Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Ok so...

forum rss feed
Author

Queen-Obsessed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a friend who recently started liking Queen and I showed her Queenzone but she is afraid to post any questions. I think it is sad that she can't ask an honest question without being bashed or someone complaining that it has been posted before. I wish that people on queenzone would just support each other and if you've got a problem with the post then just don't waste yours and everyone elses time by replying to it.

17, and obsessed with Queen lol
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why can't she pick up a book, or a good documentary, or even just 'Google' Queen?
Failing that, she could try reading some previous threads.

Until a few weeks ago, I was a complete 'Life On Mars' virgin. Now, I guess, I know as much about the series as any aficionado - simply because I have invested in a little personal research since the second series began.

Don’t get me wrong, there are indeed some w*nkers here in Queenzone, and I guess I could count myself among some of the biggest, but, I really do object to this idea that just because someone is new that they need to be spoonfed, or use this ‘lack of experience’ as an excuse to be intellectually lazy.

Whether it be Queen, English literature, or any other worthwhile pursuit, there is no substitute for personal research, and in reflection, no greater satisfaction either!

Ofcourse, there is nothing wrong in asking questions, or reheating old debates, and we all have to learn sometime, so I hope she would be welcome to contribute her ideas and opinions - in fact I look forward to reading them.

But if it is more of 'How did Elvis write 'Crazy Little Thing...' or '...Roger's green hair...' - Please, give us all a break!!!!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Queen-Obsessed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not saying she doesn't try to find things out for herself but sometimes it's nice to have somehwere you can ask questions when you need to.

17, and obsessed with Queen lol
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tell her to post her question with the understanding that everyone, at one time or another, had to ask questions in order to learn what they wanted to know. If (when) people here insult her or post shit like - justfuckinggoogleit.com - then she should roll past those posts and find the ones worth her time. Sadly, the posts worth the time are becoming harder and harder to find.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Another queen fanatic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You might read books and stuff, but thats boring. Its much better to get something from a good honest queen fan. Plus can you really believe some of the craip on the internet. If you did, Queen would have one number one and freddie spent his time bumming guys having parties and when bored did some singing for some band. The internet is biased.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

d1j2m3 wrote:

You might read books and stuff, but thats boring. Its much better to get something from a good honest queen fan. Plus can you really believe some of the craip on the internet. If you did, Queen would have one number one and freddie spent his time bumming guys having parties and when bored did some singing for some band. The internet is biased.

As is Queenzone!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Psst, here's a secret: Not everyone on the internet is nice. Some people choose to be mean, sour asses, maybe because they like the anonymoty and maybe because they really are like that. I don't know. The point is, just making a topic asking people to be nicer won't cut it. It's best to just focus on the posts worth reading, like magicalfreddiemercury said, because there will always be someone who's ready to criticize your questions or topics. (Haha, I just read that and sounded like an ass myself....)

Back whenever
forroch user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people who are mean on the internet are a bunch of sour fuckheads who sit on there holes all day bitching and moaning about this and that because they either like picking on other people or they have issues.... so tell your friend to ask her questions and fuck who ever bitches out at her just remember there only letters on a screen.they cant hurt her.

Jonathan O Neill
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I became a Queen fan, way back in the dark ages before everyone had internet access, I learned by buying and reading books about Queen (of which there are many), buying and watching documentaries about Queen (of which there are also many), and joining the Queen fan club (for all the good that's done me). The point is, if she wants to know badly enough, there are plenty of avenues open to her besides asking an easily researched question on a mean old Queenzone message board.

Queenluv4Life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 216 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF0066">Helter Skelter wrote:

It's JUST the internet. If she's afraid to ask questions here...then how will she get along in real life?

its true...its not like people in Queenzone will just pop out of the computer and kill her.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If she asks something that a little research wouldn't have answered anyway, I'd think it unlikely she'd get bashed.

Having said that, I'd say the chances of someone new to Queen asking something that couldn't be easily researched (especially with a friend - you - who probably has such research materials around) are pretty slim, so maybe I'm starting the bashing already.

forroch user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And another thing if shes new to queenzone and asked a question that was ask by someone else before than how in the hell will she know that shes new!! theres no such thing as a bad question...now enough of bitching from me and talk about interesting stuff

Jonathan O Neill
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 07, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<fontc/=hotpink>QueenLuv4life</font> wrote:

its true...its not like people in Queenzone will just pop out of the computer and kill her.

Or ... will they ...?

chazz12345 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 07, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

generally iagree. if someone posts a comment that is a perfect topic, if it was posted say 3 months ago someone will talk them down.

i compare it to the news. they repeat themselves. whats wrong.

cant exactly check things on queenzone there's no proper search engine.

!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 07, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Boo. Frickety. Hoo.

Ignore the crap that comes with being new. I only came here to download a Bohemian Rhapsody making-of. They can't get rid of me.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 07, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF0066">Helter Skelter wrote:

It's JUST the internet. If she's afraid to ask questions here...then how will she get along in real life?

Good point.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 07, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

azzadude wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

If she asks something that a little research wouldn't have answered anyway, I'd think it unlikely she'd get bashed.

Having said that, I'd say the chances of someone new to Queen asking something that couldn't be easily researched (especially with a friend - you - who probably has such research materials around) are pretty slim, so maybe I'm starting the bashing already.

Those spelling lessons aren't paying off, are they?

Yeah coz your a jerk Ha!

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 07, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why does everyone write so much in a post?

I find it soo hard to read....

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.