Forums > Queen - General Discussion > New Queen album is a MORTAL SIN

forum rss feed
Author

NEOLOGiX user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heartily agree that Queen shouldn't release a new album without Freddie Mercury... and not only without Freddie Mercury, but also without John Deacon.

I mean, Queen are like an iconic figure for me. How the hell can they decide to release new music without two of their members. That was what was so great about it - the four of them contributed and made songs together. Who the hell is Paul Rodgers anyway? Queen are known for the falmboyant ways of Freddie on stage - I mean that was one of the great things about Queen. What, is this 50-something Rodgers gonna perform like Freddie? Running around with the Union Jack and the microphone stand? The bastard would have a bloody heart attack.

Nobody can ever replace Freddie. He himself said it on Live at Wembley '86, Who Wants To Live Forever - "we'll stay together till we bloody well die, I'm sure of it". Well he's dead, and now two of the surviving members are replacing him???? They're in it for the money OBVIOUSLY. They're disgracing the Queen name by making an album with Paul Rodgers. If they want they should just create a new band and make an album with him. Not Queen + Paul Rodgers. That's bullshit.

I think Deacon did the best choice by retiring back in the 1990s.

What I'd like to see is the three of them performing live once more, playing their classic songs, and using a good vocalist... some guy who was big in the 70s like Queen... I dunno, maybe Elton John or Paul McCartney or something.

We are what we repeatedly do.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YOU'RE ALL GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR THE NEW QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS ALBUM THAT HASN'T EVEN BEEN RECORDED YET!!!! REPENT, SINNERS, REPENT!!!!! THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON IS!!!!! MAKE GOOD WITH LORD MERCURY OR THOU SHALT ALL BURN FOR ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RIP SMILE.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh hey Zeb, apparently ol' PT said on his site that the 'oo are coming to Oz later this year. Just wanted to let you know.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh! OH! OH FUCK YEAH
If they leave Perth offa the list, I might have to go twist his windmilling arm and teach him a lesson.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They were in Sydney three years ago... and in Auckland, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Melbourne almost forty years ago... of course, I have no fucking clue if any of those cities are near Perth, and I'm almost certain that Auckland is in New Zealand...

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

If I go to Hell for listening to Q+PR, does that mean I'm going to be where Freddie is ?
... Or is that a different level of Hell ?
... Is it walking distance ?

I always do get them mixed up...

Regardless, Hell should be a fantastic place - I hear that anyone who was anyone is there.

Shh shh, you're interrupting my conversation with Zebonka about The Who! In fact, this thread is now about The Who and all their greatness.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, Perth is a nice enough place, but it's bloody isolated. I think we're close to Singapore than we are the East Coast - or something ridiculous like that...

Anyway it shouldn't be an issue. You'd think The Who have enough money to fly over here!!

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And yet another mentally deficient finds his way to Queenzone.

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I disagree, I think they should kick Paul out of a plane, and then get someone with a better voice and nice eyes, but they're not replacing Freddie, they're just continuing there love of music with another artist, but I still think that they shouldn't call it Queen, maybe Death Rides A Sandwich or something

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 07, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

~yawn~

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NEOLOGiX wrote:

I heartily agree that Queen shouldn't release a new album without Freddie Mercury... and not only without Freddie Mercury, but also without John Deacon.

I mean, Queen are like an iconic figure for me. How the hell can they decide to release new music without two of their members. That was what was so great about it - the four of them contributed and made songs together. Who the hell is Paul Rodgers anyway? Queen are known for the falmboyant ways of Freddie on stage - I mean that was one of the great things about Queen. What, is this 50-something Rodgers gonna perform like Freddie? Running around with the Union Jack and the microphone stand? The bastard would have a bloody heart attack.

Nobody can ever replace Freddie. He himself said it on Live at Wembley '86, Who Wants To Live Forever - "we'll stay together till we bloody well die, I'm sure of it". Well he's dead, and now two of the surviving members are replacing him???? They're in it for the money OBVIOUSLY. They're disgracing the Queen name by making an album with Paul Rodgers. If they want they should just create a new band and make an album with him. Not Queen + Paul Rodgers. That's bullshit.

I think Deacon did the best choice by retiring back in the 1990s.

What I'd like to see is the three of them performing live once more, playing their classic songs, and using a good vocalist... some guy who was big in the 70s like Queen... I dunno, maybe Elton John or Paul McCartney or something.
I have a lot of respect for john Deacon for retiring, Queen are no more. I think we all agree on that, but I still think paul, brian, and roger could be a all star rock band. Queen?...it's definitely not queen, it sounds nothing like them. Your showing a bit of ignorance by saying "Who is paul rodgers?" he's only one of the best rock singers in history.

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

your face is a mortal sin >.>

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YAWN. A Mortal Sin? lol. How fucking stupid can one person be?

Hello you rock and rollers!
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Neologix : take a photo of your beloved Freddie and go fuck yourself, dirty asshole.

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one's forcing you to listen to it you know

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Neologix : take a photo of your beloved Freddie and go fuck yourself, dirty asshole.

Nice. lol. Don't bring Freddie into this.

Hello you rock and rollers!
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when is the new cd coming out ? cant wait :)

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
bobo the chimp

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well if it's anything like The Who's last effort, I can't wait.

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 06:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I spose I can handle listening to it, I still don't like Paul's eyes though

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.