Forums > Queen - General Discussion > No New Queen album without Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Bri-Anns Permed Poodle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am a follower of the once great Brians Permed Poodle or BPP for short.

I am dedicated to the cause.

No Freddie = No Queen.

I therefore urge people to honour Freddie's memory and do not buy any new Queen album with the overated Paul Rodgers on it.

I thank you.

Rodgers Out. No Queen album without Freddie.

Freddie was Queen
skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ bam bam baduuuuuuuum!!!!!!! :O *dramatic drum roll in the background.....*

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now May reckons he gets bored of playing the old songs....well give it the f*ck away then. You're cashing in on the name and legacy now.

One things for sure, overwhelmingly people will see Queen+ for the nostalgia, not to hear new songs. Get used to playing the back catalogue for a while yet if you want to continue as Queen+

He wants to step back and realise that whilst he may be bored with playing the old songs, he should thank his lucky stars that millions of people STILL want to listen to them

.......sadly for Brian, the ghost of Freddie Mercury isn't going to be easy to exorcise

My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not going to urge someone who's interested in their new stuff not to buy it. As for me, I'll be so sad to see their new stuff released as a new Queen one, because Queen are Freddie, Brian, Roger and John. Brian himself too said so. I can't help but think that Brian has changed from what he was when he said so.
But I hope there's no more too much controversy among QZ. That reminds me of the old one we had soon after the news of Queen+Paul Rodgers tours was announced.

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't bought Return Of The Champions. I don't want to hear Brian and Roger do Bad Company songs or Paul Rodgers sing songs that were made famous by Freddie Mercury.

I hardly discuss this and ignore it when someone asks me what I think of Paul Rodgers fronting Brian and Roger (Queen... 50%)

I'm actually sad that Brian and Roger go on like this. Now an album they've recorded? Pretty lame really. If I met Brian and Roger I'd tell them to keep the Queen name off the album, or at least cut it in half, and I'm not joking. It's horrible that Roger and Brian think Queen exhists without Freddie and John.. what the hell are they thinking?

Freddie Mercury would of been famous with Brian and Roger... I guarantee that he'd of been famous one way or another. And I doubt Brian and Roger would of been famous with anyone else... just look at the 'Tim Staffel Experience'

There's too many interviews of Freddie listing musicians he liked... not once did he say Paul Rodgers... it's horrible that Roger says Paul was Freddie's favorite singer. I've never heard him say that out of any interview and I've heard a lot of interviews.

I like Bad Company but I don't like Paul Rodgers very much as a person. Remember how he doesn't answer his fan mail? It sends an automatic reply to everyone who e-mails him, and it's the same message every time.

I personally think John Deacon should take legal action against Brian and Roger about the Queen name on Roger, Brian, and Paul projects.

Roger and Brian better hope they don't end up with Freddie when they die, cause Freddie's going to be doing some major ass kicking, not to mention if he see's Paul, he'll spit in his face.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bri-Anns Permed Poodle wrote:

No Freddie = No Queen.

I therefore urge people to honour Freddie's memory and do not buy any new Queen album with the overated Paul Rodgers on it.

I thank you.

And I thank you for sharing your feeling, buttercup. Don't buy the record. Your problem is thus solved.

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kenny8 wrote:

Now May reckons he gets bored of playing the old songs....well give it the f*ck away then. You're cashing in on the name and legacy now.

One things for sure, overwhelmingly people will see Queen+ for the nostalgia, not to hear new songs. Get used to playing the back catalogue for a while yet if you want to continue as Queen+

He wants to step back and realise that whilst he may be bored with playing the old songs, he should thank his lucky stars that millions of people STILL want to listen to them

.......sadly for Brian, the ghost of Freddie Mercury isn't going to be easy to exorcise

yeah i love the old stuff and hope they continue to play some key songs, but i am personally looking forward to new material.

i still have a few Queen related things to get (guest appearances, solo, cross, etc) but i want some more material for the 2 of them working together.

I will be first in line in my neck of the woods for the new disk, video, tour..whatever

Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go smoke somethin you a-holes. I wold ove a Queen and PR album. yes I said it, QUEEN. They were in the band, they know whats appropriate nd inappropriate and have been classy as hell overal since Freddie died. They really feel right abot working with PR so thats good enugh for me to at the very least give them a chance. If they wanted to do it for money they woudve gone on tour with George Michael in '93. Or woulddve chose Robbie Williams, he could've prbably sold more tickets but obviouly they didn go tha route bcause they feel they can do something special with PR.

smileexpert user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I vote that this discussion be moved to a completely NEW category...

Queen - Useless Discussion

If you don't want the album - don't buy it.
If you don't want to see a concert - don't go.
If you don't support Q+PR - keep it to yourself.

Blablabla...I dont support it...blablablablablablablablablablabla...it's not Queen without Freddie...blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla...

Whatever...

...for what it's worth.

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

smileexpert wrote:

bla bla bla
Whatever...

...for what it's worth.

Nothing, just an immature waste of bandwidth.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion. At least you prove the mentality of those who believe Queen+whoever is equal to the original Queen.

I suggest you go to a Queen+Paul Rodgers site, not a Queen one......and show some fucking respect for Freddie Mercury, without him and him alone this farrago wouldn't be happening anyway.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie wasn't Queen you dumbass.

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.*.Messenger Of Leah.*. wrote:

It's horrible that Roger and Brian think Queen exhists without Freddie and John.. what the hell are they thinking?

Especially after stating originally that without Freddie "there isn't a band called Queen"

Like appearing on American Idol, this is just another attempt to make money from ignorant kids too young to experience having the real Queen as a living, working band. At the same time they alienate and disappoint long time fans and destroy what remains of their credibility.

I'm not at all advocating they give up touring or recording at all. Nobody could care less if they called themselves "May,Taylor&Rodgers" or some such, but the reality there is that we all know, whether we admit it or not that the name Queen is what sells tickets. You know the two who are left must know deep down that they couldn't get away with this had Freddie actually quit the band at some point. He was loyal to them to the day that he passed away. That's a special kind of loyalty right there and something that those left behind should honour till their dying day.

akindofmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 769 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 07, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the people that says «Queen were Freddie», «Freddie was a champion even without Bri and Rog, but the latters would be losers without him», « Freddie the only good songwriters inside Queen..no on the whole world!!», these people are abvously fags! Not intend to insult anyone, but i can see some corporative action. Gay People tend to hyperbolate other gay people! Cmon guys, you still have George Michael or Elton John! Leave us, and Queen+PR, alone!!

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 00:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

akindofmagic wrote:

Gay People tend to hyperbolate other gay people! Cmon guys, you still have George Michael or Elton John! Leave us, and Queen+PR, alone!!

What a load of insulting rubbish. Are you retarded? You should be ashamed of yourself with that sort of crap on a Queen site for cryin out loud

Look at the photo at the top of the page...that's Queen, the four of them

Vantrini user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi i am johnny and in 2005 queen+pr brought out return of the champions, and i have to say the only song i actually listened to was bohemian rhapsody, the other three or maybe five was brians '39 and freddie's love of my life(not as good as the wembley performance by freddie) and rogers say it's not tue (never heard it before and i have to say it was alright) and the others being his won songs radio ga ga and these are the days of our lives(no where near as good as freddie's last performance)

I know i might be tempted to by the new album and probably won't but i do think that this will nat pay off and queen should stick to nostalgic songs performed with freddie and i do feel as if that is a tribute as it stands

Johnny vantrini

you can be anything you want to be just turn yourself inot something you think that you can be, be the great pretender with your tempo
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Freddie = No Queen.

I thank you.
]

or I could still buy it to complete my collection because as much as I dislike Paul's eyes, it has Roger and Brian in it

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh god, another fucking waste of time. Don't you people have girlfriends / boyfriends ?

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Faron Hyte wrote:

No Freddie = No Queen.

I thank you.

And I thank you for sharing your feeling, buttercup. Don't buy the record. Your problem is thus solved.

I just had to laugh out loud at that one! :)

pittrek wrote:

Oh god, another fucking waste of time. Don't you people have girlfriends / boyfriends ?

I do. She's at home studying for an accountancy examination. Which explains why I'm wasting my time in moronic threads like this one.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my... the Poodlians are back. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

Raststätte-Knödel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Eppiekleppie
Raststätte-Knödel
Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1/2Queen+Paul Rodgers= some kind of maths it looks like

Kunst-Raststätte