Calling for it to be taken off the air is just plain stupid.

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It should be noted, when Pieter asked why this criticism is cropping up now, that Joel Surnow, producer of 24, is also producing for Fox a "conservative-themed" or "right-leaning" alternative to The Daily Show. It appears that Surnow made his biases better known.

Also, for the sake of being honest, I was a bit put off during the first 24 episode when the family protects their Muslim neighbor from a pair of jerks and, as the episode reveals, the neighbor is really a terrorist conspirator. I mean, think about it for a second, but what is the underlying message to that - Don't even bother helping others, they're just bad people anyhoo?

Just my opinion. I gave up watching 24 after I learned what happened to Jack and that he likes the taste of Man Neck. Can't devote that much time to watching TV this spring.

DJ's the man we love the most