Forums > Queen - General Discussion > If all these things are official............

forum rss feed
Author

simps user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 07, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If a bunch of videos and audio recordings are official,then why the heck does QP not release them?????????????????

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They only (re)release something new when they're ABSOLUTELY SURE that they're gonna make an extra buck off of it.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

simps wrote:

If a bunch of videos and audio recordings are official,then why the heck does QP not release them?????????????????

Official but unreleased? What do you mean?

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Vietinhoff wrote:

simps wrote:

Official but unreleased? What do you mean?

I think he's questioning the legality of bootlegs and material like that and the copyright issues that can be argued for and against them.

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 07, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the original poster is venting his anger at not being able to download out-of-print stuff via Queenzone.

simps user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No like,the Budapest show,it was never shared here because people say it's official,but it hasn't been realeased in the U.S. as far of my knowing.

(this is not a request for the Budapest show,that's just an example)

So if they have all these official things why do they not release them?

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They don't care. That pretty much sums it up.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

simps wrote:

No like,the Budapest show,it was never shared here because people say it's official,but it hasn't been realeased in the U.S. as far of my knowing.

(this is not a request for the Budapest show,that's just an example)

So if they have all these official things why do they not release them?

They have released them. Just not in the US.

It's not as if "nothing is released until it's released in the US", is it?

Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 07, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the point is, that heaps of stuff had been released in the past, but these days it seems to be out of print. Which is annoying for new fans, because they have to buy stuff from ebay or anywhere, and they can't be sure about the quality or things are hard to get too.

And because VCRs are so out of fashion now that most people don't have them, they can't watch Greatest Flix I (which includes the old original Bicycle Race video or the intro compilation video with Killer Queen), Box of Flix (videos in original format, including the Innuendo videos and a different video for Liar), Rare Live, Budapest, Magic Years, Champions of the World, most of the first half of the Tribute Concert which was on VHS...

Record players are even more out of fashion, but you probably want A Human Body, A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling, Blurred Vision etc. without downloading it as mp3 or bootleg, since you're a "good" fan. So you got to get the original singles and can't play them maybe...

Lots of reasons why things have become rare-ish these days, and I understand a fan's or new fan's point of view. But then...there's not a lot we all can do about it, other than saying "Under NO circumstances can we share it with you on here, because it's official", which is oftentimes ridiculous, like with the Queen For An Hour interview.

Jan