Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian May's Soapbox is not "news"!

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK guys,
It is really irritating to see that someone keeps posting quotes from Brian May's Soapbox as "Latest Queen News." Since when is it news that Brian May disagrees with some critic who did not like some album by some guy? Furthermore, assuming that you are quoting him correctly, I would argue that Brian May is not a very sophisticated writer. Does anyone else agree with me here? What the F***!

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take a chill pill, Jill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Won't happen. She has something against Brian. I think he may have touched her.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 07, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG - the sky is falling

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah! The news section here in QZ kinda sucks!

But I think the biggest problem is not that someone copies "news" from Brian's site, but the fact that people who contribute news are too lazy to check out if their "news" is actually "old news". I mean, we had something like 5 news articles about "I Want It All in Dr. Pepper ad" in last month, all stating pretty the same. (Is it really that BIG NEWS??) Also, quite a lot of speculations about Johnny Depp getting involved in the Freddie movie. And the same old quotes from Brian about the new record, and how the next time they go out it won't be just for nostalgia.

C'mon people! Read the old news before submitting your "latest news".

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now now, August. Let's not go making sense, okay?

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be fair to the people who contribute to the 'news' section- the original Queen lineup is no more,the WWRY musical is ongoing and we know there's a new album with Paul Rodgers coming up other than that, what kind of Queen news is left to report?

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson II: The Revenge! wrote:

Yeah, I think it's too much to ask. I apologise for that.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about YV actually checking the articles in the 'news' topic before they get posted there, hmm? Would that really be too much to ask? If you're a mod, you've got to work for it; that's the price.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There should not be an option for users to submit news. Guaranteed - most of whats on there isn't really 'news' or even interesting, no matter how much you like Queen.

It's pretty beautiful that the thread starter has gone and told us something that isn't really news in itself... you can't buy comedy like that.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever wrote:

OK guys,
It is really irritating to see that someone keeps posting quotes from Brian May's Soapbox as "Latest Queen News." Since when is it news that Brian May disagrees with some critic who did not like some album by some guy? Furthermore, assuming that you are quoting him correctly, I would argue that Brian May is not a very sophisticated writer. Does anyone else agree with me here? What the F***!

Shut the fuck up. You're only a Freddie Mercury fan, not a Queen fan. Why the hell are you down there? Get your head out of corpse Freddie's ass before it gets dark. Go away before I get upset and try out my Brian-impersonation routine and start criticizing you, you acne-ridden 15 year old equivalent of 400 year-old rotten bear genitalia. I bet you have ass acne.
Well but seriously, don't you have better things to do? The problem with you is that you have to associate EVERYTHING wrong with Queen directly to Brian. Don't be a fucking zealot, holy water is abundant all over.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She has something against Brian. I think he may have touched her.
More likely, he may NOT have touched her...

But I agree that some of what ends up in the news section is not very much news actually.

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
_Bijou_ user not visiting Queenzone.com
_Bijou_
Bohemian: 292 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever wrote:

OK guys,

And I suppose you are?

www.youtube.com/user/StarSupernova2

Please visit my site at:

www.freewebs.com/queenheaven

*(UPDATED 06/05/08)*
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 07, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:

Shut the fuck up. You're only a Freddie Mercury fan, not a Queen fan. Why the hell are you down there? Get your head out of corpse Freddie's ass before it gets dark. Go away before I get upset and try out my Brian-impersonation routine and start criticizing you, you acne-ridden 15 year old equivalent of 400 year-old rotten bear genitalia. I bet you have ass acne.
Well but seriously, don't you have better things to do? The problem with you is that you have to associate EVERYTHING wrong with Queen directly to Brian. Don't be a fucking zealot, holy water is abundant all over.

lol!! Awesome post... vulgarity and all. You have won the "Sir GH's best laugh of the day" award.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca