Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > REQUEST: A Dozen Red Roses for my Darling

forum rss feed
Author

KJG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This fits for Valentine's Day. Anyone have a high quality version of this and possibly the extended version?

While I'm asking, does anyone have the Queen b-sides, like Stealin' and My Life Has Been Saved (original version)?

Thanks!

Kevin

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh dear...

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hehehe...just wait until Thomas Quinn is done with you...poor guy!!

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why? These aren't tracks that are commerically available anymore. If we can't find them in stores and can't get them here, we're just out of luck then? :-/

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, providing you were to get some brain-cells (I hear a large number of republicans have some available...they aren't using them anyway) and common sense first, you could stop being a lazy fuck, haul your digital ass over to eBay and find yourself a 7" or 12" of A Kind Of Magic, for instance.

That didn't take too much of an effort to come up with, did it? Even those of us with an IQ lower than a trout (hint) could've thought of that one.

Now be a nice borderline-moron and follow up on the advise.

Oh, and if you're too lazy: many sites offering official downloads (for which you pay a few cents) have it too. Go there, for all I'm concerned.

If you should choose to keep up your insane requests anyway, I shall be forced to flame you for real. The last person to experience my unrestrained wrath wrote The Book Of Revelations about it.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who put the stick up your ass?

Doesn't matter, you're obviously worth ignoring. And those tracks were also available on CD, dickwad. Good thing some people who have them are kind enough to share.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good? You mean the good-for-nothing leeches who disrespect the artists, have no sense of moral whatsoever and share your infantile mental capacities?

If you weren't so proud of it, I'd now verbally abuse you to death. The point being, you are obviously so daft that you couldn't see your fault to save your life.

Hitler suffered from the same problem, he killed more people though. I do suggest you take up the same solution to your shared problem though. Cyanide is supposed to work quite quickly.

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, I apologize for posting these in the wrong part of the forum. On most message boards, threads posted in the wrong place are quietly moved to the correct area and aren't reacted to by a rabid guard dog like yourself.

We could debate why it's morally wrong to share tracks that the artist is no longer making any money off of since they're out of print, but you obviously would rather hurl insults. You might as well go do it to the wall because I could care less about your tirades.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, that would be to do with the genetical defect you seem to suffer from, namely no sensitivity to ethics whatsoever.

Instead of being a whiny cunt, you could actually show your backbone, admit you were wrong and be like this guy, who is actually on the right track: http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=959401.

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have a very dogmatic way of talking about ethics, not even attempting discussion as you angrily insist your way is correct and everyone else is a genetically-impaired fool. And you relate me to Hitler?

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I relate you to whatever I need to get you to remember this topic; you made a mistake, you were too much of an ass to do something about it, so you suffer for it now. Hopefully, next time, you won't make the mistake.

People who won't learn the easy way, learn the hard way. It's easy as that.

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What was I supposed to do about it? I did make a mistake in posting the threads in the wrong place and apologized once I realized it. I would apologize for calling you a dickwad but you responded aggressively first. I started coming to these forums back in, oh, '96 or so and a lot has changed since then, although I haven't been around much.

Oh, you've certainly taught me my lesson and I shall repent, repent high to the heavens! For I have posted a thread in the wrong place and offended the might Thomas Quinn! Thank god he corrected me on my immoral ways with his sharp tongue.

Seriously, it's obviously you live in a state of anger and intolerance and take it out on people on this board. The only reason I'm still replying is because you're fascinating. I don't agree with your stance on trading mp3's of out-of-print music but it's obviously no use discussing it with you because you're just gonna continue to yell and assume you have a higher moral ground. You are a moderator, no? Why don't you try being a professional one? Is this how Queenzone wants to represent itself in the forums, with a verbally abusive 18-year-old who takes himself too seriously?

Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Quinn, no girlfriend? Or boyfriend even? Go and have a go at 928 or whatever his name is, kiddie. You two fit together like my butt fits on the toilet seat. 'nuff said.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This shit never gets old up here! Simple answers are enough without the disgusting insults and slurs, especially when the person requesting doesn't know any better (sometimes), but I see that that is way too difficult for some to do. It's funny how some of those up here who boast to be intellectual and ethical are very quick to hurl insults at people. In other words, a simple explanation to 'the offender' will do Quinn. That way there is no harm done and nothing illegal is happening up here on Queenzone.

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hang on. Some dweeb turns up and starts asking for stuff..turns out to be official stuff, which he should therefore fuck off and buy.

If he doesn't like the fact that previously officially available material is still covered by copyright despite its current unavailability, then this is NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS IT. We do not have the ability to change copyright law, and would suggest that he CONTACTS HIS ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

In other words, a simple explanation to 'the offender' will do Quinn.

No it doesn't, as we've seen above. The explanation "it's still covered by copyright" is met with the response "so? I can't buy it at my local Wal Mart so it's ok to download it illegally off the internet".

(I paraphrased)

Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P_G...this is not about something being official or not. It is about Quinn being abusive to the max because this is internet, and he doesn't need to be afraid of a hiding or anything. Nobody would talk like that in real life, if they had a brain (Quinn: hint!), going on like nothing about Hitler and whatnot. Look at his profile, an 18 year old slack (I know that profiles don't need to express the truth). So there you have it. "fuck off and buy, you fag" as a standard reply for requesting deleted material? I remember when I became a Queen fan before the internet was common sense, I read about songs in discographies. I was wondering days and nights what this or that song might sound like. I didn't have a record player then, and I still don't have one. I have downloaded Hijack my Heart, I have downloaded A Human Body. So what. Buying it on Ebay doesn't get money into the artist's pocket either. And it's not even about supporting Roger for writing an anthem like a dozen red roses for my darling. It's just fear of the RIAA or whatever.

However...different opinions or not. TREAT EACH OTHER WITH SOME DECENT RESPECT OR STOP POSTING. YOU'RE AN INSULT FOR THE QUEEN COMMUNITY.

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of you get high and mighty when it wouldn't startle me if at some point you've downloaded old Queen b-sides or whatnot that you couldn't find anywhere else. Hell, they were once easy to find on this site a few years back, which is why I asked about them in the first place. Queenzone is where I once found some of those rarities, albeit as lower-quality mp3's.

If the site wants to ban any of that stuff just to be safe, I understand. A simple, "Don't request any previously issued recordings, even if they're unavailable in stores now" would have sufficed.

I got to admit, though, personally I'll still seek them out to freely download because there's no legit way to find them in stores. I've tried to find used copies of the CD singles to no avail. Oh, I suppose there's those Russain sites that aren't bound by much copyright law at all offering low quality mp3s for sale, but that's not much better, is it? I think very few of us are just content to go without some of these lost songs.

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No it doesn't, as we've seen above. The explanation "it's still covered by copyright" is met with the response "so? I can't buy it at my local Wal Mart so it's ok to download it illegally off the internet".

(I paraphrased)

I'll say you paraphrased. Quinn wasn't anywhere near that direct or polite. Of course, I guess it's not just him since I've been called a dweeb now, as well. And Wal-Mart is the devil. ;-)

This is a difficult topic. Jan78 I think is presenting the most realistic view. Is it technically illegal to download these tracks? Probably. Is anyone going to enforce downloading of deleted material? Who knows but likely not. As Queen is losing no money over it, are people who won't download these tracks reacting mostly out of a fear of the RIAA? I think so. If you're claiming a moral stance based on the artist's profit, there's nothing to stand on. I think most Queen fans who see those tracks listed in the discography and by nature want to have them are going to try and get them through some form of trading if there's nowhere to buy them. I guess we'll take our chances on what is a gray area and is likely not a big deal. I suppose some are satisfied to say that since the songs aren't available anymore, they just can't have them. I doubt few fans actually do that. What I'm hoping is that Queen would finally release that danged anthology of rarities and end this once and for all.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 07, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These fellows who attack people lack maturity and self-control, as well as obviously exhibiting a manifestation of their own miserable feelings by projecting such hatred onto others.

As for the argument about people not learning the easy way.. nonsense. The hateful responses just lead to arguments like this one every time. Is that really teaching anyone anything?

If you explain politely that such items aren't allowed to be shared and the person argues, you can be mature and drop it, having stated the rules already.