Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Rare bootlegs

forum rss feed
Author

machoman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello! I know that some of Queen bootlegs are very hard to find like Drammen 1982! Here could you name other bootlegs that are very rare and are very wanted. Also you can name the recent bootlegs that were rare before and now aren't.
You are all welcome for the discussion

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would go for Finland and Rosario(if it exists).

Not to mention Sun City.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The ones we don't know nothing of.

Most of time, rare bootlegs are in private hands. I had contact with a guy who has Memphis 1978. Of course, I tried to get this gem, subtile that is. But he was clear about his decision, not to share or trade it. His reason? Personal memory. These kind of argumentes are often used. You can't blame him, it is his recording and he wasn't in the trading-business anyway. I tried, but I failed, but still it's nice to discover which bootlegs exists.

I know nothing about a Finland bootleg, though.

I do remember Bob trying to get Syracuse 1977, he did his best too. But also he ran into this personal memory of the bootlegger. You can't do nothing about it. Don't worry, almost each new year a new bootleg has been discovered. Just give it some time.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also herad that Queen played in Morocco, how true is that? And how rare is the concert Yamaguchi 1979, I heard that it exists somewhere. :-) And one more thing, I heard that Queen played something with Elton John in 1982-1983, is it true?

Ruiiii user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm...rare bootlegs?
If there's one bootleg i'd like to get my hands on (in a polite and friendly way!!!) would be the recording of the Long Beach Arena Show in 1977. But we really don't know if a recording exists!!
Oh well...

Rui Bajouka
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Macho they played in South Africa not Morocco,Yamaguchi does exist and it's rare,and Only Freddie appeared as a guest on an EJ show as far as I know.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As Rick has already mentioned, most rare bootlegs are in private hands. There's no doubt about it that there's a lot more out there then is known on the internet. Sometimes a rare gem will appear out of nowhere but in most cases it all remains in private collections.

But I have to agree that it is fun to speculate about what might be out there. I'm still wondering if the Sunbury video will ever appear or if it's true there's actually a super 8 film from the show in The Hague in Holland 1974 whitch is supposedly in the hands of a collector from Germany.

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And what about Yugoslavia? Are there any recordings of these two shows (Zagreb and Ljubliana)?

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

« Jay » wrote:

As Rick has already mentioned, most rare bootlegs are in private hands. There's no doubt about it that there's a lot more out there then is known on the internet. Sometimes a rare gem will appear out of nowhere but in most cases it all remains in private collections.

But I have to agree that it is fun to speculate about what might be out there. I'm still wondering if the Sunbury video will ever appear or if it's true there's actually a super 8 film from the show in The Hague in Holland 1974 whitch is supposedly in the hands of a collector from Germany.

The only thing that does exist about 'The Hague 1974' are some pictures, the rest is a typical Dutch 'broodje aap verhaal'

breakthru1989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
breakthru1989
Bohemian: 340 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

er is dus helemaal geen live opname van
queen in nederland den haag het congresgebouw
of wel?
tot ziens

hello all you rock ’n’ rollers

it’s enourrrrrmous out here

it’s frightning i tell you

soooooooo beautiful.

queen live at KNEBWORTH PARK MAGIC ’86
mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would LOVE to know if there was a bootleg of the 2 Cleveland, Ohio shows in 1980-82, at the Richfield Coliseum. But doubt if one exists.......

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

L-R-TIGER1994 wrote:

I would go for Finland and Rosario(if it exists).

Not to mention Sun City.

Well... I can tell you that Rosario does exist! Though it's not a really good recording and only 56 minutes. Maybe there's more ofcourse but will we ever know...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

machoman wrote:

And how rare is the concert Yamaguchi 1979, I heard that it exists somewhere. :-)

A few people have it. It's just a regular show with very good sound quality.... nothing special at all. But it's human nature to want what you can't have, so that's why people are always asking about Yamaguchi and Drammen even before they have 50 recordings in their collection. They seem to think these two are somehow better than everything else that's out there, only because they're in a few less hands. Honestly, after you've got all of the readily available '79 and '82 shows, then you can start thinking about the two or three that are a bit harder to find.

To me, what's rare is what we haven't heard about yet. Things like Liverpool 73 and Vancouver 78 at one point were completely unknown. Now and again, a priceless gem pops out of the woodwork. Can't wait for the next one.

mickyparise wrote:

I would LOVE to know if there was a bootleg of the 2 Cleveland, Ohio shows in 1980-82, at the Richfield Coliseum. But doubt if one exists.......

There's a recording of the '80 show, but someone is hoarding it. A few samples got out, but unfortunately I never got my hands on them.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

machoman wrote:

I also herad that Queen played in Morocco, how true is that?

the munich 79 vcd is often mislabelled as morocco, esp. in filesharing programs like e-mule. they never played there.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Sir GH ..... maybe Someday Oneday.......lol

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>Dennis Daja<h6>QZs Dio wrote:

Nee man, Basje :'). Echt een trieste gast. Die heeft dat allemaal verzonnen. Hij was 8 ofzo toen hij bij dat concert was (imagine als je 8 bent gaan je ouders mee naar een onbekent bandje? doesn't fit right?) En sinds dat hij 8 was heeft hij onthouden dat hij iemand zag filmen...

Trieste zak echt waar.

Stoer van je hoor... iemand vanachter je pc-tje uit schelden. Moet je tegen 'm zeggen als je 'm in het echt ziet.

Pisventje!

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nee man, Basje :'). Echt een trieste gast. Die heeft dat allemaal verzonnen. Hij was 8 ofzo toen hij bij dat concert was (imagine als je 8 bent gaan je ouders mee naar een onbekent bandje? doesn't fit right?) En sinds dat hij 8 was heeft hij onthouden dat hij iemand zag filmen...

Trieste zak echt waar.

Well other rare bootlegs. I've got to mention Urk '83 this time. Damn man, I'd like to get it. But we're still unsure about what happend to TVURKS's orginal recordings.

At least John's solo was released! on that bootleg from Japan!

Basje is helemaal geen trieste zak, doe ff niet zo kinderachtig dennis daja, als er iemand triest is ben jij het

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zeg het 'm radio... zeg het 'm!

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Trieste zak echt waar.

Ik weet niet over wie je het precies hebt maar welk keihard bewijs heb je om dit als verzonnen te betitelen dan?

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do all these quite serious topics on QZ always end in a laugh? *rolls eyes*

Anyway, as most people know, Basje has a lot of interesting stories. I know him, he told me many stories about his gems (Hague 1974, Tokyo 1975 complete video from mastertape and many more), BUT I never seen any proof of them. He always said that his gems are locked up far away in some kind of depot. In other words: unreachable according to him, because he needs some kind of friend of him to gain access to it... (does this sound like a nice movie storyline or what?)

I can only say one thing about this: Stop bragging, start proving or sharing!

Oh and I understand Dennis his post, although he could use a bit more argumentation. Well, see Basje his silly posts on queenforum.nl and you know what I mean. That makes Dennis' post quite normal in fact...

Nothing personal, just my two cents. And I won't give a damn if I'm a 'pisventje' too. :-)

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."