Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Finally a RED SPECIAL!!

forum rss feed
Author

BUofM24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I finally received my red special that i have been patiently waiting two months for!!! It is the most amazing guitar i have ever played, and i think that all guitar players should at least think about getting one!!

Elizabeth Knightson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which red is it? (I mean, from which company)

Little Delilah
teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hope you enjoy the guitar for a long time.

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anybody know how can i get a red special???
i live in argentina and "musicianfriend" doesnt delivery guitars outside USA

could someone help me???
thanks

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can I steal it?
my guitar is a bit...burnt, or dead

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BUofM24 wrote:

I finally received my red special that i have been patiently waiting two months for!!! It is the most amazing guitar i have ever played, and i think that all guitar players should at least think about getting one!!

You wouldn't happen to have a shitty guitar you don't need anymore, now that you have a Red Special?
I'm still looking for one to demolish on stage.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 07, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it a 2006 (or post 06, I suppose) Brian guitar model?

Adam.

Posted: 04 Mar 07, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it is an Antique Cherry 2006 Brian May Signature Model... i did buy it through musician's friend it sounds like a GEM!! the neck is beautful and easy to play, the sound is AMAZING... i do recommend for any guitarist to buy

The Classic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 07, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Congrats. I HAD one... a month after I got it, a jerk stole it. I never got it back either. My heart's been broken every since. I busted some butt working extra hours and saving money for it. It's been about 3 years since this happened and I still haven't been able to get another one. I am married with two kids, because of that, I am broke all the time. My wife keeps telling me I'll get another one someday... but I have a feeling that the only way I am going to be able to get another one will be when King Freddie presents me with one in the afterlife. Maybe there I can rock with the angels eh? Anyway... enjoy your guitar man. Don't let it just sit by the side gathering dust. Those babies were made to rock.... so just do it! Take care!

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 07, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ey The Classic

If you write a letter to Brian, he may help you... maybe you get another one...

Try... you dont miss nothing...

Queen rocks!

Posted: 04 Mar 07, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea dude... its worth a shot... im sure brian won't be toooo upset for giving you ONE haha im sure he can afford it

Posted: 04 Mar 07, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i will enjoy it forever.... i also own the digitech pedal... and between my old guitar and the red special... its a worlds difference in clarity of sound and the autheniticity of the brian may sound. If i had good recording software I would upload something but i dont... any good ideas?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 Mar 07, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good recording software?
Bah.... I don't think you really need it if you're just messing around.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 07, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

BUofM24 wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a shitty guitar you don't need anymore, now that you have a Red Special?
I'm still looking for one to demolish on stage.

Sorry, I'm a bit behind on my QZ post readings. But, can't you demolish one using special effects? Just for practice?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 07, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What would be the point in that? :P It's got to be real. The sound, the debris; all real. Hmm!

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 07, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah. You could do it either way.

Cwazy little thing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 06 Mar 07, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ive got the '06 Red Special, and its my baby, but Ive had moments of frustration with it.

Using my little marshall amp I cant find a pickup setting that gives me a fair balance between rhythm and lead - its always good bottom end, with weak high end, or not thick enough, but a decent high end, so I usually settle for a good rhythm sound, and whenever I have to play lead with my band I crank the treble up a bit.

You need time to play with the pickups and with bass/treble/middle/contour controls and suchlike on your amp/pedal I guess, and I dont have much of that at the moment!
Or maybe I'll just cop out and get the BM pedal....lol, or not. I have no money!

Also, I actually find it harder to play than other similar priced guitars such as my friends PRS Santana, which confuses me. I think its cos the strings are slighly higher, and the neck wider.
When I lower the strings though, I get a horrible vibration on the low E.....

Also - when I change the strings the bugger goes out of tune every 10 mins for weeks.
Anyone know a solution to this last problem in particular? I know you have to wear strings in a bit, but this seems a bit bizarre - maybe its cos I took the tremolo off?
The strings were Super Slinky 10's I think......if that helps!

Nice one on getting the guitar - take no heed of anything I said above - those are most likely problems peculiar to me, and even so, I love the thing - when she's on form she sounds beautiful, and she's a sexy beast too! Beautiful looking piece of wood!

Adventure Seeker on an empty street...

www.myspace.com/ampfirerock
Adam Baboolal

Posted: 06 Mar 07, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you're recording into your computer, all you need is a line input (NOT the mic input) and your digi brian plugged into it. The software would just be something like Audacity. Free software that does what you need.

Adam.

Posted: 06 Mar 07, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks adam, i do have adobe audition and i love it... just didnt know if there was nething out there specifically for guitar... cwazy i have the factory settings still for my guitar. The strings stay in tune and I love it. I find that a perfect lead is middle and bridge pickups in phase, also great for rythm if you have trouble finding that. I also love all three pickups on with the middle and bridge in phase and the fingerboard out of phase... it really gives it a trebly sound with no base, great harmonic setting. I believe brian plays alot with the middle and bridge pickups out/in phase. I know for a fact that with the mid and bridge settings out of phase, was used on bohemian rhapsody. I love tinkering with the digitech pedal too. It makes the guitar sound SOOOOO much better i must say. Let me know if any of this helps

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 07 Mar 07, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uhm... bridge and middle is NOT used for BoRhap solo - I believe it's the neck (down position) and middle (Up) pickups. Others seem to think it's neck and middle both out of phase. I did a sound sample to test this idea here - http://www.savefile.com/files/531161

You have adobe audition?? And you're asking if you need something specific to record guitar? Dude...you have everything you could possibly want if you have that software. Just need yourself and talent for recording with a digi brian cause it's a DI device.

Adam.