Forums > Personal > Global Warming

forum rss feed
Author

you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok first of all in the morning the weather was freezing, then in the afternoon it was kinda warm, then back to freezing now its bloody snowing!



JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well it is still winter.
nothing to do with global warming just a cold front from the artic with northerly winds which will make temperatures drop.
put on a jumper and stop wingeing.


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

News flash: Every abnormality in the weather is not intrinsically attributed to global warming.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Farts cause global warming.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Farts cause global warming.


Then maybe you should stop eating beans then :-P


Formerly MHG
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I enjoyed the Al Gore movie. I believe most of the scientific facts are accurate.. there's just one major problem...

Where is the proof that our CO2 is actually being trapped by the atmosphere and causing the increase?

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 07, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Farts cause global warming.


Then maybe you should stop eating beans then :-P


Actually, it's dried fruit.

Brings the Methane Mayhem in me.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 07, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Undetermined wrote:

I enjoyed the Al Gore movie. I believe most of the scientific facts are accurate.. there's just one major problem...

Where is the proof that our CO2 is actually being trapped by the atmosphere and causing the increase?


Can you point me to some of these scientific facts without me having to purchase a movie to fund someone's political agenda?

Are there environmental problems? Sure. Are most environmental issues rooted in politics, rather than the environment? Hell yes! Modern environmentalism is based on sensationalism and fear - not science.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 07, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's going to be near 90 degrees this weekend! Don't know if global warming is to blame, but woo hoo..time to break out the shorts!

brian-harold-may 26643 user not visiting Queenzone.com
brian-harold-may 26643
Bohemian: 349 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 07, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry, dont believe we are attributing to it in a big way at all.

just the earths natural cycle, nearly slipped into an ice age in the 70's. so i believe, im only 17.

but looking at the facts, it doesn't appear that we are the major cause, just another way for the government to make money, i think we should worry less about co2 and more about north korea and nuclea weapons

also the ocean emits more co2 than anything else on the planet.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 07, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't believe it at all
the Earth's weather has been up and down for such a long time.
And i just saw an interview today with Al Gore and the interviewers really stuck it to him, they made him look like a FOOL. He actually said that if America was to cut back on fossil fuels and such causes of global warming then countries like China would follow our leadership. When we've been in competition with China for years to be the strongest nation. China would jump at the chance to be stronger than us, not yield and let their economy decline while ours does.
Saying that though I do wish the U.S. would lay off the fossil fuels and the scare resources like that.

But on the other hand, if it is true, which is possible, then we're all gunna die anyway, have a cigarette.


*that was pretty unorganized but i hope you all can see what im trying to get*


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 07, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope I dont see manbearpig running around my house soon.


MY GOD spell it write.
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 07, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't get where you guys get the idea that China is such a strong power. Despite having the largest population, I believe they aren't even ranked in the top 10 GDP's in the world.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 07, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sherwood Forest wrote:

don't believe it at all
the Earth's weather has been up and down for such a long time.


I think it's more the fact that all the gasses and whatnot in the atmosphere are speeding the process up a bit too fast for most people's liking....or at least, that's what I pick out from it all.
I do completley agree with your point that the earths weather goes up and down, we only need to look at the fact we were once all covered in ice to prove that.

And by the way, I dunno if it's the same for all of you but have you ever noticed that the cars with bumper stickers like "save the environment" and "vote green party" are the most clapped out cars that billow out more black smoke than most others? I find that quite ironic :)



"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 07, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

I don't get where you guys get the idea that China is such a strong power. Despite having the largest population, I believe they aren't even ranked in the top 10 GDP's in the world.


They might not even be ranked tenth, that's true. But they, with the US, compose the first and third ranked countries in Greenhouse Gas Emissions, because they don't have the technology to have cleaners on the smoke stacks at coal producing plants, etc.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3143798.stm


Formerly MHG
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 07, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll put in my two cents...

The Kyoto protocol is such a load of crap because it's only used by first world countries... so since China and the majority of South America and Africa are all exempt, we're not accomplishing too much.

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

Are there environmental problems? Sure. Are most environmental issues rooted in politics, rather than the environment? Hell yes! Modern environmentalism is based on sensationalism and fear - not science.


Truer words have rarely been spoken.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 07, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

I'll put in my two cents...

The Kyoto protocol is such a load of crap because it's only used by first world countries... so since China and the majority of South America and Africa are all exempt, we're not accomplishing too much.

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

Are there environmental problems? Sure. Are most environmental issues rooted in politics, rather than the environment? Hell yes! Modern environmentalism is based on sensationalism and fear - not science.


Truer words have rarely been spoken.

did the yanks sign the agreement?


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Killer Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com
Oooft! xD
Killer Queenie
Royalty: 1807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 07, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Global warming is a load of bollocks.
My dad was listening to the radio and some scientist said that global warming is a load of crap and the governmant is just using it as an excuse so they can get votes to get into parliament - well the English government I think...
Anyways, apparently it is like the ice age - the southern hemisphere will start getting the rain and the northern hemisphere will get the sun - it's just nature taking it's course.
Well that is apparently what a scientist said... *shruggs*


Nothing matters when knowing nothing matters;;

It's just life so keep dancing through;;
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 07, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

I don't get where you guys get the idea that China is such a strong power. Despite having the largest population, I believe they aren't even ranked in the top 10 GDP's in the world.


They might not even be ranked tenth, that's true. But they, with the US, compose the first and third ranked countries in Greenhouse Gas Emissions, because they don't have the technology to have cleaners on the smoke stacks at coal producing plants, etc.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3143798.stm


I was only referring to what Sherwood was saying. Any time someone in the States is worried about losing worldwide political power to a country like China, they really don't know what's going on.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 07, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

joxerthemighty wrote:

did the yanks sign the agreement?


Umm... kinda...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_protocol#United_States

Turns out I was wrong about Kyoto... apparently the majority of the world is in on it.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca