Forums > Personal > Mr Beans Holiday.

forum rss feed
Author

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't wait to see this. I love Mr Bean (TV series) so much and the Bean movie made me laugh all the way through. This is going to be hilarious.

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Mq2dgadXiU&mode=related&search

Anybody else looking forward to seeing this?

Discuss this movie or just Mr Bean in general.

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rowan Atkinson is the man.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never underestimate Hollywood.... they managed to make a Douglas Adams story into a piece of crap. I suspect this might be no different!

But I hope it's just some halfwitted trailer-editor making it look 'snappy' or something, because I'd hate to see a Rowan Atkinson movie that I didn't like.

(I wasn't fond of his Bond movie spoof - but I've never laughed so hard as when he walked into a funeral and proclaimed 'You are ALL under arrest').

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

havent been a fan of rowan atkinson since he nearly killed me at Brands Hatch many years ago

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got introduced to Mr. Bean this summer, but I knew of Rowan Atkinson before from the Black Adder series. I think that him and the Monty Pyton troop are the best, most talented and most brilliant men to come out of Britain (and the American Python is included).

Formerly MHG
bobo the chimp

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can honestly never single out which series of Blackadder is my favourite... I believe the formulae was slightly worn by the fourth series but most of the gags there are as good as any that came before.

A great show to have on DVD, put it that way !!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

(I wasn't fond of his Bond movie spoof - but I've never laughed so hard as when he walked into a funeral and proclaimed 'You are ALL under arrest').

Oh my God....

I haven't laughed SO much in ages. I love that movie! I was eating popcorn while watching one of the funny scenes and I burst out laughing and so did my popcorn, I hope the person infront of me wasn't showered in popcorn full of saliva! :-D

Rowan Atkinson is one of my favourite actors/comedians.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Bean showed that Ben Elton was good at writing comedies, but awful at writing musicals.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I can honestly never single out which series of Blackadder is my favourite... I believe the formulae was slightly worn by the fourth series but most of the gags there are as good as any that came before.

A great show to have on DVD, put it that way !!

I own the DVD series. I have to say I think he was at his peak during the second and third season (Elizabethan England and Victorian England).
After that, it started to go down hill...but it's still a GREAT series :-)

Formerly MHG
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Never underestimate Hollywood.... they managed to make a Douglas Adams story into a piece of crap. I suspect this might be no different!

But I hope it's just some halfwitted trailer-editor making it look 'snappy' or something, because I'd hate to see a Rowan Atkinson movie that I didn't like.

EXACTLY! I do think I'll like it, though... it's Mr. Bean, here! xD

-Things Have Changed For Me-
bobo the chimp

Posted: 16 Mar 07, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I'll give anything Rowan Atkinson does a chance, just for old times sake!!

It's just hard to take when something I like a lot gets the "Hollywood" treatment. The first Bean movie was pretty decent all things considered, but it's obvious they made a lot of concessions to try and make it sell better.

(what was with the musical montages every five minutes?? And the theme music ripped from Dragonheart....)

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 07, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blackadder is awesome, Mr. Bean is funny and Monty Python is classic...the Monty Python cast had a Beatles spoof thingy called the Turdles or something like that...does it ring a bell to anyone? Struttles perhaps...? ARGH!!! Bad memory!!

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 07, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope this movie is much better than 'Johnny English', which really really sucked.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 07, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw it a couple of months ago when the film wasn't actually completely finished. They did a free viewing at my local cinema on the condition that you have to do one of those survey things after and give your opinions on it. It wasn't the funniest thing I'd ever seen, but still, it was funny enough to be worth a watch.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mmm, Blackadder Goes Forth is my favourite.

Flashheart: 'Do you know what's it's like to have the wind rushing through you hair?' *having his feet on Baldrick*
George: No sir.
Flashheart: *farts* He does.

I'm...snee.

Rowan Atkinson, to me, is funnier as Blackadder than Bean. Plus I think I might be the only person that enjoyed him in Not the Nine O'Clock News? Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Plus I must add the enjoyment I get of the shortened series of U.K comedies (less than 10) rather than the often excruitiatingly long U.S comedies (1 jillion...yes, that's not a number)

I'm a pipe, y'dig?

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
bobo the chimp

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Rowan Atkinson, to me, is funnier as Blackadder than Bean"

I agree with this.
Bean was a different kind of funny, I spose!

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I third that.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=009966>?Freya? wrote:

I saw it a couple of months ago when the film wasn't actually completely finished. They did a free viewing at my local cinema on the condition that you have to do one of those survey things after and give your opinions on it. It wasn't the funniest thing I'd ever seen, but still, it was funny enough to be worth a watch.

Really? Lucky, eh?! :-D

I'll see it when the movie first comes out in the UK, I think that's the 30th of March. Me and my friend find him hilarious, so I hope we'll have a right laugh.

Queen are the Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen are the Champions
Bohemian: 206 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

awww, i was just thinking about Mr. Bean the other day! i'm excited! :D

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mm, yes, yes. Bean was fairly 'fish out of water' humour whereas Blackadder...wasn't.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!