Forums > Personal > I'm very sad

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Feb 07, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My bosses' golden retriever puppy died last Friday after he fell into a canal and he apparently drowned.
Max was only 14 weeks old and he has been coming over to work for the past 3 weeks.

I'm sort of mad at my boss for leaving him in the backyard alone. Leaving a dog (especially a puppy) seems very irresponsible when there's a canal, a ditch or anything that seems like it could be a potential threat to an unattended pet.
My boss sure has the money to buy a dog whenever he feels like it, but I truly question if for once he asks himself if he has the time to take care of a dog, or at least have someone else to take care of the poor creature.
Two years ago one of his dogs (a 10 year old golden retriever) escaped from the backyard and was lost for a nearly a day. Luckily a neighbor spotted the dog and called my boss after he checked the phone number on the collar tag.

I don't even want to think about what poor Max went through. Not only did it seem like he drowned but there's a strong possibility that he also froze to death since for the past days the temperatures have been sinking to 10F.

Here's a picture of little Max.
I sure will miss him:

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7783/max01ut9.jpg

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 07, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd be devastated if that happened to me. I'm so sorry... I'd normally say "Rest In Peace", but it seems a little out of context here... he was just a puppy, so I hope he's frolicking around in heaven. :)

-Things Have Changed For Me-
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 07, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't bring myself to click on the link. This is incredibly sad and, as you said, irresponsible. I hope this man thinks twice - three times - before getting another pet. It seems clear he's more of a danger to them than anything else.

It's so very sad.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is horrible. Poor little thing. What kind of idiot exactly do you work for?

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh dear :-(

That poor puppy. He should not have been left unattended at all, but leaving an animal outside with the temps we've been having is just plain cruel.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shit me. 5 degrees celcius. That's ludicrous. I didn't read that.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having a pet can be like having a kid sometimes, no matter what the age or how clever the pet. I wish people would remember this.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You must be very sad. That is a terrible thing to happen to that puppy and to you.

It made me think back on when my puppies were that age (they are 4 years old now - they are West Highland White Terriers - so cute and very smart and lively). They really had to be watched at all times at that age, and when I took them outside they followed right behind me. Each week there would be more space between me and the puppies on walks, as they got more brave. Anyway, so sad for you.

I think you should have a talk with your boss. People get dogs for the wrong reasons sometimes and some people will never be fit to be caretakers of animals. You really have to be able to strategize, and prepare the environment. It sounds like your boss cannot "think ahead". He must also get into traffic accidents, forget to pay his bills, and let other things slide as well, I'm guessing.

you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that dog is really cute!!!!
The poor thing :'(

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

I think you should have a talk with your boss.

Trust me, if I could I would. I very rarely talk to my boss, and generally when I see him he always he swings by and has a quick talk about work issues with the director of our department, and then he's gone.
For the past months we've been very busy, and my boss has been going from place to place between our New York offices and the other one in Florida.

He's extremely busy, but it's more than obvious that this is probably one of the reasons (if not the main reason) why he doesn't have enough time to take care of a pet.

I might bring the topic if I know for sure he's in a good mood.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish I didn't read that. :'(

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=lime>KillerQueen840 wrote:

I wish I didn't read that. :'(

Sorry Jessica

The last thing I want to do is make people sad, but I just felt so hurt that I felt like I needed to vent and tell what was going on.
I told Katie last night and she started crying. I was actually thinking of not even telling her because she's very sensitive about anything bad happening to animals (especially dogs), but I knew that eventually she was going to ask me how was Max and I couldn't just make up a lie everytime she asked me the same question.

My deepest apologies to anyone who had their mood brought down by this thread.

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh that poor little thing. I think I'm going to cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was adorable!! This is just crazy! Your boss should never be allowed to own another animal again, until he learns how to care for them properly. He shouldn't have even let the dog outside, as cold as it's been lately.
I'm sorry Dan

Formerly MHG