Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen on Dr Pepper commercial!!!

forum rss feed
Author

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 07, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry im all excited about it but they played 'i want it all' on a dr pepper commercial....


so whats the tally on queen songs and commercials?


why pay the visit when the visit is free?



"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 07, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hasn't I Want It All been on two commercials lately?


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 07, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

has it? i missed them apparently.


why pay the visit when the visit is free?



"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 07, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so far I have heard three Queen songs on ads...
Fat Bottomed Girls, We Will Rock You and Another One Bites The Dust


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
QueenTaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3881 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 07, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've also heard Under Pressure, The Invisible Man, One Vision, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love on commercials.


"May you all have champagne for breakfast." (: http://theroyalqueenspad.queenzone.com/
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 07, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We Will Rock You was on a sports water ad not long ago


"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 07, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

azzadude wrote:

I LLOOOVVEEEE Dr Pepper. but here in Aus they dont sell it. So i found this place called USAfoods.com.au and got a slab...eheheh 24 cans....I want it all!!! yeyyhhh eee yeaahhh!


I reckon we should be able to have it here


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jan 07, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

youtube link anywhere?


Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jan 07, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Maroon>Queen<font size=1> :P wrote:

I was watching 24 and I saw the I Want It All spot. It was interesting.



24? Wow! That's big-time advertising there! Huge exposure. I still haven't seen the ad myself, and I record a wide variety of stuff, so I'm just magically missing it everywhere I guess :-P

If it's not on youtube already (I haven't looked lately) and I catch it, I'll put it there soon as I can :)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jan 07, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll never forget that time two of my friends got into a hushed discussion over how to find Dr. Pepper in Perth. It was like watching the birth of a resistance movement.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I'll never forget that time two of my friends got into a hushed discussion over how to find Dr. Pepper in Perth. It was like watching the birth of a resistance movement.


Fortunately Aussies may order online now, at places such as http://www.usafoods.com.au

;)

Hmm, a 12 pack which is normally about $4 here is $17.50 AUS which is.. $13.56 U.S. A bit pricey but when you gotta have your Dr. Pepper..

http://www.usafoods.com.au/p986/sodas/dr-pepper/

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

azzadude wrote:

<font color=Mercury>Larry Lurex's Girl wrote:

azzadude wrote:

I LLOOOVVEEEE Dr Pepper. but here in Aus they dont sell it. So i found this place called USAfoods.com.au and got a slab...eheheh 24 cans....I want it all!!! yeyyhhh eee yeaahhh!


I reckon we should be able to have it here


I dont know why they stoped. I loved it. Cant wait ill my delivery comes in.


Wait, we used to have it?


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry to interrupt, but here in the states the soda folks have actually gone kinda nuts with flavors. Cherry Coke was just the beginning. There's vanilla, cherry vanilla, 'Twist' with lemon, lime as mentioned, 'Jazz' which has either strawberries and cream or black cherry french vanilla... on and on.

In fact there is cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper (and diet) too.

You know what I'm addicted to lately is Sprite. I gave up caffeine awhile back and this has become my drink of choice. 7-Up is close, but I prefer Sprite for some reason.

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

azzadude wrote:

Miami Vice wrote:

azzadude wrote:

Miami Vice wrote:

Would our Aussie friends please tell us about Vegimite.


Sure Can, what would you like to know... Its full of Vitamin B.
Hi azzadude, whats it made of? Do people really eat a lot of it in Australia?


http://www.vegemite.com.au/ ehehehe

It is as common on Toast as anything else would be for breakfast. Say Jam, Peanut Butter ect ect. Some people hate it, some people love it, some people are in between. But its an Aussie Icon that tastes great


Actually, It tastes like shit


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

azzadude wrote:

<font color=Mercury>Larry Lurex's Girl wrote:

azzadude wrote:

Miami Vice wrote:

azzadude wrote:

Miami Vice wrote:

Would our Aussie friends please tell us about Vegimite.


Sure Can, what would you like to know... Its full of Vitamin B.
Hi azzadude, whats it made of? Do people really eat a lot of it in Australia?


http://www.vegemite.com.au/ ehehehe

It is as common on Toast as anything else would be for breakfast. Say Jam, Peanut Butter ect ect. Some people hate it, some people love it, some people are in between. But its an Aussie Icon that tastes great


Actually, It tastes like shit


well i did say some people hate it... but iv never tasted shit so i dont know about that..:)


ahhh, but if you eat it, then you should know....

actually, according to my sister I should probably rather Vegemite rather than American food..since when are eggs bright yellow...and butter Vaseline - like?


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Luftblasen the bunny, superstar! wrote:

Sorry to interrupt, but here in the states the soda folks have actually gone kinda nuts with flavors. Cherry Coke was just the beginning. There's vanilla, cherry vanilla, 'Twist' with lemon, lime as mentioned, 'Jazz' which has either strawberries and cream or black cherry french vanilla... on and on.

In fact there is cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper (and diet) too.

You know what I'm addicted to lately is Sprite. I gave up caffeine awhile back and this has become my drink of choice. 7-Up is close, but I prefer Sprite for some reason.



is there really 32 flavors in dr peppers now? cuz really, i only taste about 7...if that. and too many flavors= grossness. i like just plain old dr pepper.

i dont like sprite. it goes flat way too quickly.


why pay the visit when the visit is free?



"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 07, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will not hear a word against Vegemite. If it's good enough for Billy Connolly it's good enough for me.

Having said all that; am I the only one reverting to cordial these days? Fuck fizzy drinks.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 07, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

azzadude wrote:



ahhh, but if you eat it, then you should know....

actually, according to my sister I should probably rather Vegemite rather than American food..since when are eggs bright yellow...and butter Vaseline - like?


But didnt Vegimite get taken over by a US company? 4n20 pies did.


I want someone to answer my question


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 07, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pfff...the Mountain Dew Bo Rhap commercial was better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_PWU4Tej2Uw

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hehe ive never seen people so excited over soda


why pay the visit when the visit is free?



"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"