Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Maybe however full Knebworth video exists?...

forum rss feed
Author

Seven_Seas_Of_Rhye II user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After the news of Mannheim ZDF video tapes and watching lovely Knebworth video bootleg again, I ask myself - is it possible that someone doesn't put wires into some video recorder and record all that we see on the screen to tapes?!

OK, OK, I understand I could look very annoying - we have this topic every month I guess. But I just imagine - a lot of technic-men are preparing the stage with all cables, cameras etc... And it is KNEBWORTH PARK with more than 100 000 people. It's a historic gig. And noone put wires and recorded... I can't believe. I even think that some professional recorder was equipped and the concert was recorded (filmed).

Some years ago someone from queenzone sent me the photo of archive-shelves with professional video tapes on them titled 'Queen 09-08-86'. And as I remember a collector said that this photo was taken by his friend who worked in archive.

I know we look like children: "could be filmed?!", "couldn't be filmed?!" ... But we cannot suppose and dream... :-)))

Take this letter that I give you

Take it sonny hold it high

You won't understand a word that's in it

But you'll write it all again before you die
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, there isn't a person here with a crystal ball that could say IT IS IMPOSSIBLE that Knebworth was video'd and preserved.

It is highly unlikely though. No one did it 'officially' and the guy upstairs (Brian) says there's nothing.
I really do think we're just lucky to have what we do from that day - film looks better than video anyway! (I refer to the DoRo stuff).

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The best we can hope for is an audio-CD release one day.

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Look, there isn't a person here with a crystal ball that could say IT IS IMPOSSIBLE that Knebworth was video'd and preserved.

It is highly unlikely though. No one did it 'officially' and the guy upstairs (Brian) says there's nothing.
I really do think we're just lucky to have what we do from that day - film looks better than video anyway! (I refer to the DoRo stuff).

Uh yeah, Zebonka... I know, hope that Brian's wrong...

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It's a historic gig"

For whom it was historic gig in August of 1986?

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seven_Seas_Of_Rhye II wrote:

After the news of Mannheim ZDF video tapes and watching lovely Knebworth video bootleg again, I ask myself - is it possible that someone doesn't put wires into some video recorder and record all that we see on the screen to tapes?!

There is a lot more to recording something in these circumstances then just putting some wires into a device!
If it was that easy, then 'yes' a lot more concerts from a lot more artists would have been recorded over the years.

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some years ago someone from queenzone sent me the photo of archive-shelves with professional video tapes on them titled 'Queen 09-08-86'. And as I remember a collector said that this photo was taken by his friend who worked in archive.

Those weren't video tapes, but multitrack audio tapes.

ermin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally see Serry's point. No one knew back then this was the last concert for Freddie. Of course, if they knew, they would've made sure they recorded it.

I would like to hear the whole concert in audio, however. I believe audio recording exists.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ermin wrote:

I totally see Serry's point. No one knew back then this was the last concert for Freddie. Of course, if they knew, they would've made sure they recorded it.

I would like to hear the whole concert in audio, however. I believe audio recording exists.

Yes it does. And there is also a full bootleg video available, filmed from the big screen.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The point is is that someone DID film and record SOME of the concert! PROFESSIONALLY!!! That's the thing that drives me and others F'n nUtS is because they had all the cameras, used the big screens to show the concert to the 250,000 people, RECORDED some beginning parts with Queen arriving in the hellecopter AND from above...unprecendented angles and coverage...UNPRECENTED shots...and yet no one thought to keep recording? Someone said at some point...to stop doing it. OR someone said we only need so much film. It really isn't logical at all is all I and others are saying. Who knows?

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Vietinhoff wrote:

"It's a historic gig"

You always pull out something from the text and make questioned '?'. Where is your thoughts on it?!

It's always historic gig for every band and it doesn't matter how many touring years could follows by. Knebworth is the important 'destination' for every band. Remember Led Zeppelin in 1979? BUT EVEN MORE - Led Zeppelin had their two shows in the frame of festival. Queen is nearly the first band who played a single concert - not a festival (Of course, there were supported Status Quo + two names).

Great site by the way, guys to look at:

http://www.knebworthhouse.com/

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I always pull out something, because I always find something that needs to be pull out. If someone writes long research in the maths and put "2+2=5" line there - I'll pul it out too.

"The important 'destination' for every band" was not even planned before the Magic Tour. Historic gigs for the band members were Rainbow, Hammersmith, maybe Wembley, Hyde Park. But definitely Knebworth Park wasn't historic gig for "technic-men are preparing the stage with all cables, cameras etc". You're asking the question about possibility, but you don't want to hear answers which are deny that possibility. Don't ask then.

(My thoughts about the KP video tape was posted in one of the other threads about it)

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

"The point is is that someone DID film and record SOME of the concert! PROFESSIONALLY!!!"

Torpedo Twins aka DoRo.

"used the big screens to show the concert to the 250,000 people"

120 000 - 140 000

"RECORDED some beginning parts with Queen arriving in the hellecopter AND from above...unprecendented angles and coverage...UNPRECENTED shots...and yet no one thought to keep recording? Someone said at some point...to stop doing it. OR someone said we only need so much film. It really isn't logical at all is all I and others are saying."

All those footages you're talking about were filmed for the Magic Years documentary. They've filmed a lot of "alternate" footages from Wembley shows etc. etc. etc., but they were filming DOCUMENTARY, not a concert. There was not any need to film the whole show.

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brian said that concert wasnt recorded in its enterity
so, he said that its impossible to release that gig

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Vietinhoff wrote:

"It's a historic gig"

You always pull out something from the text and make questioned '?'. Where is your thoughts on it?!

It's always historic gig for every band and it doesn't matter how many touring years could follows by. Knebworth is the important 'destination' for every band. Remember Led Zeppelin in 1979? BUT EVEN MORE - Led Zeppelin had their two shows in the frame of festival. Queen is nearly the first band who played a single concert - not a festival (Of course, there were supported Status Quo + two names).

Great site by the way, guys to look at:

http://www.knebworthhouse.com/

Thanks for the link. How lovely. I had no idea!

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the AlexRocks post, Serry. I'm not agree with you. As Knebworth was pasted soon to the tour list near the end of the tour it doesn't mean that it wasn't considered 'historic' by Queen at that time. But what were talking about? We need to ask Brian about if he felt it was historic concert at the evening of August 8th and when he was landing to the park on the helicopter next day.

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You became 'Serry...' again? :-) Nice.

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Vietinhoff wrote:

You're asking the question about possibility, but you don't want to hear answers which are deny that possibility. Don't ask then.

I'm 80% sure the tapes are missing but there is still 20% and I wanna hope. Brian could be wrong.
Wembley is 'maybe' historic concert? ......

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's funny how this same topic came up last year and ended in the same way, e.g. certain people thinking it must be out there and not listening to anyone's opinion to the contrary, etc. etc.

If Brian says it's not there and Doro say they didn't film it all, then that's a pretty good indication that it isn't out there.

Also, I'd like to point out that if they (doro) were a business, they wouldn't film the concert for two reasons. 1, they're not allowed as they would need the right to film it in its entirety and 2, their own costs for materials, cameras, film, etc. etc. would have led to extra costs they may not have wanted to incur.

But I guess some people NEED to see some shred of evidence that it's impossible before they'll say the words, maybe not then.

Adam.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

The point is is that someone DID film and record SOME of the concert! PROFESSIONALLY!!! That's the thing that drives me and others F'n nUtS is because they had all the cameras, used the big screens to show the concert to the 250,000 people, RECORDED some beginning parts with Queen arriving in the hellecopter AND from above...unprecendented angles and coverage...UNPRECENTED shots...and yet no one thought to keep recording? Someone said at some point...to stop doing it. OR someone said we only need so much film. It really isn't logical at all is all I and others are saying. Who knows?

I´m talking from memory here:

That footage from the band arriving to the stage was filmed by two diferent sources. Doro productions and the cameras feeding the big screen. The footage you see in the big screen is not from the Doro cameras, but the footage you see in the Magic Years 3 is from the Doro cameras.

And since there wasn´t any video recorder videotaping those images, there is no video. This Brian is shure, because they didn´t found any in the archives.

Now, when they say that there might be something, the only thing that there is is the footage from Doro cameras. You can see "Is this the World We created" in Magic years 3 from one of Doro cameras.
I think i can spot at least 3 different cameras, and one was shooting the audience. If a video exists, why only a bad camera angle made it to magic years?

It´s beyound comprehension why they didn´t recorded at least what was being filmed from the big screen (in this case the costs would be 0) but we have to accept it.

Take care