Forums > Queen - General Discussion > One Vision w/out distorted vocals

forum rss feed
Author

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Simple question, does a studio version of One Vision without the distorted intro vocals exist, and if so, where can I get it?

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There shouldn't be one actually, as the distorted or slowed-down bits would have been done separately, to be distorted later. If that makes any sense. (edit: actually it doesn't make sense, I can't forumulate what I'm trying to say)

However I would imagine there's some mixes without any of that at all, if that's what you mean. Probably a simpler, direct mix exists before that stuff was added, or if not, it could be remixed that way. If so, it would probably just start on the first guitar riff. I haven't heard of any such mix being leaked though.

Hmm, now that I think about, a fan mix could probably be attempted, using Brian's bits of playing the synth lines by themselves in the 'making of' thing from GVH 2 and Magic Years.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bubbles the bunny wrote:

Hmm, now that I think about, a fan mix could probably be attempted, using Brian's bits of playing the synth lines by themselves in the 'making of' thing from GVH 2 and Magic Years.

I think that was already done last year. It was all the bits of the studio stuff along with the actual song. There was also a demo type version where someone edited all the bits and pieces from the magic years vid into a fuller version.

Adam.

andyhwood485 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know what is being said at the begining?..... i have wondered for years what is actually being said.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andyhwood485 wrote:

Does anyone know what is being said at the begining?..... i have wondered for years what is actually being said.

God works in mysterious ways

andyhwood485 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You learn something every day......i first saw the making of One Vision on The Magic Years when i bought them on VHS back in the 1980's and i can still hear Freddie saying, 'God works in mysterious ways, and hey people, around the world, I look forward to those glorious days once again!'...then in come Briam with his guitar....... all this tme it has been staring me in the face!

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andyhwood485 wrote:

'God works in mysterious ways, and hey people, around the world, I look forward to those glorious days once again!!

Very prophetic!

Take care