Discuss.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That video is awful.

Like that guy said, if we can already clone human tissues (which will bring more accurate results than animals), what's the point in carrying on with animal testing? I think we ran out of "excuses" to use animals.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

( i think peta is full of shit)

BUT, i dont understand why animal testing should exist for humans. if were experimenting for the human race, use humans. if its for animals, test on animals. why test on rats for diseases that humans have? we cant catch a cold from a dog, so why test the medical stuff on that? why shouldnt humans be tested? we all feel pain, and products shouldnt be tested soley on animals, unless its actually for animals! like the food, or fur supplies. peoples pets will be using those. if its for humans, test humans. not little orphans, or someone helpless, just pay someone and theyll do it im sure. people do anything for money these days anyway.

i just watched the video. im still not 'touched' becasue i do know that peta goes to extreme measures to get frivilous points across. what they showed was mostly veterenary photos and animal shelters that have found animals that have been hurt, or had some medical things done that looked more graphic than it really was.

im sorry if i sound like a bitch. i dont doubt that animal testing exists, and certain things they do are stupid and cruel. its just that peta, is not an organization i can trust. half the time they dont know what theyre trying to prove anyway. so they ake shit up or exaggerate it. or hide their faults.

hmm sounds like politics...

www.petakillsanimals.com

^the truth.

i believe smokinggun.com has also proven some of petas antics of hypocracy. correct me if im wrong.

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 07, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Animal testing is one of those subjects I tend to avoid. However, because I'm putting off doing my film studies coursework, I'll write in this topic anyway.

Animal testing... It's one of those things that I don't have a conclusive opinion on. To me, it's morally wrong to hurt an animal in any way, (Although, I'm not a vegetarian, I'm one of those hypocritical people who eat meat and yet would not be prepared to kill an animal, probably even if my life depended on it. I feel better slightly by the fact that I tend to eat mostly free range organic meat.)ANYWAY, as I was saying before I went off on one, I find it wrong to hurt an animal in any way. However, when I think of all the people in my family whose lives have probably been saved by testing on animals then I can't honestly say that I'm so against it. I mean, I still don't agree with it, but if it's going to save the lives of those I care about then I can't be 100% against it.

But testing cosmetic products on animals, there really is no need for that. It's awful that our vanity comes before animal welfare.

And now I'm going to actually do my coursework.