The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen
Puebla, Mexico
Estadio Cuauhtémoc
October 17, 1981

This is a merge of two sources from the first night in Puebla. There are still a few parts missing between songs, but this is most likely the best quality and most complete version of this concert we'll ever hear. About 95% of the show comes from an almost excellent first generation tape, and I filled in the gaps with an inferior source. The better source was shared at Queenzone last year in mp3, but luckily I managed to track down the lossless version.

Source 1 lineage: AUD > Master > 1st generation tape > WAV > CDR (1) > WAV > FLAC frontend (level 8)
Source 2 lineage: AUD > Master > cassette (x) > WAV > CDR (x) > WAV > FLAC frontend (level 8)

Disc 1:
Speech
Overture
We Will Rock You (fast)
Let Me Entertain You
Play The Game
Somebody To Love
Killer Queen
I'm In Love With My Car
Get Down, Make Love
Save Me
Now I'm Here
Dragon Attack
Now I'm Here (reprise)
Love Of My Life

Disc 2:
Keep Yourself Alive
Drum Solo
Guitar Solo
Flash
The Hero
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Bohemian Rhapsody
Tie Your Mother Down
Another One Bites The Dust
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
God Save The Queen

Priceless moments: During the middle of NIH, Freddie reacts to the rowdy audience throwing shoes at the band: "Feels like bloody Chelsea Cobbler, I tell you!" (for those who don't know, Chelsea Cobbler is a men's shoe store in London). And at the end of the show, he says "Thank you for the shoes! Adios amigos, you motherfuckers! You bunch of tacos, goodbye!" However, it's worth noting that on the second night, these were his closing words: "Thank you for being a totally different audience tonight. We all thank you." The stories often circulate that Queen's concerts in Mexico were horrible for the band, but the bootlegs reveal that it was just the one concert in Puebla that gave them problems. Fans who attended the Monterrey show have also said their concert went smoothly. As for what happened in Mexico outside the concert venues, that's another story!

Here are the links to all five parts:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nl2zoijejd
http://www.mediafire.com/?9ndnyvfgwoz
http://www.mediafire.com/?bwg4nwm13oe
http://www.mediafire.com/?a2jozwdzzcz
http://www.mediafire.com/?0iizwwznbzk

later addition, the complete Now I'm Here - http://www.mediafire.com/?7jo92nnzbt1

Distribute these files only if they are left completely unaltered. As always with my shares, be sure that this recording is not made available at Queenzone or elsewhere in mp3 or any other lossy format. Keep lossless files lossless.

Enjoy!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Cygnus X-1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cygnus X-1
Bohemian: 498 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you so much for sharing another Queen treasure! Your stuff is awesome, really special!

PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Waaauuuuh
Thank you very much Siiiiiir BOB. ;-]

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
dogwithabone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 282 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thankyou Sir GH - as always!!!

kudilja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 412 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Bob, you`re good man!! thanks a million!

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Bob!

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another one ... thankyou :)

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Sir Bob for this concert... but since anonymous proxy brought me lots of problems, i'll wait until someone else torrent it.

Thanks you so much.

Life Is A Bitch...

Maruga

Thank you Sir Bob for this concert... but since anonymous proxy brought me lots of problems, i'll wait until someone else torrent it.

Thanks you so much.

Life Is A Bitch...

Maruga

Thanks you so much.

Life Is A Bitch...

stark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 376 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's great of you to share - thank you.

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2256 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you, Sir GH! I gotta do some backup, Queenzone has been amazing last weeks! :D

Maruga, que hubo? It's working fine for me, did you have any trouble?

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
Maruga

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira wrote:

Thank you, Sir GH! I gotta do some backup, Queenzone has been amazing last weeks! :D

Maruga, que hubo? It's working fine for me, did you have any trouble?

Cheers,

Ogre-

First of all, sorry for the 3 posts... Yes, i got problems downloading Edinburgh... after use the anonymous proxy my download speed went down, queenzone didn't open in one day, and other webpages freezed.

Life Is A Bitch...

Maruga

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="blue">Maruga wrote:

I hope you can answer me.

I'm always happy to answer. :)

The first link is from Oct 17, which is the same show as the one I shared. That one is also a compilation, and I took a couple pieces from that one, which is the inferior source. The majority of my copy sounds better than that one.

The second link is from the second night (sometimes it's mislabeled as Oct 16). I've got a second generation recording of that night, and it sounds very good... but not quite as good as the first night. If Martin's recording is the commonly circulating one, then mine should sound a bit better. I have another copy of that show including the part with I Go Crazy, but it really doesn't sound too good. In theory, I could make a mix of those two sources, but overall, they just don't sound nearly as good as the first night.

Therefore, I honestly don't think I want to share that one here, because there are many other recordings that are a lot better quality and, in my mind, more worthy of being shared. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to share a third gen copy of Oakland 80 next, in EX quality. Or do you have any other requests?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Oakland '80 copy is 3th generation too -not sure- but I don't like how it sounds, so it would be a nice upgrade ;-D

Many thanks for this again Bobster!

misabeat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 103 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Sir Gh, I truly appreciate you sharing all these wonderful concerts. Long live flac and all the wonderful people on QZ who share them. Take care

Maruga

Posted: 25 Jan 07, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

<b><font color="blue">Maruga wrote:

I hope you can answer me.

I'm always happy to answer. :)

The first link is from Oct 17, which is the same show as the one I shared. That one is also a compilation, and I took a couple pieces from that one, which is the inferior source. The majority of my copy sounds better than that one.

The second link is from the second night (sometimes it's mislabeled as Oct 16). I've got a second generation recording of that night, and it sounds very good... but not quite as good as the first night. If Martin's recording is the commonly circulating one, then mine should sound a bit better. I have another copy of that show including the part with I Go Crazy, but it really doesn't sound too good. In theory, I could make a mix of those two sources, but overall, they just don't sound nearly as good as the first night.

Therefore, I honestly don't think I want to share that one here, because there are many other recordings that are a lot better quality and, in my mind, more worthy of being shared. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to share a third gen copy of Oakland 80 next, in EX quality. Or do you have any other requests?

Thank you very much for your quick answer Sir Bob...

I guess now i'll have both nights...

I have a request: Can you use http://uploadhosted.filefront.com please... it's very fast for upload and download... try it once first ;)

Life Is A Bitch...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard

Posted: 26 Jan 07, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I promise, I'll try that site for my next share. But I have to say, this might be my last share for a little while. I'm moving to Toronto in a few days, and I won't have a lot of time to be on the computer. But if I have some spare time, I'll do what I can!

little foetus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 500 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 07, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much, Bob. We talked about the Liverpool 75 show, that would be a great upgrade if you could share your copy. ;)