Forums > Queen - General Discussion > A small questions about flutes...

forum rss feed
Author

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are there any Queen songs with flutes in them? I tried to Google it but I can't make an accurate combination for the search and don't get any results...so anyway, for the Queen experts, a little help please?

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger played Freddie's flute.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And I suppose the sound harmonized in his rectum and resonated out of his ass? =P

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, no. Queen had very early on realized that flutes are gay and avoided them at all costs.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blue>Rick wrote:

:D

fightingdove user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's an interesting question but surprisingly I think the answer is no. You can check wikipedia.org for an album by album credit listing.

Be free with your tempo

www.myspace.com/fightingdove
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the closest thing to a flute is Brian's guitar on Good Company and the 1st solo of The Millionaire Waltz

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
claudiox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Valensian Sky Surveillance.
I think there haven't been flute in any Queen song, even if I would like to see where so many sounds came from (i.e.: in ANATO, QII, ADATR albums)

bye
Claudio

fightingdove user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Technically I was wrong. Apparently on Who Wants to Live Forever The National Philharmonic Orchestra was used. Here is an excerpt:

The National Philharmonic Orchestra:
This was recorded separately at Abbey Road Studios. The score was arranged by Brian with the help of Michael Kamen, who famous for his scores for movies such as Highlander, Lethal Weapon-series and Die Hard as well as for his arranging-work for rock-groups. His last big deal was his collaboration with Metallica (after Queen, my second favourite group).He arranged their material for a symphony-orchestra and the result was their latest album, called S&M.
Back to Queen: Michael Kamen probably also conducted the orchestra (it isn't stated on the sleeve, but he arranged and conducted all the scores for the film where Who Wants To Live Forever was one of the main-themes, so it is quite probable that he also did the conducting-job for the album. As arranger he knows the score best!). The orchestra was recorded by Eric Tomlinson, who seems to be an expert for orchestra-recordings, cause this bloke also recorded the orchestra-parts for the Flash Gordon-soundtrack (another Queen-project). The world is small, isn't it?
The National Philharmonic Orchestra is quite a big outfit.
It consisted of a huge string-section (I'd say at least 40 people), consisting of violins, violas, cellos and double-bass (kontrabass).
Apart from that there were 3-4 french horns, about 3-4 trombones, about 2 trumpets, a harp, some flutes and a percussionist with a big bass-drum and a cymbal und such stuff (see above for details).
I've never been there when a big orchestra is recorded, but I suppose it's done with a big room (with a good acoustic) lots of microphones and a control room.
Mr. Tomlinson did a good job (obviously) and there's some nice stereo-panning, but it's far to much to go into detail. Check it out!

http://queen.musichall.cz/index.php?s=ps&d=wwtlf

Be free with your tempo

www.myspace.com/fightingdove
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hahahahahahahahahhaahahahhaah

:)
ScaramoucheFandango user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My music teacher is creating a Bohemian Rhapsody music layout for flutes! YAY! (guess I bugged him enough with all my Queen ravings! :D )

O_o
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 07, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yum

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.