Forums > Queen - General Discussion > "untitled" hidden track on Made In Heaven

forum rss feed
Author

ScaramoucheFandango user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what is the untitled hidden track exactly? and why is it so long (22:33)?

O_o
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its called 'ambulance'. coz thats where everyone said i would end up if i ever put it on the jukebox in my old local drinking hole

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 07, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hidden track = a musical journey to Heaven.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i haven't heard a hidden track and i seem to be hopeless to..

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's "Track 13", but why it's hidden? There are no any pauses between Beautiful Day and that tune... Hidden track is on Brian's Another World, but Track 13 is not hidden.

violonbleu user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Vietinhoff wrote:

It's "Track 13", but why it's hidden? There are no any pauses between Beautiful Day and that tune... Hidden track is on Brian's Another World, but Track 13 is not hidden.

I think that by "hidden" they mean that without listening to the album, we are not supposed to know the existence of this track 13. I've always been astonished by the track 12 too: why does it not make part of track 11?
But I think that in fact, both 12and13 are NOT to be called Hidden tracks, because when you listen to the whole album, there is a "YEAH", then you think it's the end, you want to take the DISC, but...it's still playing! then you turn the volume very loud and you heard that something is still happening. And finally you understand why the album is more than 70 minutes playing.
And it is more easily understandable than the another world track: the first time I listened to Another world I didn't noticed it, but the first time I listened to Made in Heaven, I did well.
So...track 13 of MIH: Hidden for the eyes, Not for the ears; hidden track from AW: Hidden for both eyes and ears. + track 13 is separated from track 11 (and 12) on MIH, and hidden track in AW is not separated from the last track, but it could be; and there is a big pause. Now I go sleeping after have written so bad :-)

Violonbleu
gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Vietinhoff wrote:

It's "Track 13", but why it's hidden?
... were 12 and 13 NOT listed on the cover...? (I haven't got the record at hand)

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Weren't.

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Hidden track is a piece of music which has been deliberately placed on a Compact Disc, audio cassette, vinyl record or other recorded medium in such a way as to avoid detection by the casual listener. In some cases, the piece of music may simply have been left off the track listing, whilst in other cases more elaborate methods are used. In some rare cases a "hidden track" is actually the result of an error that occurred during the mastering stage of the record's production."

I was mean those "more elaborate methods", but it seems like the tracklisting trick makes song "hidden" as well... What a stupid bastard I am!

("QZers like to quote Wikipedia when their own facts and arguements are over" - from the book "QZ and its inhabitants" by Serry Vietinhoff)

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of the best stories i heard about hidden tracks was on a Beatles LP. Well, it wasn´t hidden but only dogs could hear it!

Take care

ScaramoucheFandango user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I found it on iTunes, but I already have some of the songs from that album, so what I really want to know is if it is a great song and I need to get it or if it is just an ok song and I can live without it.
(It is from album purchase only :( )

O_o
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 07, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its a great piece to drift off to sleep too. Or if your just chillin & want to relax. I used to put the stero speaker in the window & play that track on repeat while I gave out candy on Halloween.

"Take care of those you call your own"
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 07, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One cool thing about unlisted tracks is they're royalty-free. No writing credit, no copyright, so they're free for anyone to do whatever they want with. Cool huh?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bubbles the bunny wrote:

One cool thing about unlisted tracks is they're royalty-free. No writing credit, no copyright, so they're free for anyone to do whatever they want with. Cool huh?

That mightn't be entirely true, I mean - wouldn't it just count as the end of "A Beautiful Day Reprise"?

Hmmm!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not quite Bubbles.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=2111196&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID
http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=4658200&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Those two hidden tracks have songwriting and publishing credits, and it certainly wouldn't be possible to perform these without royalties being due.

Strangely though, I can't seem to find 'Track 13' on there, unless it's 'In Memoriam' aka 'Postlude In Memoriam'. Which would make sense given the name of the track, but not the songwriting credit.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts

vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Funny, the registered title of Yeah is 'Yeah'

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vadenuez wrote:

Funny, the registered title of Yeah is 'Yeah'

What else would it be registered as?

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bubbles the bunny wrote:

You couldn't be further from the truth; intellectual property rights are automatically attached to any work as soon as it is created; no separate copyright claims need to be made, only legal proof of having recorded/written/etc. said work on the claimed date is required.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

One of the best stories i heard about hidden tracks was on a Beatles LP. Well, it wasn´t hidden but only dogs could hear it!

I once heard about this too, but I forget which album it was. Can you refresh my memory?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca