Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Stupid Question: But...

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But why don't the remaining of Queen hire guys like Gary Mullen or that other dude who sing almost exactly like Freddie?



Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, that is a stupid question.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would you like me to ask the band for you?


"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=009966>?Freya? wrote:

Yes, that is a stupid question.



...


That was going to be MY line

:(


You beat me to it. Dammit!!!


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, that is true. They would get hell for hiring a Freddie imitator.

But that other thread, the guy who did this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=111999555


I mean, this guy sounds exactly like Freddie, 95-99%. I'd rather see and hear THIS guy sing and perform Queen songs than Paul Rogers. Nobody can replace Freddie. But if they had a guy who sounded exactly like Freddie, why not hire him, instead of a guy like Paul Rogers who sounds too different, and changes the band too much.

My point is, if they are going to perform as Queen again, they should've hired someone who sounds similar to Freddie. Maybe George Michael, or this guy.






SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I disagree that you disagree with me.

I think most Queen fans go to Queen concerts because of the past, because of FM.

Nobody goes to hear PR sing Queen songs.

Why do people go to Queen imitator concerts? I think for the same reason why Queen fans attend Queen + PR concerts.

Brian and Roger are kidding themselves if they think this new Queen + PR act is something fans TRULY want. Nobody wants that. Queen + PR is not Queen. But people go because they have nostalgic feelings.

Therefore, Queen should give what people want.

As close to the original Queen feeling as possible. Nobody wants an entirely new Queen.





steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:



I think most Queen fans go to Queen concerts because of the past, because of FM.


The past is the past.

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Nobody goes to hear PR sing Queen songs.


Queen fans who are Paul Rodgers fans might want to hear it.

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Brian and Roger are kidding themselves if they think this new Queen + PR act is something fans TRULY want. Nobody wants that.


I want that.


"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Mercuryking user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 07, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I completly agree that they should hire MERCURY to sing for them. Especially when they have had all these 100 crappy singers throughout the years singin with them, why not take mercury.

4freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think since the fans know they will never be able to see Freddie at least let them hear him..........or someone that sounds like him

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4PNH_GWwc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-Q1DeaPFM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FQCyhrvHmA


kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0033 face=symbol>Freddie wrote:


The past is the past.


...and without it they wouldn't have much of a reason to carry on.



Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because the real Freddie would lost his value and Queen-music would look and sound ridiculous.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

I disagree that you disagree with me.

I think most Queen fans go to Queen concerts because of the past, because of FM.

Nobody goes to hear PR sing Queen songs.

Why do people go to Queen imitator concerts? I think for the same reason why Queen fans attend Queen + PR concerts.

Brian and Roger are kidding themselves if they think this new Queen + PR act is something fans TRULY want. Nobody wants that. Queen + PR is not Queen. But people go because they have nostalgic feelings.

Therefore, Queen should give what people want.

As close to the original Queen feeling as possible. Nobody wants an entirely new Queen.





How long will it take you to come to the realization that out of the entire population of this forum, only about 10 people agree with your insane views? You know what that means? That you are NOT in a position to judge what "the fans" like. You don't represent THEM. YOU represent the braindead STEPFORDS.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I represent the brain dead stepfords, then the brain dead stepfords are right!

Brian May + Roger Taylor + Paul Rogers is not Queen.

People don't go to Queen + PR concerts for new material or new albums. They are not fans of the new weird Queen. They are fans of the old classic Queen.

If you don't understand this, then WHO are YOU to call ME braindead?



SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blue>Rick wrote:

Because the real Freddie would lost his value and Queen-music would look and sound ridiculous.


Freddie will never lose his value.

As weird and ridiculous as it may look, calling Queen Brian May + Roger Taylor + Paul Rogers is also just as weird and ridiculous.

Furthermore, the new "Queen" making a new "Queen" album is ridiculous also.



Mercuryking user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

<font color=blue>Rick wrote:

Because the real Freddie would lost his value and Queen-music would look and sound ridiculous.


Freddie will never lose his value.

As weird and ridiculous as it may look, calling Queen Brian May + Roger Taylor + Paul Rogers is also just as weird and ridiculous.

Furthermore, the new "Queen" making a new "Queen" album is ridiculous also.




Yes, Queen with paul rodgers frankly SUCKS. 1. Paul isnt a great singer, 2. They play the songs so slow it makes u sleep. 3. Freddie would not have approved this.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Brian and Roger are kidding themselves if they think this new Queen + PR act is something fans TRULY want. Nobody wants that.
I'm a fan, and I TRULY want it.


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Bob-Plant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But if they had a guy who sounded exactly like Freddie, why not hire him, instead of a guy like Paul Rogers who sounds too different, and changes the band too much.

My point is, if they are going to perform as Queen again, they should've hired someone who sounds similar to Freddie. Maybe George Michael, or this guy.

I realize this comparison is a bit of a stretch, but as far as Paul changing the band, sometimes that's a good thing. When Brian Jones left/was dismissed from the Stones, they brought in Mick Taylor and some peole claimed they would never listen to them again, this was an outrage, how could they do that etc. In retrospect, most peole agree this was the golden age of the Stones. Now obviously changing the greatest lead singer in rock history is not the same as changing a guitarist with declining abilities and it is very unlikely that Q + PR will surpass Queen at their best, but maybe we should just give the new album a chance and see what happens.







"The things you have to do for money..."
SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson II: The Revenge! wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Brian and Roger are kidding themselves if they think this new Queen + PR act is something fans TRULY want. Nobody wants that.
I'm a fan, and I TRULY want it.


Yeah sure. Let's see what happens when the new album is released ok?

If you are right, then Queen will sell MILLIONS of copies of the new album.

if you are wrong, then Queen's latest album will be a failure.


The people will speak with their wallets, and I think most people will say NO!


Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bladiebla.

Get the hell out of here then. Sjeez.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

kedo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 07, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All we know that that guy can imitate freddie but can he write new lyric melodies and sing them like freddie??? ammm i really really dont' think so.. he can imitate him (on old songs!!!) but he cannot think and feel like him in order to write new songs


queen rocks