Forums > Personal > Promised Land Of The Free Indeed....Teen Gets 10 Years For Consensual Sex

forum rss feed
Author

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/law/2007/01/27/sanchez.sex.offender.cnn','2007/02/10');
(copy link to your navigation bar)
A sodomy law from the fucking 18th Century. And still you call yourselves a civilized country?!

Do you still burn witches too, perhaps?!

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The full first line is the link, btw. Including the semi-colon.

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Country? Yes.

The county prosecutors? Shameful. Complete idiots. The idiots who changed the law in the state because of what happened in this case, but were too ignorant to make it retro-active? Complete ineptitude.

Why do you insist on painting with such a broad brush? I don't think that anyone, other than the punk prosecutors in this case, is deserving of that. They are thes one that deserve to be in prison....

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a better link, anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

B.J. - what a great name for his attorney!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a horrible verdict - to send a good boy to prison for nothing.

Sign the online petition and help with a small donation, they have paypal

http://www.wilsonappeal.com/index.php

I do not want any google ads here.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

What a horrible verdict - to send a good boy to prison for nothing.

Sign the online petition and help with a small donation, they have paypal

http://www.wilsonappeal.com/index.php

Thanks for this link, Barb (and TQ for calling attention to it). I hope everyone signs the petition and donates.

This situation is inexcusable. Everyone should be asking themselves what they would do if this happened to their child. If the law was overturned but specifically did not apply to your son/daughter, what would you do? Imagine the heartbreak. Convicted rapists get out in less time than this kid will. And he did nothing wrong. It's disgusting.

The 'system' will have succeeded only in turning a boy with a bright future into a justifiably angry man. Just what society needs.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

Country? Yes.

The county prosecutors? Shameful. Complete idiots. The idiots who changed the law in the state because of what happened in this case, but were too ignorant to make it retro-active? Complete ineptitude.

Why do you insist on painting with such a broad brush? I don't think that anyone, other than the punk prosecutors in this case, is deserving of that. They are thes one that deserve to be in prison....

The state that kept such a law for a century after it's overdue is retarded in my eyes.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

While I agree that the verdict is stupid you are once again painting the entire United States as an awful place. That state is not the only place in the entire world that has outdated laws.

You are using this awful verdict as another opportunity to bash the United States.

Trust me, you have NO idea what it's really like here.

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It has happened before in Georgia. Many husbands were arrested in the past for having been caught on tape anally fucking their wives. That is called 'sodomy' and it's a crime there. Georgia is a shitty state.
Sex should be okay as long as the participants of the fuck(the fucker/fuckor/fuckist and the fuckee) are atleast or almost 13 years old and use a condom. Sex is a good thing. Not everyone has it, but everybody should. Putting a kid in jail just because of a one-year disparity between the supposed age of the "victim" and the legal age of consent is...gay. Teens have sex everywhere. They fuck in the USA, Japan, India, the UK, the street, inside sewers, underneath their parents' beds, within closets...yeah, just about everywhere. Fuck and let fuck.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Everyone should be asking themselves what they would do if this happened to their child.
And he did nothing wrong.

To begin, the 10 year sentence is unfair, especially in light of what other child molesters have received (like that white schoolteacher mentioned in the article).

But let me point out one thing:
He helped plan a party that included younger teens, alcohol, marijuana, and videotaped sex. To say he "did nothing wrong" ignores those facts. If the 15 year old were my daughter, I would be justifiably angry with both her behavior and the behavior of those older boys.

EDIT - ah, Pieter beat me to it. I agree with what he said.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:

Sex should be okay as long as the participants of the fuck(the fucker/fuckor/fuckist and the fuckee) are atleast or almost 13 years old and use a condom.
Fuck and let fuck.

That is just incredibly stupid.

Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The young man arrested was admittedly not a saint...

That said, the punishment here does NOT fit the crime.

Should he have been in legal trouble over what happened? Absolutely. 60 days in jail perhaps? 3-5 years probation? Sure.

But, it should have had nothing to do with the sex act, and had to do with setting up the party where kids were drinking illegally, and using illegal drugs.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We should ban sex from our lives and lives of our children and lives of their children. No sex - no problem. Read the books rather!

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

Everyone should be asking themselves what they would do if this happened to their child.

He helped plan a party that included younger teens, alcohol, marijuana, and videotaped sex. To say he "did nothing wrong" ignores those facts.

Yes, it does ignore those facts, and so it's a mis-statement on my part. However, it was my understanding that the cause for his arrest and incarceration was the sex and nothing more, and so I agree with Haystacks...

Should he have been in legal trouble over what happened? Absolutely. 60 days in jail perhaps? 3-5 years probation? Sure.

But, it should have had nothing to do with the sex act, and had to do with setting up the party where kids were drinking illegally, and using illegal drugs.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

We should ban sex from our lives and lives of our children and lives of their children. No sex - no problem. Read the books rather!

lmao....

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

He helped plan a party that included younger teens, alcohol, marijuana, and videotaped sex. To say he "did nothing wrong" ignores those facts.

Yes, it does ignore those facts, and so it's a mis-statement on my part. However, it was my understanding that the cause for his arrest and incarceration was the sex and nothing more, and so I agree with Haystacks...

Yes, I agree with Haystacks as well. My only issue is that while we feel justifiably upset over the poor verdict, it should not ignore the other problems involved.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that's a stupid law. Two year age differences... it's like that up here in NH here too though.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 07, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fine words and wisdom from SC

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)